NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, AVM said:

Heā€™s already of a really good standard, though- better than most of the people just starting out on NXT TV.

Having to be told which side of the ring to work doesn't tell me he's "of a really good standard". It shows me he's been, no pun intended, rushed to TV.

I don't buy that there was any demand to see him immediately. He might have a smidgen of indie cred, but nobody's tuning into NXT that wouldn't ordinarily be watching because it's the debut of Lio Rush.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Does the average viewer give a damn if Lio Rush mugs for the hard cam or not?Ā 

It's not just about mugging for the hard cam - everything you do in the ring should be directed by the position of the camera, or of the audience. I've been at shows where one or two sides of the ring are up against the wall, so there's no audience sat on those sides, yet wrestlers will still perform moves facing that direction - someone will be in a submission hold, presumably emoting and screaming and crying and all the rest, all to a blank wall. You play to where the audience is, that's how you get them invested in what you're doing. If it's being filmed for TV, "the audience" is hard cam, and you focus everything you do at that camera.

If someone's not consistently able to do that, it suggests that either they're too focused on what they want and on getting their shit in rather than on the audience, that their positioning in general could be way off - which could present bigger problems than just not facing the right camera - or that someone decided to send him out there to work TV without giving him a run-through of where the cameras were in the first place, in which case it's the promotion's fault, not the wrestler's.

Some brilliant things on this weeks show, the Black/Dream segment was compelling, this is officially my favourite thing in WWE now. Black...in doing very little does so much. He has slightly changed his mannerisms towards Dream, nothing you would overtly notice but he just looks that LITTLE bit frustrated and finally looking up in Dream's direction whilst sitting in the ringĀ but after DreamĀ had left the stage was great.

Also, a cracking McIntyre sit down interview, in which by being allowed to actually be himself and tell the true story of how he got back to WWE came across as the most likeable chap going, imagine that.Ā He was sincere, honest and explained the struggle he went through, then Cien's manager interrupted and subtly got under Drew's skin, she is fantastic. I'm buzzing for Drew/Cien.

Aside from that Regal was good again in what he did and Cole's faction looked pathetic, getting fucked up by bloody Sanity for 80% of the match.

• Paid Members

My god I hate Kyle O'Reilly.

Ugly gear, ridiculous slanty rib cage tattoo, and what is that fucking gurn he does all the time about?

Hasn't he got a genuine MMA background? If so, it's even more baffling how he comes across as a bloke pretending to be a pro wrestling character who is pretending to be an MMA guy.

20 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Aside from that Regal was good again in what he did and Cole's faction looked pathetic, getting fucked up by bloody Sanity for 80% of the match.

Look at the difference in Sanity and Cole and his mates, that's exactly how the match should play out.

The Undisputed Era would have a job looking intimidating in front of my lads under 8's footy team, how anyone can really buy them as a threat here is ridiculous.

• Paid Members

I know it's early days, but I've yet to see anything from Adam Cole that would warrant the reaction he got when he debuted at Takeover. Having never seen him before, the way everyone went apeshit was genuinely exciting. So far, I don't see what all the fuss is about and his mates, particularly the one who looks like his loser older brother, are even worse.

Edited by Supremo