Who's the big money players?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Just looking at a few of the most pushed wrestlers on the WWE and TNA rosters and decided to start this thread, to see what the general opinions of this lot are on here. Obviously you dont have to do them all. Just putting the template up for each wrestler to see if you'd pay money to see them or what you'd like to see from then. I think Power Slam used to do something similar in the late 90s.

John Cena

John-Cena-Rise-above-Hate.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Would you pay your money to see him?

Does he deserve more or less TV time?

What would you like to see him do more/less of?

The Rock

the-rock.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Jeff Hardy

425391_10150573811801026_31695961025_9184842_1605894525_n.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

CM Punk

RAW_970_Photo_007-610x341.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Bobby Roode

134fe197a1004b5475e27fba8bbdb40f_XL.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

James Storm

IMG_0877_650_large.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Randy Orton

Randy%20Orton1.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Sting

03sting.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Daniel Bryan

tumblr_l3hyqduGvV1qc0rlro1_400.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Bully Ray

Bully3_1454684a.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Chris Jericho

RAW_971_Photo_107_large.jpg

Do you like him?

Why?

Sheamus

Randy-Orton-defeated-Sheamus2.JPG

Do you like him?

Why?

Nice idea. Can't do the TNA guys in good faith due not watching, though Sting drew me enough to by a ticket for the TNA shows over here the other week, and him and Hogan were all I gave a fuck about before, during and after the shows, for what that's worth.

John Cena

Do you like him? Fucking love him

Why? He's everything I love about wrestling these days, all the time. He's one of the few guys I can find a way to engage with, no matter what shite he's up to. The recent "Invincible" video package encompasses it all better than I could describe it.

Would you pay your money to see him? Fo sho

Does he deserve more or less TV time? About what he gets is right.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More fannying on with the ringside haters on the PPV, and a touch less of the big grins at the wrong time. But only a touch less, I even like those.

The Rock

the-rock.jpg

Do you like him? Yes

Why? Mainly because he's The Rock. I love that he represents wrestling better than anybody in mainstream ever (Hogan included), and that he fucked wrestling off but it will always bend over for him. I'd be him, if I could. Who wouldn't?

Would you pay your money to see him? Absolutely. If he was on more than one show over here on a tour or something, I'd probably try and go to as many dates as I could.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Loads more, considering what's happening next month. Hope he gets it starting this Monday.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? A bit more making his mind up of if he's "The Rock - The Wrestler" or "Dwayne Johnson playing The Rock - The Wrestler". I think either one works totally fine in the current environment, but I wish he'd stick to one. When he first came back, and in the following few promos where he bashed Cena etc, he was the former, and it was ace. The lines have blurred since then, and I think it's hurt his aura.

CM Punk

Do you like him? Not loads

Why? Because I don't think he's actually that special in the ring, he dresses like a bellend on the Metro coming back from MMA practice with BO, and I find him totally transparent. In the same way I think John Cena wants to be all of our best mate, I can see he thinks we're all a massive set of cunts.

Would you pay your money to see him? No

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More, but only because he's holding the belt. With all the big name matches at Mania, happening away from the WWE Title, he's a total afterthought despite allegedly being top guy. It's not all his fault, but he doesn't have anywhere near the stature to take the situation beyond where it currently is, either.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less springboard moves, and way more focus in his promos.

Randy Orton

Randy%20Orton1.jpg

Do you like him? No

Why? He bores the fuck out of me. Don't care that he's supposedly an ace wrestler, or if Fin Martin has him as the next Benoit, or whatever. He tends to almost always be the bit of Smackdown I'm x30ing.

Would you pay your money to see him? Most definitely not.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Less really. I'm not saying he doesn't justify his topline role on Smackdown due to tenure, but I wish he wasn't one of the regular Raw attendees too.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? I'd like to see less recovering from injuries. I really want shot of him for a very long time indeed.

Daniel Bryan

Do you like him? Yes

Why? Because, and I hate myself for saying this, you can tell he's put his shifts in before coming to the big stage. He knows how to make his style of wrestling exciting for anybody, not just workrate perverts. And based on his heel turn, he understands character motivation a shitload more than a lot of the white bread WWE-system guys, and is thus a thousand times more believable.

Would you pay your money to see him? In this role (and preferably as part of a TV taping), absolutely I would.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? He's about right. No point going stale and getting overexposed with too much, but he's worthy of the time they give him at the moment.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Honestly can't answer at the moment. His whole act is pitch perfect for me right now.

Chris Jericho

Do you like him? No

Why? He's a fucking cunt, surely that much is obvious? His look his crap, he's the most overrated guy in the history of everything, his return was bollocks, and I don't see anywhere he fits in anymore.

Would you pay your money to see him? No.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Loads less. Another two years less (at least) before his comeback in January would have been ace, thanks very much.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less promo time. Less in-ring time. More stuff exclusively on Superstars.

Sheamus

Do you like him? He's alright.

Why? I don't connect with him one way or another really, but I can see the appeal, and he's not a guy I actively dislike. LOVED him at points since 2010, but it's been on the wane for a while now.

Would you pay your money to see him? Nah

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More. He's a guy I'm always looking for reasons to care about, and I would like to see him get more segments dedicated to his push to Mania. He has to try and make people remember that the guy in his shoes used to be the most important guy in the world at this time of year, not about 7th or 8th.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less grinning, and more of the Razor's Edge. That's his money finisher all the time for me, not the kick.

• Awards Moderator

Like NEWM, I can't comment on the TNA blokes because I don't watch it.

John Cena

Do you like him? Honestly don't know. I love what he brings to the company, but he does my fucking head in.

Why? Well, see above. I think he's utterly brilliant at what he does, but I just can't take to him.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? As is.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Impossible to say. I don't want to see more of him, but I think the company would be much worse off without him.

The Rock

Do you like him? Of course. It's The Rock.

Why? See above.

Would you pay your money to see him? Yes, ten times over.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More, if he could free up the time.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More of appearing and less of not appearing. He's The Rock. He's the most fantastic lad to ever get in front of my screen.

CM Punk

Do you like him? Yes, I do.

Why? Not sure, but probably because I'm clinging on to his summer stint and like him because he sucked me back into wrestling and despite the fact that it's all gone to shit, I like that he had that effect.

Would you pay your money to see him? Yes.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less of the PG friendly stuff, more of last summer stuff.

Randy Orton

Do you like him? Honestly, I don't know.

Why? Above.

Would you pay your money to see him? Probably.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? No idea.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Tricky one. His music and generic appearances used to bore me, but recently he's grabbed my interest but I don't know if that's due to him being good or the rest of the SD roster being a bit scarce.

Daniel Bryan

Do you like him? Yes.

Why? He was decent as a face, but his recent sneer turn has been fantastic.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More, as much more as possible.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More of the same, please.

Chris Jericho

Do you like him? Yes.

Why? I know he's a tit, but I like him.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? As is.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less of the trunks, more of the tights.

Sheamus

Do you like him? Yes.

Why? He's grown on me. He's a bit cringeworthy with the mic at times, but I do like him.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More beating the shit out of people, less talking.

John Cena

Do you like him?

On balance, yes.

Why?

His act isn't my cup of tea all the time, but he's consistantly carried his end of some of the most emotionally engaging big-time matches of each year since he became a headliner. I'm usually entertained when he's on my screen.

In a big-time match with a top star that I cared about, yes. He wouldn't be draw for me on his own though, unless it was a local show.

If I had kids I'd happily take them to see him.

At the moment, more. He's the top star in the biggest company in the world, and he's heading into arguably the biggest match in WWE history. For my money, he should be WWE champion and the main focus of the show.

More effective selling of injuries. I have nothing against his superman comebacks - every top WWE babyface should make those. They'd just be more effective if he was better at showing vulnerability before and after the adrenaline rush.

Less cringeworthy comedy and pop culture references that fail to reach either the young male audience OR his kiddie fanbase.

The Rock

Do you like him? Yes.

Why?

Because now that I don't get to see him twice a week like I did in 2000, I can appreciate what a truly unique performer he is, and how incredible his connection with the audience was and still is at times.

In a heartbeat.

More, and I'm sure he'll get as much as he wants in the near future.

More wrestling, less dreadful films.

Jeff Hardy

Do you like him?

No.

Why?

I don't like anybody who does a job that involves taking another man's life in their hands, and turns up monged off their face on smack-drugs. Also I find his offensive style a bit girly, and he comes across as a man of limited intelligence pretending to be deep and interesting.

No, because I'd have no faith in him turning up.

On a personal level, he deserves no TV time whatsoever. On a business level, IF he can be trusted to take his responsibilities seriously, TNA should probably be building the show around him.

More going back to WWE. Less meth.

CM Punk

Do you like him?

I'm not sure.

Why?

Because I'm not sure why I'm supposed to. His character direction since the summer has been nonsensical. As far as I'm concerned he never even turned babyface.

Yes, probably. He still feels quite fresh despite being with WWE for a while now, and I usually enjoy his in-ring work. I think I'd probably enjoy his promos as part of a live show, too, I'm just not sure what they're meant to achieve as part of an episodic TV show.

More, probably. He has the potential to be a big crossover star in the 'alternative' scene. He's one of the few characters in WWE which is anywhere near the pulse of popular culture. I'm just not sure what on Earth they're doing with him.

Establishing more clear goals and motivation for his character. I don't know who he's supposed to be anymore, and that's worrying considering his character was always clearly defined before he got the big push.

Bobby Roode

Do you like him?

He's okay.

Why?

He's a good old-school heel, a solid wrestler, and he looks like a star. I think he's been convincing as World champ and I hope they stick with him in the absense of any stronger candidates.

He needs something more special to make him stand out though. Most of his trademark spots are co-opted from someone else, he's got about four finishing moves all of which feel like they should be his set-up move/back-up finisher, and there's not really anything unique about his look or act in general. I find him solid but unspectacular.

No. That's the problem, really. I'd pay to see the Roode vs. Storm blow-off, if it was promoted right, to be fair.

They've probably got it about right. I just hope they keep giving it to him and he takes the opportunity to evolve into the star TNA need.

I like what he's doing now, I just don't think it's anything new or special.

James Storm

Do you like him?

I have loved him since about 2005.

Why?

He is utterly convincing in his role, and brings so much personality and energy to it. He has clear character traits, you immediately know who he is and what he's about from the way he speaks and dresses, he can do both comedy and drama well, and I've always been gay for a superkick.

Yes.

More, unless they're deliberately keeping him simmering for the time being until the time is right for the feud with Roode to heat up.

More smashing Bobby Roode in the face with a beer bottle and relieving him of his title at Lockdown.

Randy Orton

Do you like him?

Not nearly as much as I should.

Why?

He just wasn't made for these times. He'd have been a riot in the late '90s, but as a pseudo-edgy counter-Cena he seems to struggle to let his personality out and just comes across as a very forced watered-down Austin. There are a lot of things I do like about his act, but he seems out of place and lacking storyline direction. The anti-hero doesn't work without something to rebel against. I wish he'd come along five years earlier - both smug heel Randy and sick-and-twisted heel Randy would have been brilliant foils for Austin and The Rock.

Outside of WWE, maybe.

More if he had something fresh and interesting to do. Less if he's going to carry on being boring.

More time-travelling back to the exact point in time where Triple H first tore his quad, to fill the heel gap and feud with Steve Austin. Less boring, endless series' of boring endless matches. More dislocating his own shoulder while spacking about setting up the RKO. That were right funny.

Daniel Bryan Danielson

Do you like him?

Yes.

Why?

He's been generally tremendous since he arrived in WWE. Even when they've fed him shit he's got stuck in and done the best with it, like a pro. His matches are almost always good, he knows how to engage a crowd, his heel work has been a revelation, and his submission hold looks nasty as fuck.

Yes, I expect he's one of the best and most entertaining wrestlers in the world in a live environment. Even though I love him, I know he'd manage to get me throwing my popcorn at him.

It's about right at the minute. Bryan, Big Show and Mark Henry as SmackDown's headline roster would have sounded like a bad joke a few years ago, but right now the mix is just right.

More lengthy title defences. More shouting "YES!" over and over again. More demeaning his girlfriend AJ, who told him she loved him. More calling the Big Show a bastard and making him cry. More having an obvious direction leading into WrestleMania...whatever the payoff to his current run is going to be, they could do with building the anticipation starting ASAP.

Bully Ray

Do you like him?

No, I fucking hate him.

Why?

Because he's the best heel in wrestling.

I'd pay money to see him get his face kicked in.

Yes, for the above reason.

More getting his face kicked in. More being an obnoxious cunt.

Chris Jericho

Do you like him?

No.

Why?

Because he doesn't want me to, and he's bloody good at getting over one way or another.

No, because the pay off to that dislike will probably be disappointing. His big matches usually are, unless they involve Shawn Michaels. Having got the crowd where he wants them with the build up to a match, he lacks the knack of keeping them engaged with his ring work.

More, they've turned his comeback into a damp squib.

More cryptic videos announcing his comeback. Less actually coming back.

That was harsh. I like his christmas-tree jacket.

Sheamus

Do you like him?

I love him.

Why?

Everyone loves the Irish. He stands out, he's got some cool spots, he fits antiquated racial stereotypes, and he's a big hard-looking bastard who throws fellas about. He's everything I want in my wrestling.

As a contender in a proper main event match with some proper build up, yes. As an afterthought against whoever happens to be champion at WrestleMania, no.

Much, much more. He's one of the few next generation stars with even slight mainstream crossover potential.

More brutal beatings of cowardly heels. Less tales of whimsy from the old country. Less showing weakness by telling us he was bullied as a kid. It doesn't make him relatable, it makes him sound like a loser.

I don't like anybody who does a job that involves taking another man's life in their hands, and turns up monged off their face on smack-drugs.

You must not have watched much wrestling, then. Those bum bags weren't used for passports and 20 bensons.

Yeah but come on...there's degrees here. Being an eighties coke-and-steroids zombie is very far from good for your opponent's wellbeing, but it isn't quite the same thing as being passed out on the gents' toilet floor ten minutes before you're meant to be going out for a pay per view main event, then going out there barely knowing where you are and barely able to stand. Even by the standards of wrestling Jeff Hardy takes the piss. Fortunately he's probably too frail and girly to actually hurt anybody except himself, even by accident.

