WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

So, how does everyone rank Taker's last four WrestleMania matches?

1. vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania XXV

2. vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania XXVI

3. vs. Triple H, WrestleMania XXVIII

4. vs. Triple H, WrestleMania XXVII

Number 1 is a lock as is number 4. Another day I might be tempted to swap number 2 and 3 around. I'd really have to think about that.

Completely agree, I loved Sundays match too but WM26 just, just pips it I think.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd probably go...

1. XXVI

2. XXV

3. XXVII

4. XXVIII

Didn't even take much thought on any of them, even though it's all fairly close. I just felt that 1) the two HBK matches were better and 2) the second one had better story to it. The cell match had some amazing storytelling but seemed to drag a bit which is why I had their first match in the #3 spot.

I'll go with...

1: Vs. Triple H - 28

2: Vs. Shawn Michaels - 25

3: Vs. Shawn Michaels - 26

4: Vs. Triple H - 27

I loved and still do love the Shawn Michaels match at Wrestlemania 25, but I ended up enjoying the Hell In A Cell match even more. I had a smile on my face for the whole match, I was in wrestling heaven. As far as the Hell In A Cell gimmick goes, it's saved it for me. I'd put it right up there with the Triple H/Cactus Jack and Undertaker/Brock Lesnar Cell matches.

I'll go with...

1: Vs. Triple H - 28

2: Vs. Shawn Michaels - 25

3: Vs. Shawn Michaels - 26

4: Vs. Triple H - 27

I loved and still do love the Shawn Michaels match at Wrestlemania 25, but I ended up enjoying the Hell In A Cell match even more. I had a smile on my face for the whole match, I was in wrestling heaven. As far as the Hell In A Cell gimmick goes, it's saved it for me. I'd put it right up there with the Triple H/Cactus Jack and Undertaker/Brock Lesnar Cell matches.

That's the same order i would have said, the HIAC was a thing of beauty and possibly the greatest match i've ever witnessed. Good call on Taker/Brock as i rarely hear it mentioned, made sure to watch it in the lead up to WM.

Id go for:

WM 25 - HBK vs Taker

WM 28 - HHH vs Taker

WM 26 - vs HBK

Wm 27 - vs HHH

I love them all but I have really loved this years match!

WM 25 - HBK

WM 26 - HBK

WM 28 - HHH

WM 27 - HHH

Personally I found Taker Vs Triple H 1 at Wrestlemania X7 to be the most thrilling out of the trilogy but thats just me.

Number 1 is a lock as is number 4. Another day I might be tempted to swap number 2 and 3 around. I'd really have to think about that.

Completely agree, I loved Sundays match too but WM26 just, just pips it I think.

Agreed.

Dave Meltzer rated The Undertaker/Triple H ****3/4. Out of The Undertaker's last four WrestleMania matches, Meltzer gave ****3/4 to three of them (both Undertaker/Shawn Michaels matches and Undertaker/Triple H from this year). Meltzer gave Undertaker/Triple H from last year ****1/2.

Agreed.

Dave Meltzer rated The Undertaker/Triple H ****3/4. Out of The Undertaker's last four WrestleMania matches, Meltzer gave ****3/4 to three of them (both Undertaker/Shawn Michaels matches and Undertaker/Triple H from this year). Meltzer gave Undertaker/Triple H from last year ****1/2.

Meltzer's ratings mean fuck all to be honest. I'd go:

1. vs. Triple H, WM XXVIII

2. vs. HBK, WM XXVI

3. vs. HBK, WM XXV

4. vs. Triple H, WMXXVII

• Paid Members

Lolz of the week. The fake attendance figure WWE announced was made up so they could beat a college football game and claim the stadium record. Unfortunately they were looking at the wrong football game and even the number they made up would only be #2 in the building if it were true.

Lolz of the week. The fake attendance figure WWE announced was made up so they could beat a college football game and claim the stadium record. Unfortunately they were looking at the wrong football game and even the number they made up would only be #2 in the building if it were true.

They're really not doing well with that lately, are they? Sheamus/Bryan failed to beat the Kane/Chavo WM record and now this.

Archived