NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I couldn't tell you exactly when (though hopefully somebody might have specifics), but I would just pick up an episode from around October (I think) when it was pretty fucking clear that the show was never going to end, and the contest was redundant. You need to be around the time where Titus, D-Young and Derrick Bateman are the final three and there's still the odd mention of a competition, but it gets less and less by the week. Titus and D-Young will have an EARTH SHATTERING FACE OFF approximately every 8 minutes or so, and Johnny Curtis will return weird as fuck to stick his oar in with Bateman's romance with Maxine.

If you really had the nuts for it, start from Episode 1 of NXT Redemption, but I can't in good faith reccommend anything pre-they blatantly don't give a fuck anymore.

Not a surprise but when they replayed part of Cenas promo they'd edited pro wrestler to wwe superstar. NXT is not great Regal makes it watchable. Some of the wrestling is good, the segments are usually dire and saved by Regal.

This week Regal puts over a hammerlock and saves a segment with one word "Lovely".

Dicks out again, it's time for (what feels like) the longest running weekly episodic show on planet earth to kick it in to high gear once again. Let's have a run down of what you'll all be talking about for the next 7 days.

- Regal promised some big surprises for Hawkins and Reks last week, and to say he didn't disappoint this week would be a huge lie. They have to work their way back to the top of the industry, and in the meantime, they'll sweep the fucking ring, thanks very much. Percy Watson took the piss out of them as well. They were having none of that though, and ran in to kick some arse at the end of the Main Event, where Watson snuck past Titus O'Neill. As well as teasing the imminent return of Goldberg with his eyes, William the Gaffer was well narked. Barring convincing either Cena & Rock or Taker & HHH to put their respective differences aside before Wrestlemania, I don't know what can be done to stop them. Hawkins has a "Change" t-shirt. You can't fuck with that.

- Especially when The Usos are back. Actually, bollocks to that because they were divided and conquered by 50% of Choc-Cock. D-Young beat the sort-of over Uso A whilst Uso B was on commentary getting racial stereotypes hurled at him by Regal and Josh. Young's so brilliant, he didn't even need Titus down there with him. NXT is his show.

- For the second week in a row, Johnny Curtis oiled himself up. He's slippy and greasy, you see. That's character development that doesn't get anywhere near Smackdown these days. He beat Yoshi Tatsu too, the thinking being he might be a bit rejuvenated by another crack at Maxine. And the power of the oil.

- Speaking of the screaming slag, Maxine got her arse handed to her by Tamina, to complete the Uso triumvirate invasion. Fuck that though, who cares? In all the Maxine stuff that actually matters, aside from slutting herself to Regal (literally - she wants him on top), she looks as though she may be going back to Team Curtis sooner rather than later. Miffed after last weeks brilliant intervention, some more contrived nonsence lead us to the Mania-quality mixed tag match of Maxine and Curtis vs Baitlyn (I'm claiming that one) on next week's show. Take the piss all you like, you heathens, but almost without fail there's something established for next week's show, every week. I reckon this is the start of a Web Ratings war with some of WWE's other online shows. Don't be surprised if Josh starts giving away the results of clips from Are You Serious on commentary because that's already been taped.

- Mike Perfect seems to have settled on being heel for now, which he showed by kicking hottest babyface on the show Tyson Kidd in the belly. These two didn't appear again after this. Slow build for Summerslam, you'd have to assume.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Everything you just read was a spoiler, it's not even aired over here yet. NXT makes a bloody man of you.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm away next week, which is crushing considering the big match already booked, and Regal's response to Hawkins and Reks both to come. I'm hoping they'll just put NXT on Pause for a week. If they don't, somebody please make sure to keep the word out there.

I'm a huge fan of NXT purely for Tyson Kidd. The guy deserves to be on TV way more but until then i'm happy with him on NXT. He's been great as a face thus far and seems to be getting over. No match this week on NXT but there was a backstage segment with Mcgillicutty in which Kidd ended up kneeing him in the gut leading up to a future match.

• Paid Members
You missed out the best bit, NEWM: Regal saying that he's going to start selling jam.

I liked Regal trying to shill his twin daughters on the Usos, as he is fed up of trying to find t-shirts with three arms for them. So silly.

I've been quietly watching NXT since the beginning, and while I prefer it now they've dumped the challenges, I really hope they mix it up with some new guys after WrestleMania. Preferably firing Titus O'Neil in the post-Mania cull too, as his matches are usually the worst ones every week.

• Paid Members

I presume the competition ends and the winner gets their season six slot as and when NXT gets a US TV deal or launches on the WWE network?

What's the betting the season five winner is the first person eliminated in season six.

You're probably right, but now the WWE Network is delayed, some of those FCW guys surely need calling up sooner than that?

NXT did fuck all for the vast majority of people on it. Wade Barrett definitely benefitted from it, and maybe Daniel Bryan. But Alex Riley might as well have just been introduced as a sidekick for Miz on Raw. Brodus Clay could've just been debuted as a generic fat man bodyguard for Del Rio on Smackdown. Gabriel, Slater, Young and co are all at the same level now as they would've been had they just debuted as nobodies on ECW. Who is there that needs calling up immediately, and why would an NXT series 1-4 style competition be the best avenue to do that anyway? WWE isn't crying out for more lower-card no-marks, so if anyone is called up, it should be because they're a big deal. And if they're a big deal, just introduce them properly like they did Sin Cara or Del Rio instead of making them the 50th NXT jabroni.

Edited by King Pitcos