Madonna

Devon Malcolm

I've cooled on 'Toxic' as well, the production sounds a bit thin, but maybe that's because there's been so much bass heavy music in the last couple of years that I've become conditioned to it. 'Piece Of Me' on the other hand, great Britney song. 'Sometimes' as well in a kind of childhood nostalgic type of way, and the fact it has nice little pop melodies and lyrics without a hint of innuendo. Almost innocent, even, which seems somewhat refreshing these days even if completely false and un-genuine.

As for Madonna, I never particularly got into her stuff, not that I've explored her catalogue much. Her 80s stuff seems really dated to me, and her modern stuff just isn't that good. I didn't even jump on the 'Hung Up' bandwagon in 2006 when it became the cool pop song of the months for 'serious music fans' to enjoy. I think 'Hollywood' is the only Madonna song I can remember really enjoying, and I haven't even heard that for years. Something about her persona puts me off as well. Probably have a different view if I was around during her peak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived