NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Wow. I care about something Alex Riley is involved in. Amazing.

Did you see his face turn against Miz years ago? That was also well worked, the crowd were super hot for Riley when he finally snapped. Shame it didn't/couldn't go anywhere significant.

Hoping Riley gets a good showing and isn't just being built up for Owens to kill. Regal making Riley work for his shot at Owens is a great touch.

Agreed! Was quite an old school touch and it worked well. Riley looked and sounded better than he ever has.

Owens will still kill him though!

• Paid Members
Did you see his face turn against Miz years ago? That was also well worked, the crowd were super hot for Riley when he finally snapped. Shame it didn't/couldn't go anywhere significant.

They fucked that up royally by having Riley just win the first match. If Miz would have had to cheat to beat him the first time it would have still elevated Riley to a better position than before the match - Miz still having a bit of rub to give, having just come off a WrestleMania main event and title reign - then it would have been a big moment when Riley won the rematch. They'd have been able to use Miz' brief time in the light to make a new babyface star, but they fucked it because they had no patience.

Reminiscent of when they got it the wrong way round the winter before with Kofi pinning Randy Orton to win the Survivors match then getting twatted back down to the midcard in the actual singles match, for that matter.

Miz beating Riley in their first match would've helped Miz as well, as he'd just come off the back of looking like Cena's bitch. The big thing Miz has lacked is a strong, great singles feud. He's had a couple of decent feuds and mini-feuds (Bryan, Morrison, the 2009 Cena one that set him on the road to stardom) but Riley vs Miz could've been a good one. If Miz had won the first one and then Riley won a gimmick match at SummerSlam, they would've both looked great. And by extension, with Miz looking less of a chump, it would've helped the whole Punk/HHH/Cena/Del Rio autumn storyline that Awesome Truth were involved in, and Rock's return at Survivor Series.

• Paid Members

And by extension, with Miz looking less of a chump, it would've helped the whole Punk/HHH/Cena/Del Rio autumn storyline that Awesome Truth were involved in, and Rock's return at Survivor Series.

I'm still gobsmacked that for that whole storyline were Awesome Truth were meant to be presented as a force, that the tag straps remained on Evan Bourne and Kofi fucking Kingston. I know Cena & Rocky would have slapped them around like the Beverly Brothers anyway, but still....

That didn't bother me. Rock and Cena couldn't win the titles, and weren't going to lose the match, so they had to keep the tag belts away from Miz and Truth. Personally I'd have gone with them vs Air Boom at WrestleMania the following year, but if I'd had that planned, I'd have had to abandon it when half of each time was done for drugs.

Didn't think much to Solomon Crowe at all. I'd heard a lot about the hacker gimmick before he got injured and there were a couple of clips on youtube which made me intrigued, but since starting on TV there doesn't seem to be much to it. His music doesn't fit that sort of character (and is shit) and he comes out in a shit Jericho style leather jacket. Obviously it's too early to write him off completely as this was only his first match, but this didn't do anything for me. And that move he did for the finish looked shit too

Crowd have taking to chanting "better than Reigns" rather than Batista. What a fickle bunch

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Yeah I aint into Crowe at all, NXT needs to concentrate on the likes of Balor, Zayn, Owens, Neville, the women there and the young athletes they have there like Dawkins, Jordan, Gable, Sawyer etc, what happened to the stable they were doing with Jordan, Gable etc, could see a new version of The Varsity Club going down well in NXT.

• Paid Members

I said ages ago on here that Riley reminds me of Rocky Maivia in the way he moves around the ring and is pure bubbling with potential.

His work lately is a far cry from vindication for that comment, but it's a start.

Personally, I think the chap has something special.

Crowe is actually the first guy that I've heard a lot about pre-NXT only for him to disappoint heavily during his NXT time, so far anyway.

All the other guys that I've been excited about have lived up to expectations.

Has anyone seen any of his pre-NXT work? What was the buzz all about? I know he's taken ages to debut, but is that because he's actually shit or he got lost in the pack behind all the other guys they've had recently?

He's had some minor knee injuries which have delayed his NXT debut. He used to wrestle on the indies as Sami Callihan if you want to youtube his stuff. Probably most known for his stuff in CZW, but he has worked for ROH, Dragon Gate USA, Evole as well as a bunch of others

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I like his look (sans the horrible tan) and music, but he's shit. His headbutt thing, which looks OK as a signature move of his should not be his finisher at all.