NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I reckon there is more of a story if EC3 doesn't win the belt. He walked in expecting to given it and Regal told him that in NXT things are earned. In that promo he was learning more towards a face but not fully fledged, so him leaving without the title having him  go "ok, so I didn't earn it there. But I will earn it" sets up a feud with whoever does win it and could get the crowd behind him.

Im going with either Lars (he's my boy) or Dream to come away with it

2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Who are we thinking will be post-Mania NXT call ups then?
Surely Billie Kay and Peyton Royce have to be getting the call - maybe Killian Dain?

I feel like this topic comes up every couple of pages... But yeah, The Iconic Duo, Drew McIntyre, Sanity and Andrade Cien Almas 

• Paid Members

AoP are surely a dead cert- they've been fumbling about for a while now, there's definitely a 'don't give them anything too in-depth as we might call them up at any moment' feel to them. They've done everything they can in NXT, had plenty of cracking matches. The Raw tag division is in dire need of a shakeup and they would be the perfect addition.

Are they bringing this North American title in because Pete Dunne keeps defending the United Kingdom Championship against American lads? Regal kinda compares it to the UK title even bringing it up at what point in his promo...

If so they’ve now put a Northern Irish bloke challenging for it in the ladder match. 

Maybe some day down the line there will be a unification for both belts, NXT, Women’s, Tag and a Midcard Title is more then enough for a 1 hour show every week, they’ll have 5 titles once Takeover is done (yes I’m counting the UK title as a title in NXT currently)

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Absolutely fantastic NXT this week - can't believe the amount that happened in one hour. Take heed, Raw!

Having not followed EC3 to his TNA days I was pleasantly surprised with how much star power he has. Quick witted, owning the ring and will win the fans over pretty quickly. The ladder match is likely to steal the show, in what's another stacked show.

In terms of call ups, I expect AOP the night after mania as well as the Iconic Duo. I think we could see a couple of NXT stars in the Andre Battle Royal too.

• Paid Members

If this Womens Tag Title on the main roster is a go, Billie and Peyton are certs for an immediate call up as soon as or just prior to that announcement. In a tournament situation I could even see them being first champions, set up as obvious dickhead heels for some babyfaces to eventually be built up to knock them down.

If its not Mandy and Sonya.

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

It’s been rumoured for a while that No Way Jose is getting called up. But I can’t see him amounting to much. 

Fandango-esque reaction on the post-Mania Raw and probably not much thereafter, I’d say. Which is a shame because I think Jose’s great, one of the better promos in NXT with a distinct look as well.

• Paid Members

Not a big fan of NXT week to week but this was a great show. EC3 was excellent and it makes such a massive difference when people like him and Rick O'Shea turn up in suits looking the business. Add Dream, Black and Almas to that too. If they were on Raw, they'd have their wrestling gear on in the car park.

3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Fandango-esque reaction on the post-Mania Raw and probably not much thereafter, I’d say. Which is a shame because I think Jose’s great, one of the better promos in NXT with a distinct look as well.

I think it was Bryan Alvarez who summarised him as being the perfect opening act for your live events with his charisma and energy. Can work as well, but obviously with a gimmick like that there's an obvious ceiling in regards to how highly he'll climb within the hierarchy.

First time seeing EC3 since a TNA house show a few years back and he's still demonstrating all of the aspects that made him stand out at the time. Great presence, convincing talker and bounds of charisma. He'll do a great job.

• Paid Members

So it looks like Bobby Fish has possibly torn his ACL... again. This is following him requiring repairs to a small rip earlier in the month. He’s likely to miss Take Over. If it’s a bad one he’ll be out for yonks.

Anyway, firstly the show from a couple of weeks ago had a really fun tag match with Lorcan & Burch vs Dunne & Strong. This is one of the better TV matches I’ve seen in ages. All 4 put on a great battle and I keep forgetting how much I really enjoy the team of Lorcan & Burch, bloody great.

Funnily enough, this was diluted by Ohno vs Cole. I hated everything about this match. Ohno ruining his own big boot by using it about 15 times. Cole deciding he doesn’t know how to sell “is that all you’ve got”, along with several really bizarre counters, fuck them. I did feel that Ohno was getting a bad rep but no, he’s not. Cole is just a twat.

However the most recent episode was much better overall. EC3 was in form, great first showing. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi