Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
What's happened with Mondo? Last I heard, he was trying to be director or something and trying to downplay his past in wrestling. He seemed quite embarassed to be involved in all those deathmatches.

He made an independant movie starring himself and Mr Anderson called Fighting The Still Life. It was aired at the ECW Arena and apparently it was complete shit. I think the trailer is probably still on YouTube.

God knows what he's up to now.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know what the pay was like for this stuff in Japan in its FMW heyday? Does Foley mention what he got paid for doing that stuff? The crowds they got were pretty fantastic so I would imagine the payouts would have reflected that to a certain extent.

IIRC, Foley was quite critical (and rightly so) of his payday for the King of the Deathmatch tournament in 1995. In that one night, he wrestled three matches in which he was thrown into barbed wire, blown up and had thumbtacks embedded into his face and neck. He was paid either $300 or $500 (I forget which) for all that.

That was just one night though. I'd imagine his payoff's for FMW were a lot better than that.

$300 for KOTDM tournament according to Have a nice day (Plus a can of coke as a bonus)

• Paid Members
What's happened with Mondo? Last I heard, he was trying to be director or something and trying to downplay his past in wrestling. He seemed quite embarassed to be involved in all those deathmatches.

He made an independant movie starring himself and Mr Anderson called Fighting The Still Life. It was aired at the ECW Arena and apparently it was complete shit. I think the trailer is probably still on YouTube.

God knows what he's up to now.

Did he not just re-join Limp Bizkit?

That film had Mr Anderson in as well trailer

Edited by Deaq

• Paid Members
Does anybody know what the pay was like for this stuff in Japan in its FMW heyday? Does Foley mention what he got paid for doing that stuff? The crowds they got were pretty fantastic so I would imagine the payouts would have reflected that to a certain extent.

IIRC, Foley was quite critical (and rightly so) of his payday for the King of the Deathmatch tournament in 1995. In that one night, he wrestled three matches in which he was thrown into barbed wire, blown up and had thumbtacks embedded into his face and neck. He was paid either $300 or $500 (I forget which) for all that.

That was just one night though. I'd imagine his payoff's for FMW were a lot better than that.

$300 for KOTDM tournament according to Have a nice day (Plus a can of coke as a bonus)

I thought he said in the book that the money never turned up. My memory is shot to hell.

• Paid Members

Ritchie give us another full review of a deathmatch card like the first one in the thread, it was a fun read. more pics this time though.

I'm getting a sick fascination of this stuff, I've seen some rough spots in my time but I had no idea guys were going so sick on it now.

I really can't take the kenzan spots, I have to look from between my fingers like a kid watching a horror movie!

Probably the worst spot I saw was a dude taking a bump into a shopping trolley full of upright lighttubes and one cut him really badly. I think it was in a battle royale of trainees, that was a hilarious match.

• Paid Members

I watched this video due to wanting to see a bit more Abdullah Kobayashi Abdullah Kobayashi VS Masashi Takeda (Highlights) And I've got to say Abdullah really does just look like a fucking downs syndrome Uncle Fester.

Also one thing I hate in deathmatches is guys constantly setting themselves up for spots with no defence, it happens dozens of times in that short video I know the guys are letting each other do this to them but when they're just standing there waiting for a bunch of lighttubes in the head with no blocking or movement it just makes them look like they're having a gay extreme BDSM session.

Ritchie give us another full review of a deathmatch card like the first one in the thread, it was a fun read. more pics this time though.

Working on one right now my friend. I'll include a good few pics if possible. Sit tight ;)

Edit - this review is going to contan pictures not for weak stomachs. If you do not like extreme gore, please do not read on...

Hah.. wow. I remember seeing that kid in the crowd.

And now it's him getting beat up on the Tournament of Death sohws! Though not quite to the level of his namesake. They've toned it down somewhat, since Nicky's day.

Edited by Richie Freebird

Good write-ups Richie, I was going to initialise your username but it turns out to be RF which is very unfortunate, especially on a wrestling forum. Anyhoo, if you don't like Kenzans then you won't like gusset plate deathmatches:

292tgyb.png

2ni5x21.png

zm183d.png

54zltz.png

15rgwg0.png