NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Thoughts on the last couple of episodes...

Kona Reeves disgusts me.

Keith Lee is still shit.

In the ring, Nikki Cross is watchable, the segment with Ciampa & Dream however, wasnt.

Dream has the most natural charisma since John Cena, absolute money if he's allowed to carry on in the same vein on the main roster.

Dunne/Ricochet/Cole was fantastic.

Undisputed Era have grown on me, hope they are in a four vs four match at War Games.

Cant fully get on board with The War Raiders but they did bust out a few impressive double team moves.

I could watch Lorcan/Burch destroy teams all day.

Aliester Black look liked he needed a shit at the end of the last episode.

War Raiders still not doing a whole lot for me either at the moment. It’s still only their first real feud so I’m hoping they can win me over in time.

How do we reckon the Aleister Black Attack angle plays out then? I’m predicting it to play out as follows (not fantasy booking, this is how I think it will go):

* Black attacks Gargano - says that was who Nikki Cross said attacked him, and Gargano gained from Black being out of the title match at the last Takover

* Gargano protests his innocence - says that Cross is mental unhinged and not a credible witness. Black continues to attack Gargano as he’s a Satan-worshipping evil fuck. They face each other at Takeover War Games

* Candice feuds with Nikki - Candice white knights for hubby after Nikki drags his name though the mud by falsely accusing him of the attack because she’s mad and you can’t believe a word she says

and in true WWE fashion, they bugger it all up with 

* the mystery attacker is revealed as...Johnny Gargano - “it was me Aleister! It was me all along”

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Naff photoshop removed for being naff

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

FB920800-D96C-4E60-8429-847E98671636.thumb.jpeg.4de753c6f9e537908fb4f2f530c02093.jpeg

That’s got the potential to be a killer match for the live crowd. How crazy for Pete Dunne. I’ve seen in such scummy, shitty venues, and now he’s performing in Madison Square Garden. Amazing. 

The four to the left of Ciampa really are the four blandest looking fuckers I've ever seen in my life. That could be the line-up for a swimming gala.

I’d like the Black attacker to be a complete outsider. Use it to debut a new name with the logical explanation of wanting to make a name for themselves. The angle has been great for progressing the show along and linking everything together, it doesn’t need to be given to an existing character at this point. Can’t imagine anyone getting heat for it in the same way as taking out a beloved character like Gargano (before they experimented with him and tarnished the magic he’d captured as the best pure face.) 

Or use it for Rikishi coming back for one last run.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the tag title match, Rowe and Hanson against precisely the type of opponents they excel against. Fish interference made perfect sense to nail the type of finish you want to have your heels retain but leave your faces looking a credible threat... and it taking all four to stop Raiders winning leads well into War Games if they fancy doing it properly this year instead of 3v3v3. Watching how well Roderick is doing for himself in the spot they found for him reminds me how much of a dick Austin Aries is. Bell to bell I'd love him to be involved in the balls to the wall side of NXT again, but he probably deserves to be nowhere because he's a dick.

Taping the worked-injury stoppage finish in Shayna's match then scheduling it to air the same week as 

What genuinely happened to Tegan

was at best a bit thoughtless and at worst callous and I had no time for. Mauro was fucking awful here waffling on about the "catch wrestling lineage" of Baszler and mentioning Karl Gotch without elaboration. Which is good in a way because it's tenuous.

Watching Danny Burch in the spot he's in, I've never been happier to see someone make the most of a second chance. When I last saw him live I thought he was winding down, now he's doing nip ups on the Network being talked up as a contender for the NXT tag belts. Remarkable.

Bianca Belair is a talent. She'll be a star and already carries herself like one, a wonderful smug little tosser the type of which they haven't had since peak Sasha. Funnily enough I used to love what a smug prick Nikki Storm was until they made her into..... whatever Nikki Cross is. I was pleased they let a women's feud not for the title main event the show but...... that finish. I can't figure out if I think its fucking the women's feud to get the focus back "on the men where it belongs" and it's shit, or its the female characters crossing over with the top men's storyline which is #revolution .... nah. It was shit.

Anyone who said they'd cut Bianca in the spring clean thread deserves to be whipped to death. By her hair.

• Paid Members

Decent episode this week with Black going full Stone Cold. Those Black Mass kicks looked brilliant and Lars took it like he had been hit with a sledgehammer. Not sure what to make of the big reveal, though. Ciampa instantly leaving the ring as Black appeared was great, as was Dreams line about Lars wearing pants when he speaks to him. 

Dont know anything about Matt Riddle so I’m intrigued to see the debut next week. Hopefully, it goes better than Keith Lee.

• Paid Members

Closing segment was very good. Hard to belive they've done it though. Even on NXT, they've crippled a loveable babyface. What were those fucking dweebs applauding at the end?

I just don't get Undisputed Era. That shitarse Adam Cole stammering his way through a promo. William Regal, who isn't a big guy, making them look like four midgets. Roddy Strong trying to find out if his face has a second expression. Just not my cup of tea.

Promo vids for Lacey and the Kari/Shayna feud were outstanding work.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I just don't get Undisputed Era. That shitarse Adam Cole stammering his way through a promo. William Regal, who isn't a big guy, making them look like four midgets. Roddy Strong trying to find out if his face has a second expression. Just not my cup of tea.

They have grown on me recently because of there in ring work, the tag matches at the last few takeovers especially have been superb.

You are right with the way they carry there characters though, imagine if they had gotten to the main roster in time to face off against The Shield or something, they would have looked beyond stupid.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

EC3 debuts as a slimy arrogant heel. Fairly rapidly ‘turns face’ (IE just suddenly is one with no explanation) because the Full Sail crowd keep cheering him.

Couple of months later, subjected to a gang beat down, culminating in Bobby Fish smashing his knee in with a chair. Very same crowd chants “Thank you Bobby”.

Christ.

(Mere minutes after the crowd had cheered Undisputed Era telling them they, not the crowd, were NXT).

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't watch NXT but caught the clip of Alastair Black kicking the fuck out of all the security guys from this week's show and he looked like a badass megastar.

Yeah it was awesome. That type of attack has potential to look really crap if missed, and it must be a high possibility of the kicks not connecting that well and cameras not being able to hide it, but in that difficult "storm the building" type situation, and then with Lars in the ring, fucking hell it was great.

He needs to keep his mouth shut this time if he's not to break the spell.  His voice doesn't match his character, and he's a pretty boring promo.

But yeah, indyriffic is the word.

I know what @tiger_rick means about Undisputed Era, and I think on the main roster they'd be laughed out of the place, but they DO put on cracking matches and against smaller opponents look fine.

Aaliyah v Mia Yim was... ugly.  Aaliyah does't improve much but she's fucking hot so I'm glad to see her.  For her debut, I thought Yim looked off.

BTW, in case nobody knew this, Bianca Belair is un-de-fea-ted.  UN-DE-FEAT-ED.