Container Matches

Forrest

In honour of Sunday's Ambulance match between John Cena and Kane, I wanted to start a thread to reminisce all about the age-old tradition of matches where you put your opponent onto or into things to win.

Casket matches, Buried Alive matches, Last Ride matches, Stretcher matches, Ambulance matches, Dumpster matches, they're not exactly the most varied matches out there, but they're generally good fun and some times great. What's your favourites examples of the breed?

• Paid Members

The best spot ever in one of these type of matches is in the Buried Alive Tag match of Undertaker and Big Show vs The Rock and Mankind where Show launches Mankind off the stage dumping him straight into the open grave as though he was shooting a basketball through the hoop for a 3 pointer. It looked completely amazing.

The best spot ever in one of these type of matches is in the Buried Alive Tag match of Undertaker and Big Show vs The Rock and Mankind where Show launches Mankind off the stage dumping him straight into the open grave as though he was shooting a basketball through the hoop for a 3 pointer. It looked completely amazing.

Why have i never seen that? If it's the match i'm thinking of then I've seen the spot at the end when Austin returns and fucks up Triple H but never the whole match. Looks like i'm paying youtube a visit.

This was the first match I saw when my parents got Sky and finally gave me access to wrestling, it was pretty mind-blowing at the time.

I may be on my own here, but I love that casket match between Yokozuna and Undertaker. I'm always surprised when people bitch about it, the visual with Taker in the casket suddenly coming back to life is brilliant.

I think I'll go with Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels Casket match at Royal Rumble 98. They might've had better matches but considering Michaels suffered a near career ending injury the facials and spots set up were quality. Michaels face being dragged into the casket was brilliant.

Add me to the growing list of people who love that tag team Buried Alive match. That spot is absolutely amazing! Does anyone know if it was released as part of a DVD?

I also love the visual of lightning hitting the headstone from the first Buried Alive match, and the Undertaker's hand rising from the grave! I never really understood how they managed it, I know there is supposedly 'a room' in the grave, but how did Undertaker manage to get his arm out?

Just watched the buried alive tag match. Fuck me that is just fantastic, i'll echo your comments about that spot with Big Show and Mankindbeing fantastic. The whole match is awesome and so for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen it here it is: Clicky

The sledgehammer from Triple H looks fucking tremendous.

Billy Gunn and Cactus Jack taking a dive from a ladder into the Dumpster at WrestleMania 14 is still just an absolutely incredible spot.

Always loved the original Buried Alive match too as it featured great brawling, non-stop action, was a tremendous visual spectacle and, a rarity for wrestling, a completely original gimmick.

Just watched the buried alive tag match. Fuck me that is just fantastic, i'll echo your comments about that spot with Big Show and Mankindbeing fantastic. The whole match is awesome and so for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen it here it is: Clicky

The sledgehammer from Triple H looks fucking tremendous.

God yes. It's like all the planets alligned during that match. Complete chaos, a red hot crowd, that Foley bump, Big Show selling the sledgehammer like death, then Triple H bumping like a madman for Austin at the end. Great TV.

Used to like the build for casket matches where the Undertaker would be seen plaining a piece of wood as he constructed the casket. Themed slightly to whoever was going in it. Double wide double deep for Zuna with the moon and stars for Kamala. He could of made the worlds strongest casket for Mark Henry.

Archived