BritWres-Fest 2012 - Sunday April 1st. SEVENTH MATCH ANNOUNCED

Dunny

• Paid Members

Honestly, was there any reason for you to go to the show at all? All you've done is bitch and moan about nearly everything, its almost like you were expecting it to be WrestleMania 17.

From all reports and stuff I've heard from this show it sounds like it went really well, its a professional set up and it showcased a bucket load of promotions that I hope they followed up with by giving out information on the companies in case people want to see more. British Wrestling can only grow from these showcases surely?

But really jonny, was there any reason for you to be there? You obviously have this idea you can either do better or book better but this sounded stellar and its more like you're just one of those people that has to complain about everything because that's your thing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did I bitch and moan about everything?

Solid opener, solid tag match (hurt by one guy), entertaining promo, entertaining singles match, mess of woman's match (although one of the workers has great potential), ladder match was poor, Lucha match was very good, the singles match after that wasn't, the six-man main was entertaining.

I gave my honest opinion on the card. I thought there were five above average matches, two poor ones and a dull one. One entertaining segment. Five or six guys (and one woman) really caught my eye as far as in-ring stuff goes.

If that's bitching and moaning about everything then I give up.

• Paid Members

ah maybe I'm just being grumpy, probably is that so apologies.

Just seemed like you were nitpicking a lot of stuff that was going on when from most places I've heard it was a pretty good show (personal opinions again though). Blame being tired and hungover. Sorry.

No problem, forgot to add that Tyler Moon and one of the Branning girls from EastEnders were in attendance. Also saw Joel Ross and of course Alex Shane. Thought Greg Lambert was also there.

As a showcase it was spot on. There's certainly some talent I'd keep an eye on and want to see more of plus I was umming and ahing about a Lucha Britannica show last year, wish I'd taken the plunge now.

The initial turnout was great as well and we managed to get a good standing spot. The only thing I noted was that, after the Lucha match, the crowd seemed to thin out and I couldn't tell whether that was that people had left early or they had moved around to the sides for a better view. I think those stood with small kids (impressive to see the number of youngsters there) might have found it tough going to keep them there after two-and-a-half hours, which is understandable I suppose.

Coronet Theatre is a decent venue as well. Plenty of standing space, good views throughout and it should come across good on the video.

Fantastic show, Lucha Britannia and the tag match were great. I think Leon Britannico was Paul Robinson.

Yeah that would make sense. Was Dark Britannico Terry then or did I just make that up?

I think Dark Britannico is William Ospreay, but don't quote me on that

Is this Zander Gibson fella actually Zack Gibson as i think guys might be getting his name mixed up with Xander Cooper? Anyway hopefully when the show comes online at WrestleCentral.tv i can watch it :)

Fantastic show, Lucha Britannia and the tag match were great. I think Leon Britannico was Paul Robinson.

Yeah that would make sense. Was Dark Britannico Terry then or did I just make that up?

It's a guy called Jason Skye.

It's a guy called Jason Skye.

Same person, skye is another ring name of his.

Is this Zander Gibson fella actually Zack Gibson as i think guys might be getting his name mixed up with Xander Cooper? Anyway hopefully when the show comes online at WrestleCentral.tv i can watch it :)

Yep. The Futureshock match was Jack Gallagher v Zack "Diamond" Gibson. It was a change of pace after the ladder and Lucha matches, I personally enjoyed it. Gallagher is impressive.

• Paid Members
It'd be the older Branning girl, apparently she's dating him now.

But I'm glad that the showcase did get some positive from you, I'm the same I really wanna see Lucha at some stage it just looks barrels of fun.

I had been saying that for ages then this year I finally got there - honestly one of the best nights you could have out , I went back the next month :)

Archived