NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
Matt Striker randomly dropped Smiths song titles into his commentary during a PPV once, I recall everyone shitting all over that too.

Strikers efforts were shit because Striker said them so blatantly in that wank voice of his, whereas Regal riffs them off in one go into a Phil Lynott stream of lyricism... and It's on NXT.

I think I said at the time, Regal doing the endless Smiths titles was funny in that it was probably a rib on Striker, who as mentioned used to use Smiths titles in reference to Regal during his time on ECW. It wasn't amusing in and of itself. Continuing to do it is just odd.

The fact that nobody has mentioned Regal's insertion of Depeche Mode songs into his commentary during the Tamina/Maxine match dissapoints me. What a wonderful wonderful man Regal is.

NEWM's the only person that watches it, and he might not know Depeche Mode songs.

This thread is proof that isn't the case pit. Unless these are all alt accounts of NEWMs?

I said person.

Off Topic:

Cracking match between Kingston and Ziggler on Superstars, given plenty of time for both guys to look good, so check it out.

I've always wondered what a match between those two would be like.

• Paid Members
Off Topic:

Cracking match between Kingston and Ziggler on Superstars, given plenty of time for both guys to look good, so check it out.

Quote from Scott Stanford on commentary from this match:

"How about this, Josh? Ziggler and Kingston have faced off 198 times, they're exactly even at 99 wins apiece. This will be meeting 199."

No idea if that's a load of bullshit or not, but I certainly would not be surprised.

Off Topic:

Quote from Scott Stanford on commentary from this match:

"How about this, Josh? Ziggler and Kingston have faced off 198 times, they're exactly even at 99 wins apiece. This will be meeting 199."

No idea if that's a load of bullshit or not, but I certainly would not be surprised.

Still not as many as Gabriel vs Slater I bet, as it seems like every week they have nothing for these two to do, so they end up fighting each other on either NXT, Superstars or Smackdown.

Just sack them both.

Didn't see the season Curtis won, but he is awful right now, so has he ever been good?

Really enjoyed the Bateman and Maxine partnership and feel WWE screwed that up by ending it far, far too soon.

When Trent Barrett comes back from injury, I think the tag team of him and Tyson Kidd will do well, as both are under rated by WWE bookers.

I'm in Malaysia, but the NXT signal beeped loud that someone was talking fucking Superstars in here and I got the twitches. Less of it.

To whomever it was that mentioned the Depeche Mode thing, I totally forgot to mention it. I actually especially loved it because he fucking flubbed all over the shop. I mean, he made a right mess with it. So not only did he do a poor follow up to his Smiths one, but he helped shit on a match in the process. Only in the wonderful world of NXT.

Anyway, I've only got ten minutes of hotel internet left and I really should tell the wife I arrived safely. But keep it Yellow Brand, or take it elsewhere, y'heard.

This week's best bit came from that woman in the audience who you see all the time in the bright yellow jacket (with her husband in the pink). During the Kidd/McShittycutty fight she shouted "He's more of a Hart than you are perfect!". Fantastic line.

Also, Regal tried to set up the Uso's with his twin daughters. It didn't work.

• Paid Members

I clocked Mr Pink and Mrs Yellow, but didn't notice that line. I was impressed with the way that angle unfolded, as when McGullicutty started talking I wasn't exactly enthusiastic.

It was noticeable that there was a lack of commentary for the main event (such as it was). It didn't help that the end then came out of nowhere.