• Paid Members

John Cena

Do you like him?

I do.

Why?

Cena is a weird one for me. I've nothing against him but, he doesn't really do much for me either. I do like him plenty though. I think I'm much the same as Frankie here. I'm very rarely emotionally invested in any of his stuff unless i'm particularly into the other guy or really into the angle surrounding their situation (Punk last year). He has his few moments where he seems like he's almost on that other level. The issue with The Rock has great potential to really grab me though and really make something special out of John. He's already grown on me a bunch recently, i like how his character has developed and that the lines are not blurred but basically gone and John Cena is John Cena. But so often something like an incredible video package that causes that effect so much better than what he does when he's live on tv. The 'invincible' video had me completely happy to embrace him upon first viewing. But then he'll appear on tv and do something that instantly takes all that away. I like him and reckon he is just about the nicest bloke going and he is an incredibly perfect ambassador for the company. No doubt. I also like that he's somehow managed to make the most simple of wrestling outfits into a signature outfit that still gives that element of Superhero with his own signature quirks and that kids can so easily dress themselves up as him by buying all his shit. Very clever. I've always been one who can be well into the product while being disinterested in the main event or main guy. I never really liked Hogan as a youngster and got lucky when Austin, Hart, Rock et al rocked the top ranks. So it never particularly upset me he was pushed so hard. Although i was initially gutted when he got drafted to Raw and basically the show became all about him. I didn't care for him at all at the time and had been ALL OVER Raw for about a year or so. Seriously loved the period before it became his show.

Well, i would i guess. But, not exactly specifically for him. I don't think i'd be sold on a show on Cenas appearance alone. The only WWE events i've been to, the first he wasn't on. The second he turned up unannounced. Which was cool but also a bit disappointing, as i'd been enjoying the shift in the product since his absence and the direction it looked to be taking. It was a cool moment but his return managed to derail would should have been an amazing Mania build. Hardy fucked it up too mind. He's a definite slow grower though. I reckon one day i'll love him completely.

He's just right really.

Again, just about right currently. More promos like his two 'Adapt and Overcome' ones. I thought this past week on Raw he was pretty great actually in that segment. So more like that would be just grand.

The Rock

the-rock.jpg

Do you like him?

Absolutely.

Why?

He's a King amongst men. He's the Muhammad Ali of wrestling. And fuck all the haters, i love 'Dwayne Johnson' too and don't distinguish between them. He's evolved to being what both everyone says he is long ago. He's excellent at still being 'The Rock' at all times, throughout his media showings. Because, he is The Rock and always has been. What everyone loved about him was always something he had within him cranked right up in the wacky world of WWE, where everything gets magnified, injected with Superjuice and made larger than life. I adore how The Rock has evolved and have loved following that journey. Dwayne Johnson himself, is larger than life.

Good God yes.

Moar. Especially now, obviously.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Plenty more things. I hope especially there's more impassioned promos delivered like he did at points when the Cena issue first started, although they were both in taped form, they were both magnificent and wonderfully displayed his passion for wrestling and just how good he is. More of those would be lovely. Less buddying up with anyone really. Less sharpshooters.

CM Punk

Do you like him?

Yeah, kinda.

Why?

I never really liked him or saw the big deal pre-WWE. When he came to WWE, after a while i grew to really enjoy him. I thought he was developing into a decent babyface a few years back but then, he really started to shine as a heel in his SES era. There's something definitely really good there and it seemed to be realised last Summer. It's incredible just how tremendous he seemed then, how (at some moments) just how magnetic he appeared in segments. Everything seemed to have fallen into place and as though he was on the brink of something really special. He seemed to be completely taking it in his stride, exuding confidence and the presence of belonging. And i loved that. But, it didn't last at all. And i've gone off him a whole lot over the past 6 months. Which is shit, because i want to really like him and was fully prepared to support him last Summer. He's not at total fault but, the direction he's taken the character and how he now plays it i don't enjoy anywhere near as much, quite the opposite.

Yeah, i could do.

It depends. More if he was used a certain way. But i don't think i'd want too much more of how he is currently as it will only make me like him even less i imagine.

More beard. More hair too i reckon, i liked him bald as a heel and didn't mind the short hair at first. But fuck i hate the slicked back stuff now. I long for the long locks and big beard. More angry, pissed off promos but not all the time. He's lost his fonz-factor completely. Last summer, there was big elements of Tyler Durden to his persona i found and i've always wanted a take on it in wrestling and it felt for a moment like they'd found the perfect execution and subject for it. But that's gone completely now. I'd love more of that please. Less shit eating smugness, less wink-wink, nudge-nudge fapper pandering promos trying to be cute and trying to clever. More spontaneous GoToSleeps rather than always ring-centre, hard-cam facing. LESS ELBOW DROPS.

Randy Orton

Randy%20Orton1.jpg

Do you like him?

