Human Medical Trials

CorpRobinson

Well ive had a long hard think and just applied for two Medical Trials in my local area :

Cold and Flu Vaccine & Sleep Trials

What are peoples thoughts would everyone else do the same for the cash and easyness of the role ?

People had any views or been in the past ?

Im not that hard up, aslong as i dont receive a third eye or loose of limbs then im happy and it seems really good and informative i will see and keep everyone posted !

• Paid Members

If it's sleep trials & stuff like that I'd do it but fuck doing the ones where they lop your toe off & try sticking it back on again or taking some drug in it's early stages.

I work in pharmaceuticals & some of the recall notices I see on a daily basis are pretty worrying & that's for fully approved drugs. I dread to think of the risks with first-stage trials.

• Paid Members

My girlfriend took part in one once, it went well. It was purely a memory based research thing and a xray of the brain... she did it as a student and got 30 quid.

The in 2006 i remember reading about this in the paper, and it was also on the news:

medical trial nasty - bbc

I wont lie, it did put me off.

I applied for clinical trials for 'something' whilst at uni, it was based in Crewe and they would pay something ridiculous like 40 quid per day, expenses and travel in order to do it. Being broke I gave it a go, but after some interviewing I was deemed incompatible for the trials. Was bastard gutted, because I needed the cash, not because it may cause long term health issues

• Paid Members
My girlfriend took part in one once, it went well. It was purely a memory based research thing and a xray of the brain... she did it as a student and got 30 quid.

The in 2006 i remember reading about this in the paper, and it was also on the news:

medical trial nasty - bbc

I wont lie, it did put me off.

Yeah, I remember that mess. That, and Firestarter, put me off the idea.

• Paid Members

My dad does loads of these for free. He had a bad stroke 5 years ago, and voulenteers for anything in the hope that he will start getting what resembles a normal life back again.

The positive thing is that he's had

• Paid Members

My girlfriend took part in one once, it went well. It was purely a memory based research thing and a xray of the brain... she did it as a student and got 30 quid.The in 2006 i remember reading about this in the paper, and it was also on the news:medical trial nasty - bbcI wont lie, it did put me off.

Yeah, I remember that mess. That, and Firestarter, put me off the idea.
I was actually looking into doing one when this hit the news, and needless to say, I abandoned the idea pretty quickly. Frank Zappa's Dad used to do them, pointless bollocks trivia fans.

Archived