NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I don't think there's anything in wrestling I look forward to more every week than Enzo Amore and Big Cass' entrance.

Same here, I think it's mad that there are people on here that are so negative about their act. Enzo is the funniest and most charismatic guy to come through their system in forever and Big Cass is always improving. I actually love that their routine is so repetitive, so that the fans are able to pick it up easily and chant along with them. It's all about participation, it's just like the old New Age Outlaws 'Ladies and Gentlemen' schtick. However, Enzo does still change things up every week and add new lines here and there. I love his 'Trashtalker Skywalker' and 'Jordan of Jargon' monikers.

Spectacular vernacular indeed.

I found this week's show a bit of a slog to get through. Still, it was good to see Zayn back in action even though the match didn't do too much for me. I think NXT could do with a date for the next Takeover being announced so that it feels that everything is happening with a purpose in mind. It can feel like Impact since they ditched pay per view sometimes.

• Awards Moderator

I kind of agree, though one of the things I really like about NXT is that every week they give you a reason to watch the following week. I know we're getting Owens vs Riley and the women's triple threat next week so I'm excited to watch. This week I had Zayn vs Rhyno to look forward to, last week the Itami tournament, the week before was Itami vs Breeze 2 out of 3 falls, the week before that was Owens vs Balor, etc. They always announce one big thing for the next episode so you're hooked in week to week.

She shouldn't snap. The Eugene part of her act is pretty much finished now, and Bayley is essentially a female, ugly version of John Cena. None of the human women have ever really drawn any money outside of the wank-mag/DVD type stuff. Perhaps AJ Lee a little bit, but not by any great standard. Bayley could potentially be the Cena for girls -- I wouldn't bet money on it, but if they're keeping her, that's what they should aim for. The storyline should be testing her values, not changing them. Although they did that story with Sami Zayn a few months ago. 

• Awards Moderator

I don't think there's anything in wrestling I look forward to more every week than Enzo Amore and Big Cass' entrance.

Same here, I think it's mad that there are people on here that are so negative about their act. Enzo is the funniest and most charismatic guy to come through their system in forever and Big Cass is always improving. I actually love that their routine is so repetitive, so that the fans are able to pick it up easily and chant along with them. It's all about participation, it's just like the old New Age Outlaws 'Ladies and Gentlemen' schtick. However, Enzo does still change things up every week and add new lines here and there. I love his 'Trashtalker Skywalker' and 'Jordan of Jargon' monikers.

Spectacular vernacular indeed.

It's quite a nice throwback to the Attitude Era, I think. You mentioned the Outlaws, but Road Dogg would do it as a singles guy as well, and I remember Val Venis doing a similar thing - come to the ring, reel off your catchphrases, have your match. It's a handy way to give someone mic time within their match time, if that makes sense. I could see it working with the likes of Bo Dallas, Fandango or Curtis Axel as well.

• Awards Moderator

This week's thoughts in no particular order.

I love me a Rhyno squash match. Gore Gore Gore.

Dana Brooke, still shite.

The women's triple threat match was great. I really like Becky Lynch, Bayley was so much better than she was against Emma the other week, and the ending was really clever - loved Charlotte's expression when she realised that Lynch had won. Becky vs. Sasha Banks should be excellent. I also really liked the fact you could hear people in the audience shouting "come on Bayley!" It wasn't phrased like a chant, it didn't have clap-clap-clapclapclap at the end, they were just genuinely supporting their favourite, which was nice to hear.

Following on from the Enzo/Cass/Carmella chat in the past week, I enjoyed their little backstage segment. There's going to be a turn or double-turn from Carmella come the tag title match with Blake and Murphy, for sure, but I'm excited to find out which it'll be.

Finally, absolutely cracking brawl with Zayn and Owens to close the show. That was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Who was the 'Coming Soon' bloke on this week's episode?

Great build for the main Takeover matches this week. I never really liked Kevin Owens when he was Kevin Steen, but he's utterly compelling on NXT, I was gripped by his Michael Cole interview. The Becky Lynch video package and Sasha Banks promo were both great too. 

Bull Dempsey got squashed by Rhyno, but it's still the best I've ever seen him look.

Dana Brooke continues to be shite.

Great build for the main Takeover matches this week. I never really liked Kevin Owens when he was Kevin Steen, but he's utterly compelling on NXT, I was gripped by his Michael Cole interview. The Becky Lynch video package and Sasha Banks promo were both great too.

Bull Dempsey got squashed by Rhyno, but it's still the best I've ever seen him look.

Uhaa Nation?

Uhaa Nation?

Yep it is indeed Uhaa, first time I've heard him speak, quite soft spoken for the size of him, was expecting a deeper voice

If Zayn doesn't make it to Takeover after doing his shoulder in on RAW (rumours the other day had him out for 2 months), what do we reckon they'll do about the title match. Obviously everything upto it is already taped, but maybe have the winner of the triple threat match between Itami, Balor & Breeze get the shot the same night.

If they have Breeze sneak a win in that, it'll give them something slightly different even if it's only for the one time in Breeze v Owens