Sign in to follow this  
Joey Joe Joe Jr

Podcast Recommendations

14 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

@Hannibal Scorch Talk Shite has plenty of content of the pod variety.

I had no idea they did original podcasts. Most stations just do highlights of their shows. 

12 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I just recorded a podcast with Sam Delaney. He was an absolutely delight I must say, and as a fan of TFTM I was worried, but he was great. And I’m still buzzing

Did you manage to get a word in? I stopped listening to TFTM when it turned into the Sam Delaney show. 

12 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Did you manage to get a word in? I stopped listening to TFTM when it turned into the Sam Delaney show. 

That’s a good sum up. But I expected him to. He was my guest so I asked the questions and let him answer. That said I think I got more words in then Dawson does. There is a reason why he is the side kick on two comedy podcasts. Because he is funny but he’s better when he’s got someone leading.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

Because it's illegal for bearded white men not to have one, I just launched my first podcast, You Are Haunted.

"...writer & Fortean curator, Stuart Millard, shares listener-submitted and definitely true ghost stories and paranormal experiences."

Here's the first episode, if you're looking for a 20-minute distraction from apocalypse anxiety.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nu9ru-d6c099

Enjoyed this! Your voice definitely does not sound how I imagined it would, but Ian is right, you've got a good voice for podcasting!

On 3/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

Because it's illegal for bearded white men not to have one, I just launched my first podcast, You Are Haunted.

"...writer & Fortean curator, Stuart Millard, shares listener-submitted and definitely true ghost stories and paranormal experiences."

Here's the first episode, if you're looking for a 20-minute distraction from apocalypse anxiety.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nu9ru-d6c099

Episode 2 is now up for the smelly general public like yourselves: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-v8t42-da2b5e

Additionally, for anyone here who's submitted their own show to Apple Podcasts, do you have to have iTunes installed? I've no Apple devices and never used iTunes, so just registered an Apple id for the first time to submit mine, but I'm caught in a loop of help pages, where it seems like I need an iTunes Store id too (ie, download their software and give them my credit card info) before I can do it. Is there any way round this?

Cum Town is the best podcast of all time. Here is a taste of the riches therein. 

1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Episode 2 is now up for the smelly general public like yourselves: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-v8t42-da2b5e

Additionally, for anyone here who's submitted their own show to Apple Podcasts, do you have to have iTunes installed? I've no Apple devices and never used iTunes, so just registered an Apple id for the first time to submit mine, but I'm caught in a loop of help pages, where it seems like I need an iTunes Store id too (ie, download their software and give them my credit card info) before I can do it. Is there any way round this?

It does look like you will need that too. You won’t need to buy anything at any point, but by the looks of things you will need to register. Mine went up easily enough when I launched mine but I’d bought something on iTunes years earlier so was already registered

16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It does look like you will need that too. You won’t need to buy anything at any point, but by the looks of things you will need to register. Mine went up easily enough when I launched mine but I’d bought something on iTunes years earlier so was already registered

Well, that's a pain in the arse. I'll have to do it at some point, as they've pretty much got the monopoly if you want people to find your show, but I'll get a few more episodes in the can first. Cheers.

What's everyone listening to during lockdown?

If you're a bit of a ponce (like I am) the always-excellent Frank Skinner has started a poetry podcast (originally enough called Frank Skinner's Poetry Podcast). Only 2 episodes in so far but enjoyable enough.

In addition to that I'm listening to Kermode and Mayo (out of habit more than enjoyment, really), Empire Film, Pilot TV, AEW Unrestricted and a new movie club podcast called It's The Pictures That Got Small.

If anyone's got any recommendations for recent true crime podcasts I'd love to hear them too.

25 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

If anyone's got any recommendations for recent true crime podcasts I'd love to hear them too.

Monster: DC Sniper is a great one all about the Washington DC sniper attacks in 2002.

The Nobody Zone about an Irishman called Keiran Kelly who admitted to killing a bunch of people in London between 60s-80s. I really enjoyed this one. Has a much more laid back tone compared to most true crime podcasts.

They're recent ones. Others from last year I enjoyed are The Shrink Next Door (I think that's being turned into a movie with Will Farrell and Paul Rudd), The Score: Bank Robber Diaries, The Missing Cryptoqueen, The Clearing and Man In The Window: The Golden State Killer.

Other non-true crime stuff I've been enjoying lately:

My Mate Bought a Toaster - Comedian Tom Price trawls through the Amazon purchase history of a variety of comedians. Brilliant idea for a podcast.

Grounded with Louis Theroux - Another of those celebrity chatting with celebrity one. Only one episode so far with Jon Ronson

James Acaster's Perfect Sounds - a kind of spin off from his book, Perfect Sounds Whatever, where each week he gives his guest one of his favourite records from 2016 and they discuss it.

Brett Goldstein's Films To Be Buried With is always a great listen as well regardless of the guest.