NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Great episode.

Lio Rush v Velveteen Dream, Burch v Lars, The Street Profits and especially Gargano v Almas were all great viewing.

I can't get over how quickly Montez Ford has become one of my very favs. Charisma out the wazoo

So what's the story with Lio Rush then? Ive never heard of him before, but they're talking him up like he's a big deal. Is he another Indy WORKRATE~! wanker? Is he a product of the PC? 

Good episode all round with a nice variety in all the matches.  There was a guy on the front row (wearing a grey-ish Tough Enough tshirt) who was hilarious to watch. From his longing look at Peyton Royce to his half arsed clap for Lio Rush, he looked bored out of his mind.

Montez Ford has tiny calves

Indy guy. Good flipper/high flyer and stuff, if that's your thing, and really, really young. Has been in ROH, EVOLVE, CZW, AAW etc. Seen him have some really fun big man/small man battles with Keith Lee. Thought that opening sequence was a hell of a way to introduce himself to a new audience.

• Awards Moderator
57 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

He's famous for having the biggest shitarse spot in wrestling history, no-selling a Batista bomb off a ladder through a table. He legit just jumps back up like nothing happened.

Amazing! Not in a good way, but still, amazing, I want to see that. Rush himself I can give or take at this point, he's tiny even by NXT standards. 

On the plus side, whatever was missing from the Velveteen Dream character has totally clicked into place now. Hurray!

One of my favourite things about Lars Sullivan is that when someone's hitting him, it looks like it hurts them because of how solidly built Lars is.

Good show top to bottom this week. Has Lady-whose-name-I-forgot joined Undisputed Era so they can go up against all 4 of Sanity? Or was the Strong tease last week so Drew can team up with EY and co? Or both perhaps?

(these are rhetorical questions so if they answered them later in the tapings I don't want to know!)

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Well, that's certainly up there with that Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards spot from ROH for sheer stupidity

My favourite thing about it is that immediately after getting straight up from a powerbomb off a ladder through a table, he gets hit with a package piledriver - and still kicks out at 2. Unbelievable.

My fave part of this weeks show was at the start of the Velveteen/Rush match when Dream swung a punch at Rush and he ducked, if he had stood on his tiptoes the punch wouldn't have connected.

Enjoyed Lars/Burch, can't beat two rough bastards just beating the shit out of each other, unfortunetly though Lars has about as much chance as me of making it on the main roster.