NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

He needs to keep his mouth shut this time if he's not to break the spell.  His voice doesn't match his character, and he's a pretty boring promo.

But yeah, indyriffic is the word.

I know what @tiger_rick means about Undisputed Era, and I think on the main roster they'd be laughed out of the place, but they DO put on cracking matches and against smaller opponents look fine.

Aaliyah v Mia Yim was... ugly.  Aaliyah does't improve much but she's fucking hot so I'm glad to see her.  For her debut, I thought Yim looked off.

BTW, in case nobody knew this, Bianca Belair is un-de-fea-ted.  UN-DE-FEAT-ED.

I bloody love Bianca, she'll be huge star for them if they handle her correctly. So far, so good.

Edited by Snugglecakes

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

He needs to keep his mouth shut this time if he's not to break the spell.  His voice doesn't match his character, and he's a pretty boring promo.

But yeah, indyriffic is the word.

I know what @tiger_rick means about Undisputed Era, and I think on the main roster they'd be laughed out of the place, but they DO put on cracking matches and against smaller opponents look fine.

Aaliyah v Mia Yim was... ugly.  Aaliyah does't improve much but she's fucking hot so I'm glad to see her.  For her debut, I thought Yim looked off.

5 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

They have grown on me recently because of there in ring work, the tag matches at the last few takeovers especially have been superb.

You are right with the way they carry there characters though, imagine if they had gotten to the main roster in time to face off against The Shield or something, they would have looked beyond stupid.

See, I’m not sure I agree with this. The shield were pushed as a main event act. UE rarely headline NXT, I doubt they’d be pushed as monsters on the main roster. A feud with New Day for example would be perfectly good. The t shirt looks like a little money spinner too. 

While im not a big fan I’d bet Adam Cole turns into a bigger success than anyone else in NXT at the moment.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

2 hours ago, Snugglecakes said:

I bloody love Bianca, she'll be huge star for them if they handle her correctly. So far, so good.

They'll do well to get it wrong as long as they let her go out and be that character which she nails, and keep consistent with it. Don't do anything mindless like turn her babyface or make her tag with her best opponent for two years or something.

EDIT : what colour is EC3 supposed to be??

The Kairi/Baszler video was ace. Hearing Kairi say "I can beat you" would have been so hollow if it was a Raw wrestler talking to an opponent because everyone has wrestled each other half a dozen times but because at the time they'd had two matches with the one Kairi won being (a) ages ago and (b) not the most recent, against a better more experienced Shayna AND for the belt.... well, someone knows how to build and how to hype for wrestling.

Ohno needs to wear attire that better hides his fatness. We already know "lose weight" doesn't work.

Wouldn't it be amazing if smiley likeable Matt Riddle was the one that attacked Black?

FURTHER EDIT :

Never mind. Good work, guys. A fubarred face run can often make a great heel turn. "Johnny Failure? Fuck you."

Edited by air_raid

Nikki Cross is becoming unbearable just lately.

Thats the best Ohno has looked for ages.

Still dont see anything in EC3, his "great in TNA" claim is getting up there with how good Albert was in Japan.

Black looked superb, think this little break has done him good.

I keep banging on about The Dream but my god, he is light years ahead of anyone on nxt when it comes charisma/presence. The line to Sullivan about wearing pants was fantastic.

Edited by The King of Old School

On 10/26/2018 at 8:22 AM, The King of Old School said:

Nikki Cross is becoming unbearable just lately.

Thats the best Ohno has looked for ages.

Still dont see anything in EC3, his "great in TNA" claim is getting up there with how good Albert was in Japan.

Black looked superb, think this little break has done him good.

I keep banging on about The Dream but my god, he is light years ahead of anyone on nxt when it comes charisma/presence. The line to Sullivan about wearing pants was fantastic.

I'm really disappointed with EC3 in NXT too, he just hasn't been able to transfer that star quality he appeared to have in TNA.

Dream on the other hand is wonderful, they have a megastar on their hands if used correctly. Rock levels of charisma and a guy with a genuine love for the business. They've failed massively if he doesn't headline WrestleMania's. 

• Awards Moderator

Riddle was fine, match gave me a sense of what he’s about. A three minute squash should impress people, though. It should be you doing your most impressive bits one after the other. If you have to have twenty minutes or more to show you’re any good, you’re probably not as good as they say. It worked for Nakamura, granted, and a long, good match will make you seem a bigger deal than an average squash, but there’ve been plenty who’ve caught the imagination with far less time.

Anyway, the closing angle was brilliant stuff and I’m looking forward to War Games.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator