NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

So is this part of Johnny's subtle heel turn then? Ā Did he wipe out Black so he can have Gargano to himself? Ā I don't really know where this is all going, and it's great.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

So is this part of Johnny's subtle heel turn then? Ā Did he wipe out Black so he can have Gargano to himself? Ā I don't really know where this is all going, and it's great.

Possibly Lars Sullivan getting revenge on Black for breaking his jaw.

• Awards Moderator

I love how those videos weave their way through loads of members of the roster as you get all the different bits of footage.

Bloody awful First Aid, mind. I knewĀ they were hardly going to stick him in the recovery position but at least check the manā€™s airway!

• Paid Members

Two guys Iā€™ve been aware of, but myĀ first time actually seeing either Keith Lee or Marcel Barthel in a match. I very much enjoyed what I saw from both, but have a criticism of each:

1) I donā€™t like the fact Marcel Barthelā€™s name rhymes.

2) ā€œBask in my gloryā€ is a kindaĀ heelish catchphrase for a jovial babyface. The kind of thing you get away with on the indies, but expect WWE to weed out before putting you out there.

Other than that, it was an episode of Brazilians in martial arts gear with oddlyĀ ill-fitting music.

Edited by Statto
Typos.

8 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

I always chuckle when they do stuff in an outside environment at full sail, is it like a Uni or somat, you get random shite in the background. Black looks like he's in slug and lettuce beer garden there just sparko.

It's an actual Uni, I believe WWE fund a TV production course in turn for the use of the arena for NXT and the Mae Young Classic

• Paid Members

In any other storyline, with any other character, Iā€™d be applauding the ambiguity and intrigue surrounding Gargano, Ciampa and Black. Iā€™m all for multi-layered stories where you canā€™t figure out where theyā€™re going. But not with Gargano. Heā€™s too good as a babyface to start hinting at a heel turn or surrounding his character in doubt. It goes against everything theyā€™ve built up so far and works against the natural conclusion of the hero finally conquering the villain.Ā 

Am I alone in thinking this? It definitely feels like theyā€™ve lost a lot of steam the moment Johnny startedĀ acting suspicious.

• Awards Moderator
16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

In any other storyline, with any other character, Iā€™d be applauding the ambiguity and intrigue surrounding Gargano, Ciampa and Black. Iā€™m all for multi-layered stories where you canā€™t figure out where theyā€™re going. But not with Gargano. Heā€™s too good as a babyface to start hinting at a heel turn or surrounding his character in doubt. It goes against everything theyā€™ve built up so far and works against the natural conclusion of the hero finally conquering the villain.Ā 

Am I alone in thinking this? It definitely feels like theyā€™ve lost a lot of steam the moment Johnny startedĀ acting suspicious.

It does feel a little odd, and his reactions the past few weeks have been a bit muted. But as an experiment, I really like the possibility of it and you might as well try these things out in NXT. The idea that even the most pure, incorruptible babyface can become so clouded by hatred and revenge that he starts to be the very thing he hates so much... itā€™s a fascinating thing to try out. Ciampa is so much the Devil he can even tempt the eternal blue-eye into evil. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d be up for a Gargano turn but they are playing it in the most compelling way possible. If that is what theyā€™re doing, of course!

On 9 August 2018 at 11:23 PM, Great Bear Promotions said:

That was Marcelā€™sĀ firstĀ NXT tv outing. Think heā€™s been over there 12 months at this pointĀ and had a few minorĀ injuries over the way. May be a little longer..Ā 

Very happy to see a very good friend doing well, sure he will push on!

Ā 

Just googled to see who this guy is and realised I actually met him last April as he stayed in a hotel I work in. By chance it was a quiet night so when he arrived I was having a casual conversation and he mentioned he just finished a wrestling show, then got talking about wrestling and he mentioned he was on his way to NXT like a month or so later. Always wondered what happened to him so good to see him make his debut.

• Awards Moderator

Main takeaway from this weekā€™s show (other than how confidentĀ Velveteen Dream was on the mic) was the little news report style video highlighting all the witnesses and potential suspects for the attack on Black. Really liked that, and Iā€™d love a post-Takeover ā€˜William Regal Investigatesā€™ where he calls each of them into his office to try and find out whodunnit.

• Paid Members
On 8/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Main takeaway from this weekā€™s show (other than how confidentĀ Velveteen Dream was on the mic) was the little news report style video highlighting all the witnesses and potential suspects for the attack on Black. Really liked that, and Iā€™d love a post-Takeover ā€˜William Regal Investigatesā€™ where he calls each of them into his office to try and find out whodunnit.

Was just about to post the exact same thing. I LOVED that vignette, where they highlighted all the potential suspects. It reminded me of when The Simpsons did that, "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" storyline that really captured my imagination as a kid. I want skits every single week where Regal is on the case, examining evidence and interrogating people.

image.png.cfd40509769078287e8b95ecbfd07752.png

"I know you did it, you bloody pillock! I just need the evidence to prove it!"

Also thought the Ciampa/Gargano video package was awesome. That angle has felt really muddled since they started teasing Gargano's heel turn and involving Black. It's definitely lost some steam. This put it right back on track though and I can't wait for tomorrow now. This whole card looks awesome. There's no way it won't be an incredible show.