Love him.

Why?

I'm not sure really but, i really dig him these days. He's the same as Batisita in that for the longest time i couldn't really stand either of them, but today i think they a hot shit. He's got a fantastic look now. I used to think he looked like such a bell with his shit tatoos, shit haircut and big Desperate Dan jaw. But now, with his much leaner, (cleaner) physique, wicked sleeves and tremendous beard he looks absolute class. The coolest fucker going and he now really knows how to carry it in a way in which you can like him too. I think he's mastered the art of getting the male audience on his side because they'd want to be him now. I'd started to like him a fair bit before but, when he returned from injury, just befor getting the new tats is when i started to really enjoy him. Today, i love him. I think he's a tremendous wrestler, last year he had awesome matches all over the place. I don't think he's a bad promo at all, he gets, plays and carries his character just right for me. I like his role on Smackdown over the last year but there's something totally special just waiting to happen with him and i want something big to be done with him, that hasn't already been done. But i don't know what that is. He's surely got a job for life with WWE. I definitely see him being someone who will stay with the company in some capacity beyond his active in ring years.

Certainly.

He's used very effectively with his current lot. I wouldn't object to more at all though.

More mental. I love it when he loses his shit. Less of the arms out pose though, that's the one thing i don't think fits today. I think he could do wonders to elevate other guys, like he has been used somewhat recently. I'd like a big angle for him with some of the mid-carders, upper mid-carders with something really tasty about it. The Barratt, Rhodes shiz has all been alright but really lacking any substance. Same with Menry, that was all about The Menry-Train. The Christian stuff was fabulous because it was a great wrestling angle that evolved logically. I guess really i want to see more of him in some capacity but i can't figure out quite what. I hope he has a decent spot on the WrestleMania card this year, he deserves it.

Daniel Bryan

Do you like him?

Yeah.

Why?

He's just fabulous in everything he's been doing lately. Long may it continue.

Go on then.

Everything right now, right here is perfect.

More of what we've had lately. More beard. I like beards.

Chris Jericho

Do you like him?

No, not really. Sometimes.

Why?

He's just not all that. Way above his station. I enjoyed him in the big Michaels feud and he showed some great glimpses of good stuff there. He also had some great matches with a face CM Punk in this period, so there's hope for him and Punk going into Mania yet but, generally i'm not a big fan and am very much of the opinion of NEWM here. Not as good as he and others think. Stupid hair, crappy offense. His current return has thus far been utterly worthless. Massive amounts of TV time have been wasted, really wasted on it. Currently, i could not care any less for him.

What do you think?

He can have some more on other TV.

Less of the shit he's come back with. Less, just less.

Sheamus

Do you like him?

Meh, yeah.

Why?

He's alright Sheamus ain't he? But... he needs something else. His big WrestleMania ride is pretty rubbish so far.

Not desperately.

More. But more reason to go with it.

Less Smiley-jokey. Less ancestor gags. Less shit hair and even less of shit neat and tidy beard. Less shit nicknames like Great White. More Irish/British lingo. More barbaric beatings. More of a manic hairstyle and longer, manic, messy beard ( I like messy beards). More cool nicknames like 'Celtic Warrior' and more being presented like a barbaric, manic, celtic warrior.

I was going to post a proper response to this, but after reading my kindred NEWM's post, there's no point. It'd be largely a repeat post. I differ from him in that I don't like The Rock (although I'd still pay to see him), I like CM Punk, and I love Sheamus... Though I wholeheartedly agree with what NEWM wrote about all three of them, really, apart from the "Do you like them?" bits.

I feel a bit bad about being bored by Randy Orton, but I usually am. Now and again, I'll get into his matches, but almost never get interested in his storylines (which stops me getting into most of his matches). Listening to an interview with an ex-writer the other day, they were saying how in meetings they'd suggest more Austin-like stuff involving vehicles and props for him, and it'd always get shot down. But I think he could really do with it, because Orton's not the sort of performer that can talk too many people into the building. And as a character, he's not at all sympathetic, he's not a wise-cracker and he's not really bad-ass enough to make up for it.

Definitely agree with this bit of purple's Sheamus appraisal too:

Less ancestor gags.

It's come across forced and crap every time he's done a "me mad uncle Finbar..." story.

• Paid Members
I was going to post a proper response to this, but after reading my kindred NEWM's post, there's no point. It'd be largely a repeat post.

Same here, but with ShortOrderCook- completely echoed EVERYTHING I feel about those guys.

Especially where he said for years Orton sat in that category with Big Dave about being someone he couldn't give a shit about. Orton made me interested in him after his excellent in-ring work 2011, plus he finally found a way to adapt his character effectively as a face. And funnily enough, though I'd never liked him before, part of me would love to see Big Dave back. Probably due to current lack of star power.

