Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

• Paid Members

On the off chance there are any other Columbo fans on here, two Scottish guys produce The Columbo Podcast which is a fun listen. It's basically a no frills episode by episode review of the entire run with the concept being one of them is a huge Columbo fan and has seen the all before, and the other is watching them all for the first time. Would definitely recommend.

Regularly listen to this, I also recommend. Really easy listening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Apologies if it's already been mentioned in here, but I've recently discovered the podcast The Worst Idea Of All Time, in which two comedians from New Zealand watch Grown Ups 2 every week for a year. It's from 2014, which shows how behind I am in the world, and I think they followed it up with a similar project for Sex And The City 2, but if you're like me and hadn't heard of it, it's a good listen, very entertaining, and it works even better when you haven't seen Grown Ups 2!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

That sounds fab.

I'm currently enjoying :

* all the Adnan Syed hearing fallout from Serial and Undisclosed. No closer to resolution, but fascinating.

* Penn's Sunday School. Penn Jilette sure can tell a story. Sounds like he has a great life.

* Limetown. I'm just getting into fictional podcasts. This is a "found footage" Scooby Doo mystery that works really well audio only.

Oh and Rey_Piste - that Ray Peacock one is harrowing. And when he (justifiably) calls out the audience member interrupting him it's grippingly uncomfortable.

Edited by Onyx2

Can anyone reccomend me some funny video game podcasts? I basically seem to be looking for the Attitude Era or New Gen Podcast of video games.

I've tried Cane & Rinse and Retronauts and they're both unbearable and make me hate gamers. Stuffy old blokes sitting around mumbling "yeah that was a great piece of software" to themselves seemingly allergic to humour and sometimes apologetic for it.

It's like there is no audience and they just happened to start recording a chat in the back room after a game of Magic: The Gathering.