Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

Agreed with the view of Cena's promo it really was for the wrestling fans. The basis seemed I love wrestling and I can back it up. If you like wrestling support me if you like B movie actors who use wrestling for their own gain Dwaynes your man. Plus Cena got to do the whole women are manipulative bitches, Broskis before Hoeskis stuff which wrestling fans love. Wrestling fans v Dwayne fans.

As a wrestling fan it's easy to get behind Cena. (Rocks not there fuck him, he doesn't care about wrestling) though he's probably somewhere else garnering mainstream attention for wrestling which i can only assume he is doing for the love, and the money of course. Thought the promo was great and hope like on this occasion we're going to get closer to the bone rather than the kind of banter we've had so far. Pour it on Cena wipe that phoney smile off the Rocks face. Lets get serious.

Takers bald right? We saw him cutting it. Although the shaul was very fetching they should of had the balls for him to unveil the baldness and deliver his reasons in the promo. When will they unveil now without it being a bit awkward?

I liked the announcement of HIAC on paper, I'm just not sure how the match will come off since Mick Foley and Taker set the bar of amazement so high with their match, there have been some good ones but nothing as outstanding as that and has been mentioned it has been used alot. It needs big bumps it seems like a necessary gimmick to sell the ppv to me,(I love it when HHH says Hell in a Cell), but when it comes to the match I'm not sure.

Shame about Barrett but I love the Way he's selling it with his other arm like a veteran.

I like the idea of the video packages for Shaemus, too late now, I would still have them doing what he was doing but with some sort of video package to make me give a fuck about him. He's not a strong talker in my opinion thought his winning Royal Rumble speech stunk and haven't heard much from him since. A little something more is required to put him over than just going out and winning the match.

Big show now has some beef with Cody is this relevant to Wrestlemania or just to next weeks RAW?

All in all this was a good RAW and felt like the first week on the proper road to wrestlemania for me. Have the music from the opening of Summerslam 91 in my head as I write this. It's heating up finally.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a great RAW an it definitely made up for Elimination Chamber. The Eve heel turn was handled pretty well at the start, the HHH/Taker promo was epic and the Cena promo on The Rock was very good too. Wrestlemania is looking great at the minute. It's almost like they're saying ''Fuck it, we know last years show wasn't up to scratch but we're gonna make up for it this year.''

• Moderators

Quick Barrett update courtesy of Da Meltz.

WWE has reported that Wade Barrett suffered a partial left elbow dislocation and will be undergoing an MRI in the next few days. Right now the timetable according to WWE is he'll be out six to eight weeks

• Paid Members

Cena was excellent last night but he was talking some shit too. What would he of done if his films actually did anything? He kind of brought up how shit they are.

Think The Rock will have enough ammo to slaughter JC next week plus he will have the crowd in his palm. That always makes it better.

How shit was Undertaker at the start? Crowd was dead people was shouting boring/retire actually probably the same guy. He was getting pissed on until HHH came out though. Totally wasn't interested in this match but once they mentioned HITC they got me.

• Paid Members
Quick Barrett update courtesy of Da Meltz.

WWE has reported that Wade Barrett suffered a partial left elbow dislocation and will be undergoing an MRI in the next few days. Right now the timetable according to WWE is he'll be out six to eight weeks

That suck's, when I saw him hitting the mat shouting "fuck" I wondered if that was due to the pain or more due to the frustration of missing Wrestlemaina.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed this show a lot, Eve stuff aside (you were using Zack for what? To get yourself attacked by Kane? Way to go, you conniving genius!). Cena's promo was the best of his career for me. The HHH/Taker stuff was as good as ever. The battle royale was pretty fun except for all the death - you could've made a drinking game out of all the horrible bumps guys were taking on the way out! I jumped off the sofa when Santino almost landed on Wade's fucked arm, too.

So yeah, good Raw, helped by a crowd that were ready to get into all the great stuff. The pops during the HHH/Taker promo were fantastic.

