NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Wasn't it supposed to be the first step in a working relationship between New Japan and NXT? I remember a big deal was made of Trips building bridges and then nothing happened after Brooklyn.

New Japan was already balls deep with ROH by that point, so no. Liger's special, his deal is that he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

I actually totally disagree. I think Reeves' gimmick is fine and the theme is catchy. A self centred cocky and arrogant heel who believes he deserves all the best things in life. I much prefer people to have a go at a gimmick than be "generic strongstyle black trunks nothing special guy #27". With regards to losing to EC3 regardless of the distraction I see it more of EC3 being so good he managed to still just scrape a kick out rather than Reeves being rubbish so couldn't beat him. 

• Awards Moderator
On 8/2/2018 at 3:40 PM, ThumpSquids said:

I adore that he has no merch. No way to celebrate his villainy in the crowd. No music, no fanfare. An absolute heel. How long has it been since something like this came along? 

He is absolutely excelling in this role. I hate him, he’s an irredeemable bastard. The opening video package portrayed that beautifully, and then he came out and confirmed all your worst feelings about him. And yet half of Full Sail still cheer him. 

With Ciampa and Baszler, NXT has probably the two best heels in the business right now.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Closely followed by that fan in the white tshirt who sits in the corner near the ring steps. I’m booing anytime he gets his mug on tv. Has to be the loudest, clap the most, and you see in the Ciampa & Black match that he is affected most by what happens, and this week he’s running around with the Street Profits everywhere they go with his homemade Street Profits flag

In other news (spoilered as it may effect the Takeover:Brooklyn main event)

Aleister Black is out of action after undergoing surgery. The injury occurred during last saturdays NXT Live event in Las Vegas in his match against Tomasso Ciampa. The injury occurred when Black was crutches on the top rope. While no announcement has been made official, Black could be in doubt for the Takeover event during Summerslam weekend

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, ThumpSquids said:

The older, white-haired lady that Ciampa mentioned in this weeks speech, she must be someones mum, surely. Ciampas?  

She got into it with him when he first came back. And she’s always at Full Sail. One of the regulars. I know she’s on twitter as well. Don’t think they’re related at all. 

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The current season of LU on started in mid June you spenk, this was from March

You do know that LU isn't shown live ?

and was filmed sometime before March or before that NXT show was put in the can ?

Bet you don't reply or apologise now you have soiled your troosers in embaresment