NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Lacey Evans was in the military and WWE rims the military so I'm guessing that's why she's there.

It seems to just be America in general. God love the military or you be banished from the land as an America-hating, Taliban-supporting infidel.

• Paid Members
On 10/4/2018 at 11:13 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, Lars' entrance is brilliantly done. The execution is perfect. NXT has produced some outstanding entrances over the years, which never ever translate successfully to the main shows when guys get called up. 

I do love Lars’ entrance, but every time I see it I wish it were done so that you see him in silhouette at the very beginning, then have him revealed. Hoping they’ll be able to pull that off when they move him up as the size of the stage/arenas might allow them to light him from behind the right way up there?

EC3 is ludicrously brown.

I fear I may be turning into a dirty workrate pervert.  I agree with the neckbeard in the 205Live t-shirt at the end of the Triple Threat : wow.

The pace of this match was phenomenal, and it wasn't just a high-flying spot fest (though there was lots of that), there were some good bits of storytelling too.

I do wonder how many years you can work a style like this for though - not into your 40s certainly.  You look at guys like Joe and Styles who had matches like this back in the day in TNA, and they have to work a lot slower and sell more nowadays.  But I don't mind guys being able to absorb a certain amount of punishment for the first 5 or 10 minutes.  The WWE main event style nowadays seems to require people to look blown up within about 3 minutes and then gut their way through.  In the era of 15 minute MMA matches, you can see what conditioning looks like in a combat sport environment.

Anyway, a cracking match.  Rest of the episode was a bit... there.  Ciampa and the Dream still haven't really established a proper feud, and I've no idea why Nikki Cross is all over tv nowadays.  She's a great character but should never be asked to say anything.  Keith Lee looked better but they're pushing him as the most significant NXT signing ever which is clearly bollocks.  No interest in the War Raiders yet either, that gimmick just looks naff on telly.

Edited by Loki
not a work place sex creep

Nikki Cross seems to getting more and more Eugene-like by the week. The unhinged psychopath shouldn’t be playing to the crowd for laughs.

I put Kona Reeves on the ‘future endeavours’ list in the roster clearout thread, and this just re-enforced that decision. The gimmicks going nowhere and I’m not convinced by him in ring either, even when he was brought back as this and winning.

They need pack it in calling everything “an instant classic”, I’ll decide that on my own. It just leaves if it doesn’t deliver. Lucky for, the triple threat main event was great.

With regards to NXT UK- there’s supposedly talk of them having a local TV deal as well as it being on the network

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Triple threat main event was another belter. I could watch any combination of those three several times over without complaint. Excellent match here.

I’m just not sold on Keith Lee. Almost everything he does looks really sloppy. Not getting the appeal at present. 

I've been a fan of Keith Lee when all he has to do is wrestle - I recommend everyone check out his match with Ishii in RevPro last year, a really simple story, paced well, not too long, and perhaps most importantly; Lee didn't leave his feet against the smaller man more than seemed necessary, which is pretty much the opposite of how he's being presented here (look how high I can jump for a fat lad - we all love Vader mate, we can go watch him on the Network) I'm not digging him in this setting at all. His weird movie trailer voice doesn't feel right for WWE, proper crap video package a few weeks ago that felt low rent. It's interesting them pushing him as the biggest thing since sliced bread (at least until Riddle comes along), when they signed Dijak ages ago, a big dude with a similar skillset who according to Meltz has even had a 5* match with Keith in PWG last year, but has only been seen once or twice on TV.

Kona Reeves is also fucking rubbish, completely mediocre and nobody knows what his gimmick is - comes off like a poor Tyler Breeze parody. Bin.

Agree on Nikki approaching dangerous levels of goofy, and I'm a big fan. Not really into Ciampa the champ either, felt corny in his promo. Velveteen is still god but too early in Ciampa's reign for me to really invest in him being a champ yet.

Triple threat was great fun, everything Dunne touches in WWE seems to be gold. Love the Ohno/Riddle "feud" without Riddle having had to show his face, really anticipating a darker side of Ohno and that should be a class match to give Riddle some proper direction off the bat, the sort of thing Keith Lee and the somehow still face EC3 sorely missed.

Edited by sj5522

I think it's Keith Lee's paedophile smile that's putting me off at the moment.   Faces shouldn't smile like Jimmy Saville on a bus trip to Borstal.

Keith-Lee-NXT-WWE.jpg

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

Keith Lee's promo voice sounds like he should be doing voice overs for a 90's cartoon network show. 

In other sexy news

Yeah different design on them there nice looking .. I'm looking forward to watching nxt UK on Wednesday I have kept away form spoilers so far.