The Wrestlemania stats thread~!

Up Chuck

• Paid Members

Right, so Elimination Chamber was a bit underwhelming, but the Road to Wrestlemania is kicking into high gear from now on, so it’s time to start looking forward! And what better way to do that than with another WWE PPV stats thread? That’s right, featuring more inconsequential figures and possibly even more long-forgotten names than the Royal Rumble version, it’s the…

Wrestlemaniastats.png

SOME IMPORTANT THINGS: This has been a lot of fun, but it’s also been very hard work at times, and I may have made a few mistakes. Please feel free to correct any errors you spot and I’ll cheerfully amend them. All percentages are rounded to 2 decimal points. Yes, I do have tiger_rick’s blessing to Chilli Dog his idea.

Anyway, let’s get on with it! First up…

The events!

WrestleMania.jpg

Wrestlemania

31st March 1985

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Tagline: The Greatest Wrestling Event of All Time!

Theme song:

Attendance: 19,121

Broadcast time: 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

WrestleMania V fact from the F4Wonline:

(Hogan and Savage drew) perhaps the most impressive WWE buyrate of all time at WrestleMania V. That might not sound overly impressive today, but keep in mind that at that time the available PPV universe was 20 million homes. Today it is 100 million. If you extrapolate that out, 700,000 domestic buys in a 20 million universe would be the equivalent of WrestleMania today doing about 3 million buys domestic

Brill read this, cheers. I enjoyed some of those trivia notes when you were compiling this in chat the other week too.

To join Ian on the boxer/wrestler kick, remember when we nearly got Lesnar/Lewis too? That would have been a fun one.

One stat I love is that John Cena has only ever wrestled in title matches at Wrestlemania, and all bar one were for the big belts. As great as it is he's fighting The Rock, I'm sad that one's going the way of the Funkasaurus this year.

• Paid Members

Cheers guys. I'm pretty proud of this, so it's nice to get positive feedback.

Is Tito Santana's record of 1-7 still the worst? Seven losses in a row must be a record of some kind as well.

Depends how you measure it, I guess. If you do it like goal difference and subtract losses from wins, I think that's probably the worst, although hilariously it's only one worse than Shawn Michaels.

Conversely, I was going to try and do the win-loss records in more detail (including possibly a top and bottom 10) but that'd require an insane amount of work and there was no way I'd have got it done before Wrestlemania. Something like it may make an appearance next year.

• Moderators

I dunno if you'd say this record's a notable one (I would because he fucking rules, and is a legit legend) but Terry Funk is 1-1.

Here's another nice little one as well. All of Big John Studd's Wrestlemania appearances (I,II,V) involved Andre the Giant.

• Paid Members

Ah. Good job I didn't put down my Michael-Cole-only-person-to-win-by-reversed-decision stat then! I'll check out the episode of Raw in question sometime this week and see what I make of it, just because I've LOVE Funk to be undefeated. Still, at least Dory's flying the flag for his family on that front!

Archived