New Jack knocks out Brian Knobbs

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Knobbs did have a point though. Jack can't work for shit.

He's popped crowds and been constantly booked for 18 years with the same routine that mainly involves other people taking the bumps. He can work.

Being over and being able to work are two different things.

That couldn't be more wrong, the main way to get over is knowing how to work/work the crowd. Hogan's arguably the greatest worker in the history of the business.

He's popped crowds and been constantly booked for 18 years with the same routine that mainly involves other people taking the bumps. He can work.

That couldn't be more wrong, the main way to get over is knowing how to work/work the crowd. Hogan's arguably the greatest worker in the history of the business.

I could hit someone in the nuts with a vacuum cleaner and get a reaction from an audience, doesn't mean I'm a great worker.

Hogan, however, IS a great worker.

New Jack has made a living going around doing a pretty basic act for years, based off the fact that he did the same act (but much better) during a hot streak for wrestling and he got super over with it. He's like Abdullah The Butcher, but on a low-rent, far less famous level. He's probably made a decent living for an Indie wrestler with no Big Two exposure.

Obviously Knobbs was far more successful, with decent runs in the Big Two.

Still, Brian Knobbs is a complete prick, so this is something of a feel-good story. In fairness, New Jack was always a bit of a cunt as well, so even if it were the other way around it would still be pretty funny.

If he could work, he wouldnt be going around stapling people.

Who cares?

Most wrestling fans, probably.

Nah.

I'm surprised. I thought you only liked shit indy wrestlers? Or have too many people heard of New Jack for this to be of interest to you?

Nah.

Nah.

I'm surprised. I thought you only liked shit indy wrestlers? Or have too many people heard of New Jack for this to be of interest to you?

He's never wrestled Tel-Aviv Championship Wrestling, that's the problem.

But he did work with Pro Wrestling Gaza a few years back...

• Paid Members

I disagree.

New Jack got over because, at a time where WWE's headliners were "Two (white) Dudes With Attitudes" and WCW's were the same (orange) guys who'd been headlining forever, he was an angry black man straight out of a movie, who only fought in mental brawls. Come to think of it, wasn't New Jack's whole appeal that he was a street thug who COULDN'T work so just beat the shit out of people instead?

I'm not going to deny that New Jack did have a lot of charisma and really excelled in the role but I think his success says a lot more about Paul Heyman's knack of hiding people's weaknesses and making them look better than they are, than it does about New Jack's in ring ability.

The Hogan comparison is a bit backwards as well. I agree Hogan is the best worker in the history of the business but, while he managed to keep people interested no matter how little he did in the ring, New Jack had to jump off shit and use/take stiff weapon shots every match in order to stay over. When he couldn't do that anymore (in his short lived run in TNA, for example) he had absolutely nothing else.

Edit: Ridiculously bad grammar.

I could hit someone in the nuts with a vacuum cleaner and get a reaction from an audience, doesn't mean I'm a great worker.

No. You couldn't. Nobody would be interested in seeing you doing anything in a wrestling ring.

New Jack is utter shit, but he has a gimmick which gets people into a building to watch him hit people with things and cut people. To that extent, he knows how to work.

• Paid Members

Go on then, let's see how many people book you or buy a ticket to see you

I'd probably be able to draw about as many as New Jack did in this clip.

Oh, and look at how he repeatedly stabs the guy - what a worker!

I'd probably be able to draw about as many as New Jack did in this clip.

Oh, and look at how he repeatedly stabs the guy - what a worker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgYC-XvBSMg...feature=related

This one on the same Youtube list made me vomit, not sure if its a work but with New Jack you never know.

Archived