NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I love the idea of Gargano doing a couple of Indy shows to sell the angle. That's exactly the type of thing I was hoping Punk would do when they did his angle.

I just hope the angle ends with Gargano back in NXT somehow. Fuck him going to the main roster or 205 Live. There's no way they'd know what to do with him. By the time this Ciampa feud is over they need to be looking at a six month NXT Title reign for Gargano. He's fucking incredible.

I totally agree with Supremo. Over the last year or so Gargano has become the face of NXT as far as I'm concerned and to only have him return for a match against Ciampa and then move to Raw or Smackdown having never won the big one, as far as NXT is concerned, would leave a very sour taste for me and a black mark on Gargano's record when looking back on it in a few years time.

The way Gargano has been built up should see him get his retribution against Ciampa in a long played out feud. I like the idea of Gargano going back to the indies for a while, then possibly appearing in the crowd at NXT TakeOver New Orleans to support Candice LaRae and distracting Ciampa later in the night, continually getting in his face. Then maybe the next TakeOver, or one in the near future, we see Ciampa get a title shot against Aleister Black, who beat Almas at New Orleans. Gargano again shows up and this time costs Ciampa the match after interference from Undisputed Era almost costs Black. From there he keeps getting in his head as Gargano still has a door into NXT through LeRae and she could even sneakily assist Gargano too. In the meantime Ciampa is going ballistic on Twitter and Gargano is ignoring him, only tweeting about his indie appearances and showing support for LeRae, a little cheeky tweet supporting Black in the title match and congratulating him afterwards would be good too.

This then leads to Ciampa asking Regal to give him a match with Gargano. Regal says he can't as Gargano is not a NXT employee. So Ciampa pleads with Regal to reinstate him, he does and they have their bloodbath at next year's NXT Wrestlemania show. Then Gargano goes on to win the NXT Title at the next show, holds it for a few months before dropping it to NXT's hottest heel, perhaps even Ciampa, before moving on.

I know it might seem long winded but in my head it has the potential to be the greatest rivalry and storyline so far in NXT, plus I selfishly don't want to see Gargano moving up to the main roster yet as I don't really watch WWE all that much anymore bar the PPVs on the Network - main reason being time and the fact that I've moved and don't have Sky anymore.

I also think Gargano has so much potential to do more in NXT before a move and by doing so he builds up his character and hopefully makes it harder for WWE to misuse him on the main roster.

Remember nxt is there to prepare guys for main roster. Him not wining the belt means nothing really, and will make him winning a main roster title all the sweeter. I doubt garganno fancies another year in nxt when they could keep the story going on main roster and get paid far more for it 

• Awards Moderator

Being selfish, I really really don’t want this story on the main roster at all. I have no faith they won’t wreck it on Raw or SmackDown and it’ll be met with silence on 205. If it even made it to a PPV it’d be dumped on the pre show. Keep the feud on NXT where it’ll get the time and focus it deserves.

2 hours ago, The Invisible Boy said:

I totally agree with Supremo. Over the last year or so Gargano has become the face of NXT as far as I'm concerned and to only have him return for a match against Ciampa and then move to Raw or Smackdown having never won the big one, as far as NXT is concerned, would leave a very sour taste for me and a black mark on Gargano's record when looking back on it in a few years time.

The way Gargano has been built up should see him get his retribution against Ciampa in a long played out feud. I like the idea of Gargano going back to the indies for a while, then possibly appearing in the crowd at NXT TakeOver New Orleans to support Candice LaRae and distracting Ciampa later in the night, continually getting in his face. Then maybe the next TakeOver, or one in the near future, we see Ciampa get a title shot against Aleister Black, who beat Almas at New Orleans. Gargano again shows up and this time costs Ciampa the match after interference from Undisputed Era almost costs Black. From there he keeps getting in his head as Gargano still has a door into NXT through LeRae and she could even sneakily assist Gargano too. In the meantime Ciampa is going ballistic on Twitter and Gargano is ignoring him, only tweeting about his indie appearances and showing support for LeRae, a little cheeky tweet supporting Black in the title match and congratulating him afterwards would be good too.

This then leads to Ciampa asking Regal to give him a match with Gargano. Regal says he can't as Gargano is not a NXT employee. So Ciampa pleads with Regal to reinstate him, he does and they have their bloodbath at next year's NXT Wrestlemania show. Then Gargano goes on to win the NXT Title at the next show, holds it for a few months before dropping it to NXT's hottest heel, perhaps even Ciampa, before moving on.

I know it might seem long winded but in my head it has the potential to be the greatest rivalry and storyline so far in NXT, plus I selfishly don't want to see Gargano moving up to the main roster yet as I don't really watch WWE all that much anymore bar the PPVs on the Network - main reason being time and the fact that I've moved and don't have Sky anymore.

I also think Gargano has so much potential to do more in NXT before a move and by doing so he builds up his character and hopefully makes it harder for WWE to misuse him on the main roster.

Christ that is long winded, i know bxt can get around long term stories with them only having 1 hour of tv a week but bloody hell.

I dont think its a bad idea at all but it will never ever happen. Gargano will be on the main roster after Mania.

• Paid Members

If there IS to finally be a Gargano v Ciampa match in NXT, on no planet will I still care if they spin it out for another year after the wait we've already had. That would be mindless late 00s ROH-level "missing the boat."

I must be the only person who watches NXT who doesn't think Gargano is the best thing since sliced bread.  I think he's super talented but I've quickly tired of the "take a ridiculous beating for 1/2 hour and then either miraculously pull off an upset or lose" routine.

With me not being a huge fan of Almas either, this has been the least interested I've been in NXT since I started watching it.  Far too many indy cruiserweights, not enough hosses at the moment for me!  The tag division is still good though, so the Dusty Classic will keep me entertained until they pull the trigger on Lars Sullivan or MacIntyre comes back.  

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Loki said:

I must be the only person who watches NXT who doesn't think Gargano is the best thing since sliced bread. 

I don't think many are claiming him to be the best thing since sliced bread, are they? I thought it was more a case of a really well-booked feud that has the fans invested in him. He's definitely a very good wrestler and an excellent babyface. He garners sympathy very well indeed.

29 minutes ago, Loki said:

He's a great face in peril, but a 6 month title reign as someone suggested above?  I think that's pushing it.

What’s a 6 month title reign in NXT? 2 defences at Takeover shows? 

Its only a 1 hour show per week, the champion is usually only on it once or twice a month. 

Eurgh, imagine Killian Dain trying to take the belt off Gargano. Following Takeover Cole would get some great heat taking the belt off him too.

Dain would also have the added story of Young being a jealous supporter, leading to some sort of Batista/HHH style angle  

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Velveteen Dream and Ricochet have been tweeting each other during Velveteens’s “anti-Indy,” angle. I hadn’t thought about it before, but I love the idea of Velveteen putting out an “Indy-Guy,” open challenge for Takeover, only for Ricochet to debut. Imagine the pop he’d get on Mania weekend.