SUPER Smackdown Spoilers

PunkStep

Thought the ending was strange too. You have 2 GM's fighting for complete control so they should be showing who's done the better job by creating the stronger brand yet they're trying to bury thier own champion then saying the other was better with the whole "your guy won, your guy won"

They were trying to curry favour with the other brand's champion. By alienating their own champion. It wouldn't have made sense either way, considering they should both be trying to please everyone at the minute.

True. I'm guessing it'll be Team Long v Team Ace at Mania to decide but as of now that hasn't been announced so you have the believe the GM's are under the impression that the board of directors are making the decision and if I was going for a promotion at work I wouldn't be trying to show my boss that any rival has anything better than me at all so it just seems odd that they're trying to make the other brand look stronger by arguing who gets the loss.

No love for Cody Rhodes cheesy but awesome video about the Big Show? Loved the music played in it.

I liked it but the way they did it, they buried Henry for no reason. They could have done this after Big Show had ko'ed Heath Slater or something.

Mark Henry can't win a match, even if the opponent is watching a TV screen for 2 minutes.....

• Paid Members

Yeah, while the Rhodes/Show stuff could be fun (despite not being Cody/Dustin :(), they shouldn't have buried Henry like that. It was just silly to have Show kick out, then not even get the pin. Rather than keeping Henry or Show strong, they both just kinda looked like tools.

Thought Punk/Bryan was one of the best TV main events in ages. Can't say I care for the GM vs GM storyline when Long, if you think about it in any depth, is terrible at his job. Awful public speaker, no idea how to handle contracts (see: Macintyre, Drew), and his solution to everything is a tag team match. His credibility has been fucked by years of lazy writing. Interesting thing, though, is that they could be going either way with this - if Laurinaitis is happy to have had his moment in the spotlight, this could be how they write him off TV, but Long's been around a good while and they might be looking to give him an exit.

• Paid Members

The rating for this show was a 1.7. Thats in the TNA range. Not surprising really that nobody is watching Smackdown these days. The best wrestlers from Smackdown are on Raw. Killing the brand extension hasnt done Smackdown any favours.

Dull as shite show anyway really. Nothing really happened on it.

Thought the ending was strange too. You have 2 GM's fighting for complete control so they should be showing who's done the better job by creating the stronger brand yet they're trying to bury thier own champion then saying the other was better with the whole "your guy won, your guy won"

They were trying to curry favour with the other brand's champion. By alienating their own champion. It wouldn't have made sense either way, considering they should both be trying to please everyone at the minute.

I think everyone's overthinking it. Long is the face and Laurinaitis is the heel, it'd be pointless to make it a brand thing when the GM's are vying for control of both shows. I'm not a fan of Teddy Long but the audience would be confused if he defended Daniel Bryan's underhanded tactics just because he's "a Smackdown guy".

I think everyone's overthinking it. Long is the face and Laurinaitis is the heel, it'd be pointless to make it a brand thing when the GM's are vying for control of both shows. I'm not a fan of Teddy Long but the audience would be confused if he defended Daniel Bryan's underhanded tactics just because he's "a Smackdown guy".

I thought it showed an absence of logic on Long's part. I understand JL hates Punk but I dont recall Long having a beef with Bryan or vice versa, I may be wrong though asI try to FF through most of his shit

I thought it showed an absence of logic on Long's part. I understand JL hates Punk but I dont recall Long having a beef with Bryan or vice versa, I may be wrong though asI try to FF through most of his shit

Bryan was cheating and Long decided to be the instrument of justice so that the audience would get a proper result. Granted in the past Long never had a problem with faces using distractions to win their matches but that's where we seem to be right now; Laurinaitis is the GM of choice for the heels and Long is the GM choice for the faces.

Archived