NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Are they bringing this North American title in because Pete Dunne keeps defending the United Kingdom Championship against American lads? Regal kinda compares it to the UK title even bringing it up at what point in his promo...

I found it interesting that Regal explicitly compared it to the UK Title - I wonder if it'll be defended in friendly indies the way the UK Title has been.

If it isn't, I question the need for a secondary belt in NXT- between the World Title, Womens Title and Tag Titles, with occasional appearances by the UK Title, and tournaments like the Dusty Classic, that's enough for an hour long show, and I don't think any Takeover has felt like it was missing an extra title match.

As for call ups, has to be Authors of Pain, surely? There's nothing left for them in NXT. I doubt Paul Ellering will go on the road with them, though - they've started giving AOP more mic time themselves, so they seem to be preparing for that eventuality, but they feel like a team that really needs a manager to tie the whole package together. I can't see Ellering just disappearing from NXT, though - are there any other big lads hanging around the Performance Centre that Ellering could turn on AOP for?

• Paid Members

Completely forgot about them! I think it was them I had in mind when that idea first struck me, as well. Them having a manager would stop them looking too much like another Bludgeon Brothers in the eyes of some, too.

• Paid Members

I've been working on the assumption Ellering won't be going on the road with AoP either, at least not for very long, and been wondering if he's got a bump left in him for them - even if it's just a crumble to the mat off a backfist or something.

Beating up the aged Hall of Fame manager who got them to the big time would make them look proper nasty bastards, and would likely get a good reaction from a post-Mania crowd.

• Paid Members

Can't say the belt design does anything for me personally. 

Also, I agree with those that think it's a title too many for a one hour show and I can see it going the way of the old European title and becoming less and less relevant as the time wears on. That is unless they are going for the same feel as the UK title and letting the holder defend it around the bigger indies over there...

• Paid Members

I'm with Kaz, I really like the look of that. Very different to the other belts in WWE and not only does it have a territory feel to it, but also a classy boxing belt look (I'm thinking WBO and IBF). Love the choice of leather.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I think it's the shape of the centre plate that spoils it for me. It reminds me of the(in my opinion) god awful current Tag belts they have. I do agree with PunkStep though that the leather they have chosen fo the strap looks good... 

Really nice looking belt. Love the colour of the leather and the coin shaped face plate. Echoing what's been said before it looks very much like an old school touring champions belt. 

I also like that it doesn't look like all the other NXT belts, which skew a little too uniform for me.