NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NXT UK starts on the Network next week.

Radzi Chinyanganya is doing backstage interviews!

Edited by The Dart

Nikki Cross seems to getting more and more Eugene-like by the week. The unhinged psychopath shouldn’t be playing to the crowd for laughs.

I put Kona Reeves on the ‘future endeavours’ list in the roster clearout thread, and this just re-enforced that decision. The gimmicks going nowhere and I’m not convinced by him in ring either, even when he was brought back as this and winning.

They need pack it in calling everything “an instant classic”, I’ll decide that on my own. It just leaves if it doesn’t deliver. Lucky for, the triple threat main event was great.

With regards to NXT UK- there’s supposedly talk of them having a local TV deal as well as it being on the network

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Triple threat main event was another belter. I could watch any combination of those three several times over without complaint. Excellent match here.

I’m just not sold on Keith Lee. Almost everything he does looks really sloppy. Not getting the appeal at present. 

I've been a fan of Keith Lee when all he has to do is wrestle - I recommend everyone check out his match with Ishii in RevPro last year, a really simple story, paced well, not too long, and perhaps most importantly; Lee didn't leave his feet against the smaller man more than seemed necessary, which is pretty much the opposite of how he's being presented here (look how high I can jump for a fat lad - we all love Vader mate, we can go watch him on the Network) I'm not digging him in this setting at all. His weird movie trailer voice doesn't feel right for WWE, proper crap video package a few weeks ago that felt low rent. It's interesting them pushing him as the biggest thing since sliced bread (at least until Riddle comes along), when they signed Dijak ages ago, a big dude with a similar skillset who according to Meltz has even had a 5* match with Keith in PWG last year, but has only been seen once or twice on TV.

Kona Reeves is also fucking rubbish, completely mediocre and nobody knows what his gimmick is - comes off like a poor Tyler Breeze parody. Bin.

Agree on Nikki approaching dangerous levels of goofy, and I'm a big fan. Not really into Ciampa the champ either, felt corny in his promo. Velveteen is still god but too early in Ciampa's reign for me to really invest in him being a champ yet.

Triple threat was great fun, everything Dunne touches in WWE seems to be gold. Love the Ohno/Riddle "feud" without Riddle having had to show his face, really anticipating a darker side of Ohno and that should be a class match to give Riddle some proper direction off the bat, the sort of thing Keith Lee and the somehow still face EC3 sorely missed.

Edited by sj5522

I think it's Keith Lee's paedophile smile that's putting me off at the moment.   Faces shouldn't smile like Jimmy Saville on a bus trip to Borstal.

Keith-Lee-NXT-WWE.jpg

Keith Lee's promo voice sounds like he should be doing voice overs for a 90's cartoon network show. 

In other sexy news

Edited by Richard

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

Keith Lee's promo voice sounds like he should be doing voice overs for a 90's cartoon network show. 

In other sexy news

Yeah different design on them there nice looking .. I'm looking forward to watching nxt UK on Wednesday I have kept away form spoilers so far. 

I see that the American grasp of geography is as strong as ever. Looking at those belts your eye is drawn to the NXT in the middle and underneath the T the main thing you can see is the African continent. 

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I see that the American grasp of geography is as strong as ever. Looking at those belts your eye is drawn to the NXT in the middle and underneath the T the main thing you can see is the African continent. 

All part of the Commonwealth innit?