BritWres-Fest 2012 - Sunday April 1st. SEVENTH MATCH ANNOUNCED

Dunny

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

First match (El Ligero vs. Nathan Cruz vs. Rampage Brown) is up now.

I've just given it a watch and really liked it. It's nothing spectacular or deeply-involved, but it is full of really crisp and free-flowing action, and works perfectly as an introduction to British wrestling if you haven't seen before since all 3 men have very different, instantly definable characters.

It's really well produced, with the footage looking legitimately fantastic and, while I am only basing on this 10-minute match so far, the commentary (Greg Lambert and Oliver-someone) is among the best I've heard on a UK product. Confident, knowledgeable and educational, it seems to work really well.

I'll keep an eye out for the other matches, but thumbs up so far. I've often said that I recognise the place for FWA/BritWresFest/etc at the moment is as a 'demo tape' for British wrestling and British wrestlers, and from what I've seen so far this 'BritWresFest' seems to come across as possibly the best example of that out into action.

So where is it? There's a teaser on youtube and it even says go to wrestlecentral.tv to see the full match for free..... Yet in free videos it's not listed at all. In fact the freevideos section is just a random assortment of wrestling vids taken from youtube.

It's really well produced, with the footage looking legitimately fantastic and, while I am only basing on this 10-minute match so far, the commentary (Greg Lambert and Oliver-someone) is among the best I've heard on a UK product. Confident, knowledgeable and educational, it seems to work really well.

I thought Oliver Bennett tried to call too much, but yeah besides that it was pretty good. They seemed to go on about Rampage using the One Night Stand a lot, even though I'm sure it was a Falcon Arrow that he did.

The venue and lighting looked fantastic, top marks for that. Camera work seemed good, although all three guys seemed to get the same entrance style (camera shot behind, and then switch to one in front). Seemed like a very healthy crowd size too, was there ever an official number on that? The match was decent, but I hate three ways for the most part and almost guarantee that any two of the wrestlers in that match would have had a better match in a one on one setting, rather than being crammed into a multi-man setting. Not seen much of Rampage recently, but he's always very good, and Ligero is well up there in terms of the top UK talent too.

Archived