Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
COD bump? WTF this madness continues someone will die, or end up not being able to move.

This one?

ibuo39L9EHzhGC.gif

Yeah, the lad doing the move is dead now. Crashed his bike, IIRC.

EDIT - attempting the move I should have said. In fairness, even both standing in the ring, the Cash Flow was a stupid, contrived, business-exposing move anyway.

Edited by air_raid

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
COD bump? WTF this madness continues someone will die, or end up not being able to move.

This one?

It's hard to tell from his crap post but I think he might be referring to the bump resulting in the win in the main event of Cage Of Death at the weekend:-

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

8. Main Event inside the Cage of Death: Matt Tremont defeated D.J. Hyde after hitting a Death Valley Driver off the top of the cage thru 3 panes of glass and the wooden structure that was set up on the outside.

- The cage had 4 sides that were wrapped in barbed wire, with 2 panes of glass also on each side. On the outside was the said 3 levels of glass and wooden structure, chairs set up with a barbed wire board and a pane of glass on top of it and a platform adjacent to the ring and barricade.

- Hyde was stretchered out after the match.

• Paid Members
Yes i was talking about the one mentioned about 3 posts above mine.

Or to put it another way, 5.

Watching the clip : what a pair of fucking idiots. It chills my bones to make me think there might be young wrestlers trying to get their foot in the CZW door, or midcarders hoping to "work their way up" to the main event so they can seriously risk their health and the health of those they're "wrestling" by attempting stunts like that.

Am I in the 98%?

I even added the top youtube comment after it.

Which if I know Youtube like I think I do, will be "thumbs up if Greys Anatomy brought you here!" or similar.

• 4 weeks later...

codtitle.png

CZW Cage of Death 14

I'm slightly behind the time with this review, I know. Wanting to see this show was actually an encouraging factor in me finally buying myself a computer. Without any further rambling then, lets have as look at some of the more hardcore action from CZW's new home, the Flyers Skate Zone in Vorhees, New Jersey on the 8th of December 2012. One thing I will ask, is that you please excuse the blurry nature of some of these shots. These are screen shots taken from the stream feed from HybridENT, so if the picture quality is lower than in some of the reviews I've put together directly from DVDs, you know who / what to blame! Let's crack on.

cod1.jpg

Larry Legend was sporting the colours in typically eccentric fashion at the Cage of Death

CZW Tag Team Titles

4 Loco (Alex Colon, Azreal & Bandido Jr.) w/ Chrissy Rivera

Edited by Richie Freebird

CZW Tournament of Death XI

Jesus Christ! That's all I can really say from the event. Abdullah Kobayashi Vs Masada was absolutely brutal and I couldn't believe the shit they were doing to each other. When Masada picked up a piece of smashed glass and cut open Kobayashi's skull with it I was lost for words. Masada is great, he reminds me of Opey from Sons of Anarchy aswell which is always a good thing.

The Drunken Scaffold match was great aswell. I thought it was pretty good throughout and have no idea how they didn't knock the bottle of jager over on the top of that scaffold.

All bouts were decent and pretty violent but I couldn't help but feel disapointed with the finale. The STF from Masada to Drake Younger with a chair did look brutal but it just felt abit flat to end the tournament. I know the two were in bad shape from the previous rounds; Drakes head was bleeding shit loads and Masada cut his arm badly on the glass against Abdullah Kobayashi but I was hoping for abit more.

Great event. I really recommend it to anyone who likes CZW.

Jesus Christ! That's all I can really say from the event. Abdullah Kobayashi Vs Masada was absolutely brutal and I couldn't believe the shit they were doing to each other. When Masada picked up a piece of smashed glass and cut open Kobayashi's skull with it I was lost for words. Masada is great, he reminds me of Opey from Sons of Anarchy aswell which is always a good thing.

For sure, that was a crazy, crazy match. Masada's jumping forearm through the pane of glass which was resting on Kobayashi was a really memorable moment. You could tell he seriously fucked his arm up for the final with that move though. I'll bet we don't see him do that too many times again in the future!

All bouts were decent and pretty violent but I couldn't help but feel disapointed with the finale. The STF from Masada to Drake Younger with a chair did look brutal but it just felt abit flat to end the tournament.

There were others in here who weren't fans of that finish too. I must have been in a severe minority of folk who actually enjoyed it. It did feel abrupt, but for me that almost added another layer of shock value to it. It caused almost a mixture of shock and mild confusion in a way, but I enjoyed it. I thought it was a pretty realistic way to drop the curtain on the tournament. Plus, we got the super cool beatdown of DJ Hyde after the bell, so the crowd went away on somewhat of a high (other than fearing for DJ's health when Larry Legend told them that Deej needed to be rushed to hospital and for no one to move their cars!).

nice to have you back Richie, this thread disappeared without you.

Thank you sir. Once I get through Cage of Death, I indent to do this year's IWA East Coast - Masters of Pain tournament, and CZW are holding an event again this Saturday which will no doubt hold at least one or two deathmatches, so there should hopefully be plenty to look forward to in here during the coming days and weeks.

YAY! Richie has finally come home!

What the hell is this Aerial Assault box you mentioned? Is it literally just a big platform at the side of the ring?

That's what I remember it being. There was a big multi-man aerial assault match from the mid-late 00s which had the same thing. Some crazy stuff from it.

YAY! Richie has finally come home!

What the hell is this Aerial Assault box you mentioned? Is it literally just a big platform at the side of the ring?

First of all, thank you! The Ariel Assault box is the thing that Azrael is perched upon here -

AAbox.png

I don't know if that's its official name. I just know that it's a kind of cubic platform which is added to the height of the turnbuckle and its use is usually confined to CZW's Ariel Assault PPVs, so I thought that would be the most accurate way of describing it. Some of the weapons and moves that happen in this style of wrestling would be almost impossible to convey in reviews without the aid of pictures! :)

Edit -

That's what I remember it being. There was a big multi-man aerial assault match from the mid-late 00s which had the same thing. Some crazy stuff from it.

Yep, the Doc is right. I don't know exactly how many times that match stipulation has been used but there was certainly an entire event named after it in 2012. It's worth looking that show up just to see Mia Yim's astonishing display of toughness in her show stealing TLC match with Greg Excellent.

Edited by Richie Freebird

Do they run any kind of story lines now?

Yeah, there are always feuds and angles on the go. Mainly basic stuff that doesn't require a hell of a commitment to keep up with. Smaller factions come and go too. The Matt Tremont and DJ Hyde feud (which had it's payoff bout at Cage of Death and will be reviewed soon) ran for over a year and gave us some really memorable and brutal matches in the process. I'd particularly recommend seeing their bout from last year's Tangled Web PPV. That match might just be my favourite deathmatch ever, there's blood and guts galore!