New Jack knocks out Brian Knobbs

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members

Anyone seen Knobs in the 91 Rumble? The bloke could move. Age and cake catches up to all of us. The Nasty Boys only got the reputation of being shit workers because they pretty much retired in 1996, and never really did anything since. In their prime, they were decent brawlers for their time. Knobs had a run of decent matches in 1999 when he came back as well. He had some good matches with Bam Bam, Sandman, Finlay and Scremin' Norm.

It all catches up to you though. Especially in that old WWF ring, where it pretty much owns you.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I much prefer Knobbs to that moronic thug New Jack.

The thing I don't like here is the kick to the head. I've worked on the doors for years and i've seen this many a time, and to me its just a vile, disgusting and cowardly act of violence. And the affect i've seen it have on the victim, I genuinely believe that a kick to the head like that should be regarded as attempted murder. As extreme as that may sound. Its why I hate the Orton 'punt to the head' gimmick.

Depends. If you're being attacked my multiple opponents, a kick to the head is a good way of keeping someone down. In this situation, a one-on-one and not a serious fight either, it's utterly uncalled for, as you say.

It's only valid if you can point to a decent Knobbs match.

Nasty Boys vs Cactus Jack & Max Payne

I actually find the much-lauded Spring Stampede match to be vastly overrated (or at least, hasn't held up very well at all), but I really enjoyed the precursor to it at Superbrawl. It had it all; the Nasties being nasty, cactus splatting onto concrete, Payne throwing guys around like ragdolls and looking the best he ever did, and Knobbs getting fucked up for being a dick.

Not that it was their only other ones, but they had a couple of decent matches v the Rockers too off the top of my head, in MSG and the Albert Hall.

The Nasties might not have a huge portfolio of 5* matches, but they were convincing in the gimmick and were good heels imo. Loud, obnoxious and with a distinctive look and fitting music, they were a couple of pricks who fans wanted to see get their asses kicked. They could be rough & tough, and they could be chickenshits. They were definitely underrated imo. They were actually pretty perfect in their usual role during the 90s until some clowns, both in WWF and WCW, decided to turn them face (and in WCW's case, figured that we wanted to see them for 20 min nutes at a time)

• Moderators

War Games 94 wasn't bad at all for a bloodless one as well. The Stud Stable had an awesome team in that, but The Nastys carried their weight.

Knobbs and New Jack are both known as brawlers obv, but Knobbs is better.

Ric Flair, in his book, claimed he give Knobbs a beating in a Nightclub when they were both in the WWF in the early 90s. Knobbs was being a bit of a cunt to a mate of Flairs. Also the famous Shamrock stories involving Knobbs.

Knobbs, who comes over exciteable in interviews, just seems to not be able to stop himself getting on peoples tits.

• Paid Members

He seems like a fat, not cool scott hall, with no friends.

Aye, he had a few good matches in 91 because of who he was wrestling. In reality, Knobbs is about as useful as an empty bag of crisps, in a puddle, in Sunderland.

New Jack is a dirty crack head, but he is cooler because lets face it, he was a black bounty hunter who wears orange and black camo. Still an incredible piece shite though.

You know how, since the internet was born, millions of people have typed phrases along the lines of "I just choked on my drink" and so forth when somebody says something funny? And how, every single one of those times, it's a dirty fucking lie?

But by the same token, Kharma is a fat black bitch, and the way Knobs left Shamrock's face in an unrecognisable state back in the early 90s after the Nasties smacked him with a phone and beat him up as he was out cold probably meant he had this one coming.

Astounding. And yes, temporarily, for about a second, I spluttered laughing and coughed a bit because I was drinking too. It won't get noms in the Post of the Year, but it's one of the best throwaway lines I've ever read on here.

• Paid Members

Nah.

I'm surprised. I thought you only liked shit indy wrestlers? Or have too many people heard of New Jack for this to be of interest to you?

He's never wrestled Tel-Aviv Championship Wrestling, that's the problem.

Archived