Any Event's In Southampton?

seanz25

• Paid Members

Don't know for sure as I'm not round that way any more, but All Star usually do the Guildhall a couple of times a year. If you see anyone running at the Chamberlayne Leisure Centre, avoid it.

• Paid Members

Really? That's quite surprising, it was always pretty full when I was at uni. But then again, Chris Hatch told me they used to fill up the balcony a few years before.

EDIT: Only one in the events thread is this, but like I said earlier, don't bother. The one show I went to there (which, I might add, meant walking from my halls next to Hoglands Park, across the Itchen Bridge, and a further mile after that) was unbelievably bad. Glamour was probably the worst wrestler on the card and they've got him on the fucking poster for this. That show also featured Aphrodite vs some woman who didn't appear to have had a training session in her life and brought her pre-school-aged son into the ring to swear at Aphrodite on the mic. Rotten.

Cheers guys - thought I was missing something and just couldn't find shows. Apparently its not just me. Living in the Park Gate/Locks Heath area there's nothing this end which is a shame.

Farnham hall do shows all of whick suck ass and I cant remember the last time someone ran the guildhall. I heard it costs 1 and a half grand to rent which is probably why.

Yeah the guildhall has apparently become very expensive. the aforementioned promotion I have heard is a little low key. But if your not fussy then I would go. I'm actually considering popping along as I will be at a loose end this weekend. Apart from that I would suggest looking bournemouth way.

Premier runs shows every 2-3 months and a block in the summer of weekly shows (at least they have been, this summer has yet to be announced) you always get at least 1 good match and normally everything is very entertaining. More and more often as well there putting on at least one excellent match as well.

There is also Fightstar who have been running ferndown and put on entertaining shows with a great variety of matches and angles.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah the guildhall has apparently become very expensive. the aforementioned promotion I have heard is a little low key. But if your not fussy then I would go. I'm actually considering popping along as I will be at a loose end this weekend. Apart from that I would suggest looking bournemouth way.

Premier runs shows every 2-3 months and a block in the summer of weekly shows (at least they have been, this summer has yet to be announced) you always get at least 1 good match and normally everything is very entertaining. More and more often as well there putting on at least one excellent match as well.

There is also Fightstar who have been running ferndown and put on entertaining shows with a great variety of matches and angles.

Thanks for this,

Problem with Bournemouth is it's still a 40-50 minute drive down there. It's a shame we don't have a good promotion down here like FCP, IPW ETC. Who bring down some big American talent. Oh well guess I can only hope,

Bournemouth's easier by train, in my experience. About half an hour from Southampton Central.

That's true - but where I live I'd need to leave from swannick station which would be just about the same time.

Just to Let you know, That Fightstar Sports Entertainment will be returning to the Barrington Theatre in Ferndown and have a date set for Saturday 8th September 2012.

We know its a long way off, and Ferndown is a bit of a way to travel for you seanz25 but if you have a group of friends who don't mind traveling then I would definatly recommend coming along and joining the fun, as It would be worth your travelling time as the tickets are only

Archived