NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I like when they do these small shows away from Full Sail, it's makes them seem more like an actual touring wrestling promotion rather than just a Network show.

Good effort from the British lads this week, hopefully this is leading to a Bate/Dunne rematch at the next Takeover.

• Awards Moderator

Announcement on WWE.com about future NXT Title contenders

Four singles matches, with the winners going to a Fatal Four Way. The winner of that faces Cien in Philadelphia.

Roderick Strong vs. Lars Sullivan

Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole

Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream

Trent Seven vs. Killian Dain

After a first glance and thinking 'hmm', my mind went into fantasy booking overdrive and I realised there could be so many possibilities to spin off from the content of that spoiler tag. I managed to set up the main angles up to the Takeover before WrestleMania in my head, and fill the Philly Takeover card!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
On 30/11/2017 at 7:59 AM, PunkStep said:

If I had somebody new at work and they were openly mocking somebody over their recent sacking from our company on social media, I'd be pretty pissed off with them. Highly unprofessional in my view.

Agreed. In the stupid, high-school-esque world of pro-wrestling, where people have to stick to all these daft rules, a new employee getting in trouble for openly mocking a recently sacked employee on social media is the most normal, reasonable thing imaginable. It’d be the case in any employment. 

It doesn’t help that he seems to be shit, too. They should’ve gotten rid. That was the perfect opportunity and he’d have absolutely deserved it.

Pete Dunne is really really good. He simultaneously should be on the main roster, based on his talent, and yet shouldn’t, because it’ll just ruin him and he’ll become another faceless loser.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Street Profits vs Sabbatelli and Moss tag match. It had more substance than most of the matches those teams have been having at the Full Sail tapings.

Showing matches from what is basically an NXT house show shows how little difference there is between the majority of the NXT live events and something like ROH. The Takeover shows are more of an exception rather than the rule when it comes to crowd size.

On 1 December 2017 at 4:55 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Announcement on WWE.com about future NXT Title contenders

Hide contents

Four singles matches, with the winners going to a Fatal Four Way. The winner of that faces Cien in Philadelphia.

Roderick Strong vs. Lars Sullivan

Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole

Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream

Trent Seven vs. Killian Dain

After a first glance and thinking 'hmm', my mind went into fantasy booking overdrive and I realised there could be so many possibilities to spin off from the content of that spoiler tag. I managed to set up the main angles up to the Takeover before WrestleMania in my head, and fill the Philly Takeover card!

Personally I'd go with Killian Dain, capitalising on his great War Games performance.  He can slap the beer gut off Trent Severn and then be a real threat to Almas only to be thwarted by Rosita.  I'm a big fan of Dain.

Lars is obviously a prospect but I think he needs more work.  Black doesn't really need to be in the title picture.  Cole is teeny tiny and is busy with whatever the ROH faction is up to.  Ohno is doing great in his job of putting over younger guys.  And I think it's a little too early for Dream, he needs some more wins under his belt.

Once again though, NXT impresses with its ability to generate new interesting talent and matches despite a business model that is basically losing all your best stars every April.

15 hours ago, Loki said:

Once again though, NXT impresses with its ability to generate new interesting talent and matches despite a business model that is basically losing all your best stars every April.

Is that really a weakness though? If anything I'd say it's a strength in some ways.

WWE got much more interesting in the 90s by clearing out (whether by choice or not) the likes of Hogan, Macho Man, Hart, etc and allowing fresher talent to step up and take their place such as Triple H, Austin and Rock.

I'd imagine if NXT were a "real" promotion and it kept all it's stars over the years that they too would be struggling with a top heavy talent base who had already faced one another several times (though I would imagine they'd handle it A LOT better).

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, I think NXT's constantly changing roster is one of its biggest advantages - that and their one-hour timeslot meaning nobody's on every week. It's very rare that any act gets stale through overexposure or overstaying their welcome, and there are regular chances to move up the ladder and show what you can do.