NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Loved the tag opener (bit redundant to say that tbh)

Ricochet is awesome, the women did good but belair is caught in the same character trap as Sasha Banks often is - it screams heel, but trying to be face.

Ohno can do one generally, but props for the toe bite.

Timing is wrong, as you would want the blow off to be at mania weekend; but DIY redoing the two man power trip would be fun.

Really good but not near the best Takeover events they've done.

Great opener considering I wasn't a huge War Raiders fan before. But I always assumed the match would deliver because UE could do that with their eyes closed.

I'd have to agree that the match order did hurt the crowd a little. Ciampa/Black was never going to be as good as the North American match but I guess you should go for the main title as the main event so hard to argue there.

Looking forward to Riddle moving on to a different feud and seeing what he brings to the table. His work with Ohno worked as a soft introduction to him but I've seen enough now and want to see more from him.

The BelAir match is a difficult one as I thought it was as good as it could be considering she's not quite there yet. Definitely her best showing by far and made her look strong in defeat.

Is Dream supposed to be gay? Surely he's doing the Prince gimmick of (and I'm paraphrasing something I read on Twitter whilst as bit drunk from memory) great looking androgynous guy who'll steal your girlfriend just because he can

Either way he's the best thing to happen to wrestling in years (and if he stole my Mrs I'd be upset but couldn't hold it against either of them)

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

Is Dream supposed to be gay? Surely he's doing the Prince gimmick of (and I'm paraphrasing something I read on Twitter whilst as bit drunk from memory) great looking androgynous guy who'll steal your girlfriend just because he can

Either way he's the best thing to happen to wrestling in years (and if he stole my Mrs I'd be upset but couldn't hold it against either of them)

I don’t think you know what androgynous means. I certainly wouldn’t describe Dream as such. He’s quite clearly a bloke. 

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

I don’t think you know what androgynous means. I certainly wouldn’t describe Dream as such. He’s quite clearly a bloke. 

True, that's not the word I was looking for, possibly not even the word the person who wrote the tweet I was badly remembering used, I can only blame the lack of sleep, booze and too many jacket potatoes for messing that up. I'd love to know the word I was looking for.... ambiguous maybe? 

Either way, Dream to be final four tonight! 

• Paid Members

Probably the weakest of the Takeovers in a long while. The crowd were quiet in comparison to previous shows and it really hindered the quality of a few matches. The matches themselvers were good but nothing so brilliant that I feel I need to rewatch down the line. Gargano/Ricochet was great but never hit that fifth gear for me. The opening tag was bloody good fun as well. Everything else had it's moments but struggled to really hit that 'wow factor' that Takeovers usually carry with them. 

Also, Sam Roberts is a fucking tool. 

Edited by Accident Prone

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I hate the Belair character it just came off as a heel trying her best to ham it up as a baby face, her entrance is terrible to jogging/skipping down to the ring, she’s still green I guess and wasn’t ready, would of loved another Kairi/Shayna bout instead.

I thought Belair did a tremendous job as the traditional face in that match. The crowd were clearly spent following the Ricochet/Gargano match yet they were rallying for her by the end. 

Takeover matches have too much indie guff stuffed into it for me but the tag had some great moments,  love the War Raiders, always have time for teams with a gimmick and an entertaining fat bloke. Roddy and Kyle always deliver.

Get Shayna Baszler on main tv already, Rousey won’t be around forever.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think Mysterio could work magic with Ricochet.

Not particularly keen on either of them playing heel.

12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Imagine Mysterio, Andrade and Ricochet in a three way. Holy shit.

Now you've got me.

Good show but I felt my age in the opener with big monsters doing Cruiser spots they shouldn't have to and thinking "you're doing too much, lads." Felt a bit burned out after that AND Gargano v Ricochet.

Edited by air_raid

Thought this was a very solid show. Ohno v Riddle & Belair v Baszler were not amazing but by no means a disappointment, I think certain fans expect every Takeover match to be perfection so even a decent match with a tired crowd may come across as worse than it is.

I'm loving the main event story and with the aftermath of the show it makes things interesting and unpredictable, which compared to the main roster is refreshing.

(also first post & new here so hello everyone!) 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

True, that's not the word I was looking for, possibly not even the word the person who wrote the tweet I was badly remembering used, I can only blame the lack of sleep, booze and too many jacket potatoes for messing that up. I'd love to know the word I was looking for.... ambiguous maybe? 

Either way, Dream to be final four tonight! 

To a degree I think the term you may be looking for is metrosexual with the way his character seems to be very much around fashion, his appearance etc while still being tough enough to kick your head in.

I really hope he shows up at the Rumble tonight anyhow, and especially in the 1 or 2 slot.

As for Takeover I have to say I really enjoyed Riddle vs Ohno, just flowed really well for me. Quite confused as to where the next rivalries for the titles are going to go though. Maybe Riddle with Ciampa but no idea who comes in to challenge Gargano if Ricochet, Dream and Black are all main roster bound. Doesn't feel as many big names as there used to be.