Preston City Wrestling - SpringSlam 30/03/2012

fludder99

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my very first PCW event last night and amazingly enough my missus who has never taken any interest in wrestling ever enjoyed herself too. Can't believe that there's such a wrestling promotion in my own back yard.

A few observations from the night:

The matches themselves were all good, not a stinker in the bunch. The woman's match also took me by surprise, those 2 lasses can really go! Carmel was great at getting heat before the match. Can honestly say its probably the best woman's match I've seen in person and the best overall since Trish vs Micky James at Wrestlemania 22. The opening match was bloody good and a great way to kick off the show, got the crowd really into it and the refs lap of the ring was top notch :)

The crowd was awesome. Am guessing there's a lot of regulars there whove seen these wrestlers a fair few times before. The chanting and banter was brilliant, even got a couple started myself which never works at WWE shows.

The price. Cheap entry and by god were the drinks cheap. I know people posted on here saying they were cheap but wasn't expecting it to be that cheap! We went for a few jars and games of pool after the show and don't think I spent more than 40 quid on the night altogether, can't remember a night out as cheap as that for quite a long time.

I also really liked how the wrestlers themselves came out into the crowd during other matches, had a chat with a few of them and they were all very approachable and friendly. Did laugh when KayLeeRay spilt her drink all over the bar when talking to me and a mate :) also Gresham was a machine in the ring and very friendly outside of it.

One thing that did not surprise me is that the floor in the club is as sticky as it has been for the past 15 years, been a long time since I've been in there but some things never change.

Sadly I won't be able to make the April show but the one in June is 3 days before my birthday so I'll dam sure be there for that one, maybe get ring side seats for that one too. Would be cool to meet some of the posters here too, maybe blag a birthday drink out of some.

Excellent show and keep up the great work. You've done yourself proud fludder!!!!!

Also forgot to add, Dave Rayne is a legend, what a heat magnet!

thanks for the feedback! really happy you enjoyed the show, its quite the boost after a long day yesterday when I get feedback like this :)

Archived