John Cena

Do you like him? Yeah

Why? I dunno have always liked him since the year dot and his Smackdown debut. Mind you I didnt watch wrestling properly for a bit in the mid 2000's so I probably missed something on that score. However, can wrestle, when not involved in stupid storylines or saying stupid things as part of those storylines I enjoy what he brings to the table

Would you pay your money to see him? Yes I probably would

Does he deserve more or less TV time? About right

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less pandering to 'all aspects' of the crowd. I know he has to appeal to everyone, but the way some of the stuff gets shoe horned in, it just gets lost on everyone, including those that whatever he is saying or doing is aimed at to the detriment of his character. I feel that in the build up to the Rock vs Cena match, he has lost something, not just being involved in the utterly shite Kane angle, but, its like he is being held back as to not upstage The Rock, and considering this is currently the top guy in the company, then it feels a bit, backwards

The Rock

Do you like him? No, not really

Why? I never have, the catchphrase's and so on never really connected. He just doesnt do it for me. I havent followed his career from Blue Chipper all the way to now, just happened across him at the end of the Attitude Era and then the descent into the same 6 moves, before fucking off to the Scorpion King or the Mummy 2 or whatever it was. I watched then coming back as a heel, and then fucking off for good, only to come back now when the ratings are in the shitter to really save the company, as opposed to someone else further on down the list. Dont get me wrong, I know he is a superstar, and people deservingly treat him as one. I just dont like the bloke in the ring or out of it and the Survivor Series stuff etc, bored me to tears. Oddly given the build up. Im not looking forward to the WM match after the piss poor showing last year and that may have further added to the slump

Would you pay your money to see him? Yes, he is a superstar, would be good to see him, even if I dont particularly like him

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More in terms of build up to WM, less overall because its not a full time fix

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Pick something, and stick with it, pre tapes, part matches, and what people would call a slow burning feud with Cena to stretch it out over a year. Shite I call it. If he was to come back fulltime as per many fantasy wishlists, what would he do? He has been protected something chronic thus far, and much like the UT's streak, who would get a rub in beating him. Because he is such a step above over the current lot in general. Bringing him back as a more regular thing is either going to make the others look shit, see Miz/R Truth or eventually devalue his own worth, ala Jericho

Jeff Hardy

Do you like him? Yup

Why? I dunno, because, always have since the Hardy Boys way back when. I guess he is different in that he does take some mental risk's but can wrestle when applied to it. He has had some corkers over time, that I really really enjoy, I dont really get on with the whole face painty stuff, or the rambling promos or whatever, but it is something that makes him stand out in an era which has a lot of odentikit wrestlers

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Not been following TNA as much as I should recently so not sure

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Id like to see him back in WWE, as would add something different to the product to mix it up a bit, failing that continuing to rebuild his career after the issues last year. I suspect that toning down his highrisk and changing his style slightly might help him stay on top in the long run.

CM Punk

Do you like him? Yes

Why? I dunno, he had 'it' He was liquid gold last summer and wrestles well, has a superstar aura about him and speaks his mind, okay he isnt shouting in your face all the time and no one is really sure if he is meant to be face or heel but thats possibly more to do with being booked awfully. Okay there is some blame from Punk as well, but to go from on the verge of megastardom, to being sucked back into the pack, because of other things, despite being champion, really isnt doing him any favours.

Would you pay your money to see him? Yes

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Better TV time, better planning from the bookers, rather than being treated like an after thought.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? See above, other than that. Im not sure whatelse he can do

Randy Orton

Do you like him? No

Why? He bores me, he is boring, much as I have taken interest in his feuds at various points, he just doesnt appeal whatsoever, and highlights how blandness and repetition are order of the day at the moment. RKO from anywhere and that horribly convoluted DDT on the ropes spot dont help

Would you pay your money to see him? No

Does he deserve more or less TV time? less

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Id like to see him given something else to do. Stuff with the Punts to the head was good, but now is being positioned as great, but gets lost in the mix sometimes

Daniel Bryan

Do you like him? Yeah he is okay

Why? He is doing something different I guess which helps him to stand out from the crowd

Does he deserve more or less TV time? About right now

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Not sure

Bully Ray

Do you like him? Yes

Why? Phenomenal Heel, very funny,in the right kind of way as well, offers alot in the ring as well

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More TV time

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Id like to see him win a major title and see what he could do with it, would certainly be interesting finding out if he could carry the ball at the top rather than at the moment be the nearly man

Chris Jericho

Do you like him? I used to, not anymore

Why? Well, his wings have been clipped, either by the bookers or himself as he gets older, feuds with Shawn Michaels etc in his last run were great, and then there was the whole Undisputed stuff that could have been excellent as well. This comeback is dull as dishwater and the whole non speaking, end of the world bollocks went nowhere quickly and was a load of tosh, He is just another guy who is there now

Would you pay your money to see him? No, probably not

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More, if somehow WWE were to remember the vignettes and intros etc rather than casting him in to the wilderness

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More of what was promised on the vignettes /debut, less of being lost in the pack, being poorly booked ala the Rumble etc

Sheamus

Do you like him? Yeah he is alright

Why? I dunno, could end up like a face version of Mark Henry, as in beating the crap out of all and sundry, but in a good way. Comes across in a good manner, is good on the mic. Has to do something this time with his run after the Rumble, but I fear is being sidelined because of the Cena Rock stuff as is much of the promotion and it's hurting those who could make a step up because it's not giving them a chance to do something with it

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More kicking crap out of people, higher profile and give meaning to the fact that he won the rumble rather than being treated as an afterthought

• Paid Members

John Cena

Do you like him? No.

