Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

Am partial to the occassional death match myself, if I'm honest.

Bought all CZW Tournaments of Death last year and a DVD of all Thumbtack Jack's matches in the US.

Thumbtack Jack getting syringes stuck through his cheeks made me cringe, as did Brain Damage running an electric knife over John Moxley's head. Nick Gage's infamous injury looked gruesome but he then acted like such a total cunt to the people trying to help him that any sympathy I may have had for him quickly diminished.

Abdullah Kobayashi getting the Kenzan's pulled out of his skull has to be THE most horrific thing I have ever seen though - the fact he laughed after they had been yanked out was perhaps even more disturbing.

Seriously, if you are squeamish, do NOT watch this - http://youtu.be/IbXcFPhfEsY

Funniest moment was in a German Death Match between Toby Klein and Thumbtack Jack where Jack tried to make Klein submit by tying him to a chair next to a giant speaker and playing David Hasselhoff songs through it. Very funny.

A few other sickening moments - Thumbtack Jack sticks a syringe in the bottom of JC Bailey's [RIP] bare foot. Ouch!

Masada ramming skewers into Ryuji Ito's head -

...and, of course, Wifebeater slicing up Nick Mondo's stomach with the weed-whacker [garden strimmer] -

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zandig powerbombing Nick Mondo of the roof through the stack of tables which resulted in a severely punctured back/lung at TOD 2 that pretty much ended his career was insane. Still cringe when i see that now.

Cage of Death 2009 with Nick Gage vs. Thumbtack Jack, Gage bleeds buckets after being sliced with barbed wire goes wrong. Everytime he hits the mat theres just a huge pool of blood.

Carnage Cup last year some guy got stabbed in the arm. I've seen the footage. Completely no need for it.

Was it the TOD 4 finals where Nick Gage gets set on fire for a few seconds

TOD 5 Toby Klein rips out Brain Damage's eyebrow piercing with scissors. That makes me wince as well

• Moderators
Zandig powerbombing Nick Mondo of the roof through the stack of tables which resulted in a severely punctured back/lung at TOD 2 that pretty much ended his career was insane. Still cringe when i see that now.

The craziest shit about that was that it was teh semi final and he still went on to fight in the final. Mental.

• Paid Members
Seriously, if you are squeamish, do NOT watch this - http://youtu.be/IbXcFPhfEsY

AAAAAARRRGH!!!!

That is so grim, I thought it was rough when I saw the photo but I didn't realised they'd been fucking hammered into his head with a chair.

Deathmatches are rough, no doubt about it, having said that though I'd rather take these spots than be punched & elbowed in the face 10 times by an MMA fighter.

True dat, as grim as it looks scars heal, so as much thumtacks and barbed wire get pushed into peoples heads, it's not doing the same damage as chair shots to the head or repeated back bumps on hard surfaces. It just looks alot more gruesome.

Edited by Kiffy

Was it the TOD 4 finals where Nick Gage gets set on fire for a few seconds

Zandig and Mondo's bump - fucking INSANE!! http://youtu.be/_GCfJgRN4Fc

Nick Gage on fire.

Also.....

Brain Damage runs an electric carving knife across Jon Moxley's forehead about 50 seconds in.

Brain Damage squirts blood from his head all over the cameraman - http://youtu.be/EFcrSUljDGY

On average, what do these guys get paid for doing matches like this? What's the going rate for a deathmatch?

Fuck all really. I'm sure I remember hearing Trent Acid before he died was on like $25-$50 a match or something like that. And didn't Ian Rotten end up working at Taco Bell last year?

Remarkable some of the stuff they do. Sometimes its a good watch but other times they really push the boat out.

• Paid Members
On average, what do these guys get paid for doing matches like this? What's the going rate for a deathmatch?

Fuck all really. I'm sure I remember hearing Trent Acid before he died was on like $25-$50 a match or something like that. And didn't Ian Rotten end up working at Taco Bell last year?

Then why do they do it? I'm not having any of this nonsense about 'for the passion'. I don't doubt there are one or two guys around that are mental like that, but how do they afford the medical bills?

I genuinely do not understand how or why they do this stuff. I really don't. If they were getting even maybe TNA wages, I would understand it more. But for a couple of hundred people in a field in the middle of nowhere for $50 a pop? I'm not getting it. But I am intrigued by why they do it.

• Moderators

Are they getting blood tested as well? If I was a wrestler I'd go nowhere near something like that unless I'd seen and been satisfied with the blood work of everyone I'll be involved with.

Edited by PowerButchi