Cena's promo on Raw was excellent,the best promo in WWE by a country mile in ages.I totally agree with an earlier post on here,the fans have already made up their minds that Cena's getting booed come Mania.He couldn't have been more spot on with his comments directed at Dwayne the movie star yet the crowed still booed him.Still tho,it was a cracking piece of TV and gave me another reason to like Cena.I've dome a complete 180 as regards Cena over the last year.

Cena owned the show last night.His bit with Eve was brilliant aswell,even if Eve's heel turn came out of nowhere.I thought they'd st least wait unil Zack came back and have her turn on him then.

A very enjoyable episode of Raw overall that's really gotten me more excited about Mania.

• Paid Members

The truth? What's the truth? None of what Cena said is a lie. The only retort is surely "you would have done the same if you had the chance" and that isn't a fact, it's speculation. Though probably true.

I'd guess Rock's just going to re-run his fruity pebbles promo from last year. Strudel. Lol.

• Paid Members

I think Rock will get serious next week. Cena was just as unlikely to cut as serious promo as the Rock was. This angle seemed to be taking a different direction by the looks of things. They cant bring up a bloke who writes Rock's catchphrases and then have the Rock do this usual catchphrase ridden promos, surely? He might do one or two little jokes, but he's going to have to hit Cena where it hurts next week. Cena wasnt pissing about was he? He said he didnt respect him and more or less called him a bellend.

As far as the Eve heel turn angle, it was rushed, but that seemed like thats the way they wanted it to go. The way it played out, it seemed like they just wanted Cena to slag her off and just run away from that angle as quickly as possible, because there's not a chance we'll see Kane, Ryder and Eve in this Rock vs Cena storyline. It seemed to me like it was a nice way to write Cena out of that thing and move onto something different. You had to get those three nobodies out of this angle the final night that the Rock isnt on the show.

• Paid Members
Probaby Del Rio vs Randy Orton (Mr Excitement backing DR and Teddy backing Orton). Winner gets to be General manager of both brands.

Maybe. I thought a while back Orton/Del Rio could be a potential WrestleMania match. I wouldn't mind it, i reckon they'd knock something pretty decent together. Why would Orton want to support Teddy though? Didn't T-Lo just refuse to over-rule the Doctors and pull Randy out of his opportunity to be a champion at WrestleMania and gain some semblance of revenge on Daniel Bryan? Sure, for his own safety but Orton doesn't give a shit about that.

Anyway, Raw. I liked the Taker-Triple H segment for the most part. But it was a bit weird, it didn't feel like it was happening at the right time. Definitely should have had Triple H accepting next week (at the very earliest). Doing the whole hair thing last week, having him come out in a hood and then it not being acknowledged in any way was a bit off. I think i'd have actually preferred Undertaker eventually pitching the Hell in a Cell match instead. Adding that last little piece to entice Triple Hs masochistic side and to feed his ego, ending Undertakers streak, ending Undertaker in his apparent signature match, proving it's really Triple Hs match and he's the King of The Cell match. Could have added nicely to Undertakers desperation and losing the plot with it. Oh well, i still dig it but, with 6 weeks left of build i'm not sure where else they are going to go from here besides Hell in a Cell video packages, which will likely be tremendous but they could have happened with a couple of weeks remaining. There was definitely a couple more weeks in dragging out Triple Hs acceptance. And i'm not sure how the hair reveal will come off now as everyone's forgotten about it.

A little bit surprised at the big Cena love. I'm getting more and more a fan of his through those videos. The last one more than ever as it gave me a lot to relate too. The use of the developmental guys was a very, very touch. Clever move. But this promo just seemed to be treading old ground, everything he's said previous. And i don't feel his beef is all that great. Rock has had much more valid arguments with his retorts last year, which everyone seems to have forgotten about. His promos in response to Cenas rap and the youtube one outside were superb and incredibly impassioned. I really hope there'll be more of that next week. I may need to check out Cenas promo again as i think i'd kind of switched off with it as it seems i'm missing something.

I'm dead gutted that it's going to be Bryan vs Sheamus. I like Sheamus but i really want something with Bryan/Show/Henry/Orton to cap off the fantastic last 5+ months of build. Sorry fella.

Archived