Why? I can't get behind him because it's just so inevitable that he will win. Deeper than that though, he never seems to give you a reason to think otherwise beforehand. The week after Kane came back, Cena's first reaction promo on the next Raw was the usual all-smiling, wise-cracking smarminess. I can't stand the way he dresses and although I can't fault the structure in his matches, the execution of basically everything he does annoys the fuck out of me.

Would you pay your money to see him? I'm actually not sure. I am going to Mania this year purely to see The Rock but not sure if it would feel as good if it was anyone but Cena he was facing. I mean it really couldn't be anyone else.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I've been happy with the amount he's on screen lately although I tend to skip through his segments for the most part. I'm sure after Monday I will think of the present as the good old days.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Dress less like Bart Simpson. The whole childish demeanour really. A man wishes to hurt you. Pretend for one second that you are concerned about this!

The Rock

Do you like him? I fucking bum him.

Why? He's just got "it".

Would you pay your money to see him? Absolutely.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? When he appears on Raw they could just dedicate the whole show to him as far as I'm concerned. It's good that they are still treated as a special event though. So not every week (apart from the runup to WM obviously).

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less Twitter pandering?

Jeff Hardy

Do you like him? No.

Why? For me, he just looks like he couldn't give a shit and he's only around because his art and music won't keep him in the lifestyle he's used to. It's also 12 years since The Hardy Boys peaked and he hasn't changed the act at all besides adding facepaint.

Would you pay your money to see him? Never.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Less. So much less.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More prison time. Less wrestling.

CM Punk

Do you like him? I don't know any more. I don't dislike him.

Why? It's hard to say if he couldn't carry the ball or if he was sabotaged by shit, rushed booking. Either way, he seemed to have the world at his feet just a few months ago and now I have to remind myself that he's the champion. I also agree with that statement about him thinking fans are all cunts.

Would you pay your money to see him? Under the right circumstances, yes.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More. I'm not sure what you would do with it mind.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? He's another that's a bit too smarmy. He's gone from fighting for a fair shot to trying to be the rebel they want to hold down and coming across as an obnoxious teenager disobeying his stepdad.

Bobby Roode

Do you like him? Yes

Why? He's a grafter, he looks like a champion, he's talented and he's a breath of fresh air.

Would you pay your money to see him? Not yet.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More. He's at a place where he could easily slip back down the card like Samoe Joe has before him. They need to commit to this and cement him as a major player.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Get more clean wins over established guys.

James Storm

Do you like him? Not really.

Why? I can only think it's because of his look. Not for me.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I'd be sad to see him get less because he's another grafter that could go places.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Sort the image out. Slowly climb the ranks for a big run with Roode

Randy Orton

Do you like him? No

Why? Boring. He's not the star or the talent WWE think he is for my money.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I'd say more but do something interesting with him. Turn him heel for one thing because he's just more believable as a bastard.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? I hear it's some kind of over-reaction to being told to show more personality but less funny faces please.

Sting

Do you like him? Love him

Why? He seems to have a renewed passion lately. I find him funny, interesting and effective in his current role. Very much enjoying him lately.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? It seems about right for now since he's not doing a great deal of wrestling but he carries the storylines well in the narrative role he's playing.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? More wrestling. He can still go but he doesn't have too many years left in him.

Daniel Bryan

Do you like him? So much love.

Why? He's worked so hard to get where he is right now and I hope it continues. I honestly thought he would fail with the MITB case and after that I thought he would lose the title in a flash. I hope he makes it to mania with the title because his run has been fantastic for me. He's not being portrayed as weak the way Mysterio was. He's cowardly and manipulative and he's effing perfect at it.

Would you pay your money to see him? Absolutely.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More. He should be swaggering around backstage telling people how much better than them he is.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less of the Michael Cole feud. It just went mental last week really. I could imagine people being very easily confused about how they should be reacting to him. Cole is a heel so should be endorsing the weasley heel champ. Simple. It should never be more important to keep a fucking commentator's gimmick over at the expense of the champion. Besides, is there anything more cuntish than a colour commentator switching sides and backing someone for being a cunt?

Bully Ray

Do you like him? Yes.

