Strikeforce - Tate vs. Rousey * 3/3/2012

Egg Shen

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UG reported on it:

Amazingly, Miesha Tate didn't suffer any broken bones in her left arm following Saturday night's gruesome loss via armbar to Ronda Rousey.

"I had X-Rays last night," Tate told MMAFighting.com via text message. "No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further."

Tate, the now former Strikeforce bantamweight champion, wouldn't elaborate on when she'll find out what kind of shape her arm is in and when she'll back to 100 percent. According to a Strikeforce official Saturday night, the early thought was that she had at least damaged ligaments in her arm.

• Paid Members

Good to hear it wasn't a break. You never wanna see it go that far. I'm no doctor but like Rey said it does look more like a disclocation in that pic. Whatever the case, at least it seems there's not some real long term damage done.

• Paid Members

So I gave this a watch mainly because I think it was the first fight that Rousey had since Magnum Milano told me it was her in his avatar (I thought it was Michelle Beadle, for some reason) and I actually quite enjoyed it. The ending was just ouch, though. I'm not sure if I enjoyed it because they are both lookers or whether it was because it was good, but it maybe a bit of both.

Also, a bit of trivia - I added Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate to the Freeones database last month. Someone likes their MMA babes over there.

• Paid Members
The ending was just ouch, though. I'm not sure if I enjoyed it because they are both lookers or whether it was because it was good, but it maybe a bit of both.

Yeah I suppose there is a bit of that. Then again I also really enjoyed the Sarah Kaufman vs Alexis Davis fight from the same night and Kaufman looks like this bloke with a wig on

ross-pearson-299218784.jpg

sarah_kaufman1_crop_340x234.jpg

Is it just me or is that the same face?

On a more serious note, Brandon Saling is gone from Strikeforce as expected. He was the one Roger Bowling beat who had Nazi tattoos and is also a registered sex offender having allegedly raped a 13 year old girl.

Here's Dana White on the subject

"Apparently what this guy did is he lied on his application to the athletic commission in Ohio and he lied on his application to the athletic commission in New Jersey. So to the best of my understanding, obviously this guy is never going to fight for us ever again, and me might not ever fight again. I know he has been suspended by both states and then all these other commissions follow a suspension from other states. And for this guy to ever get licensed again he'd have to go for a hearing for the athletic commissions. I find it hard to believe that this guy will ever be licensed again so he better go find another job."

It's a bit embarrassing for Zuffa and the Ohio athletic commission that this scumbag slipped through the net and got on the card at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
This show is on Eurosport. Now!

Fuck! What Eurosport channel was it? Hope it's shown again.

It was on Eurosport HD from 9pm until 10:30pm in the usual 'Fight Club' spot. It's repeated on Saturday night, titled "MMA Strikeforce" in the EPG.

• Paid Members

It was on Eurosport HD from 9pm until 10:30pm in the usual 'Fight Club' spot. It's repeated on Saturday night, titled "MMA Strikeforce" in the EPG.

They also had the Fedor v Monson show on not that long ago.

Thanks. Sadly I don't have HD :(.

Archived