Episode 6 - Mad Man Manson
Episode 5 - Ringo Ryan
Episode 4 - Broadie Steele
Episode 3 - Frankie Sloan
Episode 2 - Dean Allmark
Episode 1 - Rampage Brown

Upcoming episodes: Marty Jones, TNA's Bram, Greg Burridge, PN Newz, Kris Travis

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have only just discovered The Cinema Swirl podcast and it's amazing. Kefin who co hosts The Attitude Era Podcast, and his friend Sam, who hasn't seen any films watch modern classics and have a chat.

Both likeable guys, pretty funny and a novel twist on the cinema podcast.

I know this is an old thread, but I have only just discovered The Cinema Swirl podcast and it's amazing. Kefin who co hosts The Attitude Era Podcast, and his friend Sam, who hasn't seen any films watch modern classics and have a chat.

Yeah, been a fan of it from the start, the Commando episode in particular is great. Kevin Is still a tad unbearable at times and nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is

• Paid Members

I enjoy Cinema Swirl and have it on my podcast app, but I'm just not arsed catching up with it. I really enjoy Kevin Mahon on the AE Podcast,b ut he can almost unbearable on Cinema Swirl. Good concept though.

Everyone needs to listen to Thinking Sideways. Lovely mystery based podcast. Keeps me sane in the nightshifts.

I think Adnan probably did it, but didn't get a fair trial. Listening to a lot of things like True Murder where they interview a true crime author on a book each week has really opened my eyes to some of the corruption and completely broken justice system they have in the US.

Sword and Scale is definitely one that should be checked out as well, tells a a dark true crime story or has a theme every couple weeks and it plays out via clips of interviews, 911 calls, court proceedings, etc. It can be pretty hard to listen to when you're hearing a child sex predator give a tell all interview but it is a great insight into the dark twisted minds of killers and criminals.

Edited by HeavyT

Yeah, been a fan of it from the start, the Commando episode in particular is great. Kevin Is still a tad unbearable at times and nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is

Yeah just finished that one, it was excellent...Chenny!!!

A couple of other excellent cinema related podcasts I'm in to, are The Canon, 2x film critics decide on whether a classic film really is a classic, Amy Nicholson in particular, LA Times critic is excellent, and has a lovely accent, and I Was There Too, where minor players in films recount their experience on set.

I've started listening to the Harmontown podcasts, I don't know if they've been mentioned before in here? Apologies if so. Basically its an improv show done by Community writer Dan Harmon and Whose Line Is It Anyway?'s Jeff Davis with special appearances from comedians in some eps. It starts just after he was sacked from Community and basically just riffs on different topics and also has now started randomly playing D and D each week. Top stuff so far, i've looked and there is eps including Robin Williams and Graham Linehan coming up for me to listen to which will be cool. 

I've started listening to the Harmontown podcasts, I don't know if they've been mentioned before in here? Apologies if so. Basically its an improv show done by Community writer Dan Harmon and Whose Line Is It Anyway?'s Jeff Davis with special appearances from comedians in some eps. It starts just after he was sacked from Community and basically just riffs on different topics and also has now started randomly playing D and D each week. Top stuff so far, i've looked and there is eps including Robin Williams and Graham Linehan coming up for me to listen to which will be cool.

Thanks, I'll check that out. Not sure if anyone's given this a bash, but sounds intriguing so I want to know whether to bother. It's called The Worst Idea ever, and these 2 dudes review the same film every week (Grown Ups 2). Sounds like it could be fun, any listeners?

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Has anybody listened to 'We're Alive'? It's a four season zombie apocalypse style radio play. Each season has twelve 1 hour chapters, split into average 20 minute segments. Perfect night shift entertainment. Highly recommended, it's terribly addictive.

For those into comic book movies, I'd highley recommend "The Weekly Planet", which is a comic book/comic book movie/action movie podcast hosted by two Aussie blokes that is very funny. they've just done their 100th episode as well !

Give them a search on Itunes and it should pop up.

For anyone that is into their football and has exhaused the cheeky chappy banter style shows (The Ramble, Flush etc) I have discovered some excellent podcasts focused on more documentary style football issues and news.

The Blizzard (anyone that has read this magazine knows what they're getting into), but for the unitiated, The Blizzard is a football quarterly written by top journalists such as Jonathan Wilson and the episodes are articles from the magazine.

Beyond The Pitch-articles and news from around the world

Covering Futbol-Interviewing journalists that cover Spanish football

BBC World Football-pretty self explanatory

The best though, the absolute must for any football fan is The Big Interview with Graham Hunter. The episodes with Gary Neville and the two parter with David Moyes are must listens.

Couple more that I have been enjoying: Hip Hop Saved My Life with Romesh Ranganathan; Common Sense and Hardcore History by Dan Carlin; Sitcom Geeks (2x writers discuss the difficulties of writing a sitcom, and interview other writers.

Hope this helps someone looking for something new.

• 2 months later...