Why? I've always had a soft spot for Ray and he's been totally re-born in a way I never thought possible at this stage of his career. He's in the best shape of his life, His interviews are brilliant and he knows his character.

Would you pay your money to see him? Probably not but I enjoy watching him on TV.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More. Mainly more of him and Steiner backstage but his matches are a lot better these days too.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? I'm not into the look at all. The mohawk/sideburns, the street clothes... Doesn't do it for me at all. That said, he's clearly not a tights and boots guy so I don't know what you would do with that.

Chris Jericho

Do you like him? Only just.

Why? He over-rates himself massively. He's an upper mid-carder at his best and that was a good while ago now. He's in a limbo where he's not current but not nostalgic. I'm still a fan but he's clearly dated and I think he's playing an overly intricate gimmick that only he understands and was probably expecting a lot more TV time in which to explain it.

Would you pay your money to see him? If he did an indy tour over here I would. He wouldn't sell me a WWE or TNA ticket as a headliner though.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Less. Or stick him on a commentary desk and see how that works.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? When I really think about it, I would like to see him feud with a guy who needs the rub. If a successful run over Jericho won't get the Alex Rileys of the world over then nothing will really. He shouldn't be in main events any more though.

Sheamus

Do you like him? I do like him

Why? I was going off him as a heel but the turn did him a world of good. He's different and draws the eye. Totally the right man to win the rumble.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I think he gets a fair share.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Hard to say at this point as he seems to be on the brink of big things.

• Paid Members

John Cena

Do you like him? Yes and no.

Why? Sometimes he'll come across as the most likeable bloke in the world, and an uber-sympathetic babyface (like in that Nexus angle). But there are times when his shit jokes, inane grinning and fake shouty promos annoy me.

Would you pay your money to see him? Why, yes.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I agree that he's about spot on.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? See 'Why?'.

The Rock

Do you like him? Aye.

Why? He's the bloke that made WWF cool again (for me) and still, kinda, does.

Would you pay your money to see him? Twice on Sunday.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I'd love him to get more TV time, but it all depends on the material. Each return has got shitter and less special.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? NEWM is spot on. Less smiley Rock - spending twenty five minutes basically trying to get every catchphrase over so you by his shit. More 'wrestler' Rock, like the ones we have seen in those videos he did against Cena, last year.

Jeff Hardy

Do you like him? Yes.

Why? It's the underdog thing. He doesn't come across like a phoney too.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? I don't really watch much TNA, so who knows.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less bad behaviour and he needs to get his arse back to WWE.

CM Punk

Do you like him? Yes and no.

Why? His promos are a mixed bag, he can be worse than Cena at times. When he's 'on' he is one of the best going, daddy.

Would you pay your money to see him? Aye.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? He's about right.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less shit jokes and grinning. I think he's a better heel - he's too much of a cunt to be a WWE PG babyface main eventer. If he isn't allowed to be the 'babyface' he was in the Summer, then meh.

Bobby Roode

Do you like him? Yes

Why? Looks, walks, talks and wrestles like he's a big deal. Great all-rounder.

Would you pay your money to see him? Unsure.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? See Jeff Hardy.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Don't watch enough TNA to know. WWE?

James Storm

Do you like him? Not sure I do, actually.

Why? He's a great talker and that, but he seems a bit 'midcarder' for me.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? ...

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Not sure, maybe he needs to change up his ring gear.

Randy Orton

Do you like him? Kinda.

Why? Orton is an incredible worker, amazing. BUT he's a dull promo.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? He needs to change up his character a bit, he's getting a bit stale. It's a shame he can't talk well, as he has everything else. He's only interesting when he has a great talker to do that for him (like CM Punk at last years 'Mania or Cena).

Sting

Do you like him? I bum him.

Why? It's the Stinger. Childhood hero and the soundest man in wrestling.

Would you pay your money to see him? ...

Does he deserve more or less TV time? More, probably.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? I usually catch the occasional Sting segment on Youtube, just to see what he's up to. He's doing great, he even got "Ta ta, for now" over.

Daniel Bryan

Do you like him? He's great.

Why? Clever worker and mazey promo.

Would you pay your money to see him? Yes. Against Orton.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? His act is perfect, right now. He's the best heel they've had for ages (aye, Mark Henry was great but Bryan is a right twat). They're even starting to address the Cole thing.

Chris Jericho

Do you like him? Yes.

Why? When he isn't having shite re-re-debuts, he's actually a solid hand.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? About right, again.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Like Daz, I feel smug that his debut went nowhere (as I maintained it was shite) and all it has served to do is lessen his star power. He's just another dude now. He needs to get cooking and try to stand out again.

Sheamus

Do you like him? Yes/no.

Why? He's got potential, but WWE aren't helping.

Does he deserve more or less TV time? Only if his midcard feuds turn into squashes.

What would you like to see him do more/less of? Less smiling and more arse kicking, fella.

Fuck me.

Archived