NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

3 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Belair needs to lose the Alley Oop, but she's awesome. Great look, awesome theme, like the EST shtick, the hair whip is awesome AND being kept special. Really exciting prospect seeing as she probably hasn't had 50 matches yet.

She is still green [to be expected] but Belair carries herself like a star,  is a freak athlete if you look at the Performance Centre videos WWE posts and the hair whip is something different. She can press her opponents over her head and I reckon we haven;t seen half the stuff she can do yet. I would have her work more house show matches with Kairi Sane. The two had a great match in the MYC and working with a more experienced performer will only help her in the long run. Give her another year or so before bringing her up but have to agree that she is something special.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Saying that, I think Kyle O'Reilly's hurt, so unless they sub someone else into the stable, perhaps not.

It’s Bobby Fish who’s injured. I wonder if they’ll use a freebird rule so Cole can hold the title with O’Reilly

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Paid Members

Ah, my mistake. Freebird rule would make sense, though I'm not sure they'd want Cole reduced to being half of a tag team when they obviously see him as the singles guy in the stable. Given that they've already had Cole teasing asking other wrestlers to join before beating them up, I suppose they could just go through with him getting someone else in to the group - though nobody comes to mind as an ideal fit. Maybe Chris Dijak whenever he makes TV, to get another indie darling ROH lad in there?

Bobby Fish is set to undergo knee surgery which is to keep him out for about 6 months, so that would be 3 Takeover shows he's set to miss (New Orleans in April, Chicago II in June and Brooklyn IV in August). I do agree with you Pat that the  Freebird Rule would be the easy fix to everything, but it could be a good chance to bring in someone new or repackage someone.

For anyone who hasn't seen that Powerbomb spot I mentioned earlier it's here:

https://goo.gl/images/9qQAKw

seriously, what the hell are they thinking

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Thought this was super cool on Gargano’s Instagram this morning. It’s crazy to say this considering how long the angle has gone on for, but I’d fucking love if they strung this out for even longer. Bring Ciampa back and have Johnny acting as a vigilante, constantly fucking with him, jumping the rail, attacking him in airports, making his life hell until he somehow gets Regal to reinstate him. By the time the match finally happened it’d be like Sting vs. Hogan, only without the shit finish.

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator

A couple of nice surprises on this week’s show.

Ciampa’s segment was almost ruined again by the contrarian twats deliberately chanting for him, but absolutely saved by the lady in the front row giving him the thumbs down. And the reveal of Gargano was inspired! Fantastic idea and moment, I did a little cheer when I saw him. 

Pete Dunne as Strong’s tag partner was also a nice surprise, and I really liked the match with Lorcan and Burch. I can easily see the two of them winning the Classic to face UE at Takeover, but if not, I’ll definitely take Dunne vs. Burch for the U.K. Title at some point.

It's so rare these days that someone who is an internet favourite like Ciampa can get booed the way he is.  Shows how good the storyline has been and how beloved Gargano is and the team of DIY were.  Yet, there still has to be some bellends who can't play along and cheer him, probably because they respect how good his performance as a heel is.  I bet when they have a match there'll be 50/50 chants as well.

• Paid Members
On 3/22/2018 at 9:45 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

A couple of nice surprises on this week’s show.

Ciampa’s segment was almost ruined again by the contrarian twats deliberately chanting for him, but absolutely saved by the lady in the front row giving him the thumbs down. And the reveal of Gargano was inspired! Fantastic idea and moment, I did a little cheer when I saw him. 

Pete Dunne as Strong’s tag partner was also a nice surprise, and I really liked the match with Lorcan and Burch. I can easily see the two of them winning the Classic to face UE at Takeover, but if not, I’ll definitely take Dunne vs. Burch for the U.K. Title at some point.

Loved the Gargano segment, but couldn't help but think that the roof would've come off the place if they had done the same thing at Takeover. Still, the lady was great value.

• Paid Members

They did a YouTube video this week where Johnny was waiting for Ciampa to show up to the PC and tried to attack him in his car before Ciampa sped off. I’m guessing it’s going to be made via these videos and then Regal announcing it on NXT in the next couple of episodes.

• Paid Members

The amount of good stuff they’ve already got planned that weekend, and the way it would almost feel rushed if it gets announced as happening in the next two weeks, I wouldn’t be surprised if they held it off until the next Takeover.

Maybe do a segment on the show the night before Mania where Gargano storms the ring and they have a wild brawl or something, but save the actual match for the next big event? You know, like when Dean Ambrose returned in a taxi and attached Seth Rollins on that one pay per view, back when he was the hottest thing in the company.

• Paid Members

They'd be mental to try and hold it off past Wrestlemania weekend, there's not another Takeover until June. A slow burn is great, but you can't keep a "this guy doesn't even work here!" angle going that long short of bringing him back under a mask and doing the Charlie Brown From Outta Town schtick. The angle is red hot now, if Ciampa's healthy enough to wrestle, they need to capitalise now - even if it's a one and done, with Gargano getting called up after 'Mania.

• Paid Members

Yeah, my fear of Gargano ending up as another 205 Live chump probably plays a part in me wanting to see them string this out. Fuck it, paint his face like The Crow and let him sit in the rafters of Full Sail until the weekend of Wrestlemania 35.

Ah, bollocks. That’s the first time I’ve realised next year’s Wrestlemania will be Wrestlemania 35. We’re going to get loads of incorrect, “anniversary,” references, aren’t we?