NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

In FCW he's different though. I remember when Dean Ambrose debuted and Regal couldnt hide his excitment at the promo he cut. Regal did so much to help the audience understand the characters and the angles in FCW. He takes the piss on NXT because none of the heads are bothered, but in FCW he's a top commentator. Better than Booker T, anyway.

Booker T would be brilliant in NXT, actually. He seems to live in his own head a lot of the time when talking about Smackdown. That would suit our lot on the Yellow Team down to the ground. I'm not advocating moving Regal like, but I've never considered just how great he'd be until now.

YES! Somewhere to profess my love for Hawkins and Reks. William Regal is clearly by far the best thing about this show, commentator, now GM, it can't get any better for his career? There is some quality wrestling on here, but Trent Baretta has vanished from NXT recently and its disappointing. People cheering for Tyson Kidd is bizzare, and I even...sort of...maybe like Michael McGuilicutty.

NEWM, you should do a write-up/review like that every week. :thumbsup:

on a side note, I haven't watched Superstars in ages! Anyone watching it? Still good matches etc?

Shit the bed, just noticed my Series Link has been deleted from my Sky+ planner. Just a heads up to get that back in. It won't Series Link again either, so you'll have to do it next week as well.

Tyson Kidd has been very likeable on the last 2 NXT's. Bateman and Curtis are fine performers as well.

What was the deal with Justin Gabriel and Alicia Fox being some psychoanalytic hippie group? That was honestly dreadful! It was on the caliber of skits performed by my after school drama class.

Matt Striker on the other hand did an excellent job passing of the torch. I wouldn't mind seeing him as Raw or SD general manager. He came across as sensitive and vulnerable and I couldn't help but like him when he spoke up for himself.

Well, I'll tune in next week. Hopefully something gets made of the show.

• Paid Members

THIS! There's no outlet for NXT on here. A weekly writeup from NEWM would be just what this forum needs. Change the thread title to "NEWM Official NXT Thread" and we all know where to come next week. There's no real write ups that matter on the internet either because its all just "NXt iS ShITe. Kurt Hawkness beat a blAcK Bloke".

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

I'm still not impressed by Tyler Reks at all. He's got a good physique and an interesting hairstyle, but that's about it. Hawkins I'm not sure about. I think he could be pretty good, but I don't like his look and he seems to struggle to stay in shape.

Edited by Arch Stanton

THIS! There's no outlet for NXT on here. A weekly writeup from NEWM would be just what this forum needs. Change the thread title to "NEWM Official NXT Thread" and we all know where to come next week. There's no real write ups that matter on the internet either because its all just "NXt iS ShITe. Kurt Hawkness beat a blAcK Bloke".

Yeah go on then, I love this shit. Title changed too. My first sighting of black shirt Bossman was in this very thread too. I'm not prepared to confirm or deny rumours that he's going to be Goldberg's first opponent.

• Paid Members

I stopped watching after Cole left - as he was the best thing in WWE during his stint as commentator on NXT - and watched the 100 episode because Cole came back. Regal as GM may get me back into it, always a laugh.

It would be amazing if one episode they got Vince to do commentary again. I imagine there would be a few sackings, on air.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Moderators

NXT - I CAN GET THROUGH THIS!

Regal as overlord of NXT sounds fun. I think he's still a face on there, but the unpredictable and topsy turvy world of NXT can change at any time. For example, who ever saw Young and "W" Titus getting together? Who saw Tyson Kidd becoming a face for the sake of it? Who even knows if Derrick Bateman is a face a heel or what?

Success in NXT means everything, and that's why THE GENESIS OF MCGILLICUTTY has no allegiance to Fan Favourite or Rulebreaker. And you need that kind of ruthlessness to get ahead on WWE's finest brand.

I'm worried that you boys are making it sound better than it is. I have very little time to watch wrestling, what with all my massive accomplishments, so I can't waste a minute on something that turns out to be like WWECW was.

I record the Thursday night/Friday morning 12am episode, but I'm not sure if that's the first showing over here, it might be on before that. It goes online on Thursdays I think. That could be flexible too, to be honest. NXT does what it likes.

EDIT: And Lokes, you have absolutely no idea what you're missing. Fuck something off for it. It could be since TNA got the axe in my planner that I finally sat up and took notice of NXT, I'm not sure. It's a bit like picking up Lost half way through a season. Initially you won't understand all the characters and their motivation. But once you realise that NXT is so class because the characters and their motivations are changeable on the whims of writers that clearly have no idea where they're fucking going, your golden.

Watch it for three weeks, and you'll want to watch the fourth week. You won't know why, but you will. And then you're in.

Edited by NEWM