NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The Ciampa beatdown Of Black was interesting. If only for the fact Gargano was right there outside, telling Black he knows what heā€™s going to do, Ciampa then I waits behind the door and batters him then leaves through the door Gargano was as just outside of.

First thought made me think are they putting them back together and having Gargano help Ciampa win the belt, would be mental after everything but stranger things have happened and NxT could explain the story well I guess.

• Paid Members

I canā€™tĀ think of anything Iā€™d hateĀ more than Gargano turning heel and joining forces with Ciampa. Fuck that. Thatā€™sĀ such a Russo thing to do. No-one would expect it, bro. No-one would expect it because itā€™d be fuckingĀ stupid. Theyā€™ve got something super special with Gargano and Ciampa. The yearā€™s best feud between the yearā€™s best babyface and the yearā€™s best heel, having a match of the year candidate each and everyĀ time out.Ā The last thing you need to do with this is try anything cute. This should only end one way and thatā€™s Gargano winning the belt from Ciampa in a huge, cathartic crescendo.Ā 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Ā 

6 minutes ago, The Dart said:

When Bobby Fish came out at the end he was holding a trophy. Ā What was the trophy and why did he have it?

You mean the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic trophyā€¦?

040_NXT_06212018ca_1194--b97429bb653491a

Edited by Your Fight Site

58 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I canā€™tĀ think of anything Iā€™d hateĀ more than Gargano turning heel and joining forces with Ciampa. Fuck that. Thatā€™sĀ such a Russo thing to do. No-one would expect it, bro. No-one would expect it because itā€™d be fuckingĀ stupid. Theyā€™ve got something super special with Gargano and Ciampa. The yearā€™s best feud between the yearā€™s best babyface and the yearā€™s best heel, having a match of the year candidate each and everyĀ time out.Ā The last thing you need to do with this is try anything cute. This should only end one way and thatā€™s Gargano winning the belt from Ciampa in a huge, cathartic crescendo.Ā 

Oh aye I agree, itā€™s not something Iā€™d like to see happen at all, itā€™s just the way the segment played out made the thought pop into my mind. You would also assume Gargano wouldā€™ve heard Black being attacked and maybe nipped back to see what was happening. I dunno, itā€™s most likely nothing and Iā€™ve seen a swerve that definitely isnā€™t there, but just crossed my mind.

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

As long as they get the belt off Black and pronto. Ā He's the least convincing champion they've had since I started watching NXT. Ā  Ciampa would be way better, or Sullivan, or Ricochet, or anyone really.

It DOES feel like they might be heading to a Gargano heel turn. Ā They're doing SOMETHING with his character anyway.

Gargano, as someone mentioned previously, joining up with Cosmos is Russo-levels of stupid and would fuck off alot of people.

Turning Gargano would be a daft idea, but if that is what theyā€™re leaning towards, I could see them maybe going towards a marriage in trouble storyline between him and Candice. Iā€™m not saying to go all Vince/Linda ā€œI WANT A DIVORRRRCE!ā€ with it, but they canā€™t go one second of either of them being onscreen without mentioning that theyā€™re married to each other.

And while this feud with CiampaĀ has been phenomenal, it needs to end. Presumably theyā€™re looking at one more match at Takeover:Brooklyn, which is fine as theyā€™re one apiece, but that needs to be the end of it. Personally, I wouldnā€™t have an issue with them putting the belt on Ciampa for that match, and I wouldnā€™t be against him winning in Brooklyn to lead to theĀ Garganos marriage in strife angle. The baby face doesnā€™t have to always win.

Unrelated note, the NXT North American title has been a bit of a nothing belt so far. I know itā€™s still new & all, but outside of a couple of random defences with either little or no build,Ā nothing has been made of anybody pursuingĀ Ā Adam Cole for it

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And while this feud with CiampaĀ has been phenomenal, it needs to end. Presumably theyā€™re looking at one more match at Takeover:Brooklyn, which is fine as theyā€™re one apiece, but that needs to be the end of it. Personally, I wouldnā€™t have an issue with them putting the belt on Ciampa for that match, and I wouldnā€™t be against him winning in Brooklyn to lead to theĀ Garganos marriage in strife angle. The baby face doesnā€™t have to always win.

I donā€™t think it needs to ā€˜endā€™. Push it further onto the back burner, sure, but donā€™t forget about it. With an hour a week & only 5 big shows a year, NXT allows you to pace it like that.

If I were putting together a rough sketch for it - Ciampa wins the belt on the next Takeover. Successful defence against Black at Survivor Series weekend, then Ricochet at Rumble weekend. Primarily feuding with each guy at the appropriate times. He doesnā€™t even acknowledge that Gargano exists except possibly the odd gloat.Ā He carries the belt into Mania weekend.

Meanwhile, Garganoā€™s mental state deteriorates, as does his in ring career. Marital strife seems like a good way to go. Maybe he goes AWOL for a couple of months. (Or gets himself fired/released in storyline, goes off & works approved indies for a bit...)Ā He remains obsessed with Ciampa, but thatā€™s stopping him from achieving success in his career. And that means as long as Ciampa has got the belt, heā€™s not getting his hands on him.

Somehow, he turns it around (with the love of a good woman, reconcilingĀ with Candice) and ends up winning the number one contendership. First ever NXT Rumble, maybe. Or possibly even wins THE Rumble, but thereā€™s only one champion he wants his hands on...

After that, the old Johnny comes back. Gargano vs Ciampa, for the title,Ā Wrestlemania weekend. And thatā€™s the next time they have physical contact, starting now.Ā 

• Paid Members

Holy shit that trailer for Ciampa vs. Black next week was incredible.

I'm more excited for that random NXT TV match than almost anything the main roster has had on pay per view this year. Ciampa is the heel of the year, for sure. That clip of him smiling whilst some random fan is screaming, "YOU'RE THE DEVIL CIAMPA!! YOU'RE THE DEVIL!!!!" is proper iconic stuff. Fair play to whoever that lad is. Awesome.

Edited by Supremo

Tremendous stuff. They just do things well, no secret to it, no frills, just damn good Wrestling TV. The War Raiders bit also, actually put some context to them and how they are who they are, so rather than just a couple of neckbeards we now have the story of Rowe's motorbike crash, their struggle to get to WWE etc. They do that stuff so well, the multi part series on Roddy is still one of my favourites.

Ā 

Concerning current tapings yet to air.......

FUCK THIS COMPANY! After that video, they fucking spoil it themselves. Like a teen at a brothel, they know how good they got it and can't resist blowing their load early and bragging about it. Is this perhaps someone behind the scenes fucking with HHH's baby, pardon the pun?