WWE Wrestlefest Iphone App

xear

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Stars was class, best wrestling game in years but this looks shite. Did a 10 year old draw those sprites as they are god ugly.

Allstars had an incredible look, but played too much like a fight game for me. If they took out the OTT aspect of it and replaced it with more realism, it could have been a modern day No Mercy.

THQ do a lot right, but get it so wrong

Sorry DD but that's a really really daft statement to make. All Stars was *designed* to play like an OTT fight game. That was their exact goal and they delivered. I can't wait to see if we get a sequel with a tightened up engine.

THQ do make a lot of mis-steps but All-Stars was spot on. I just hope the companies financial troubles don't signal the end of titles like this.

All Stars was class, best wrestling game in years but this looks shite. Did a 10 year old draw those sprites as they are god ugly.

Allstars had an incredible look, but played too much like a fight game for me. If they took out the OTT aspect of it and replaced it with more realism, it could have been a modern day No Mercy.

Sorry DD but that's a really really daft statement to make. All Stars was *designed* to play like an OTT fight game. That was their exact goal and they delivered. I can't wait to see if we get a sequel with a tightened up engine.

THQ do make a lot of mis-steps but All-Stars was spot on. I just hope the companies financial troubles don't signal the end of titles like this.

good to hear you got what you were looking from the game MM, it's always nice to see a company succeed in that way

Well it's been released.

There's a free lite version, which I wish I had tried first before parting with my 2 quid. It's in no way a terrible game but it's missing the magic of the original.

The roster is very weak, and the graphics feel very small.

Cheers

John m

• Awards Moderator

good to hear you got what you were looking from the game MM, it's always nice to see a company succeed in that way

I love All Stars as well, my favourite wrestling game for years and years. I wanted a nice, pick up and play, fun game, and that's exactly what I got. Liked the OTT stuff as well, and really really hope they do a sequel.

• Paid Members

Best wrestling game in years? All stars is a lazy re-badge of a old game just like this 1, The wrestling game they based it on is still much better then All stars.

Best wrestling game in years? All stars is a lazy re-badge of a old game just like this 1, The wrestling game they based it on is still much better then All stars.

If you mean the Ultimate Muscle game then i disagree, All Stars was a much tighter game and much more fun even if it did lack Kevin Mask.

• Paid Members

If you mean the Ultimate Muscle game then i disagree, All Stars was a much tighter game and much more fun even if it did lack Kevin Mask.

How was it tighter? they took LOADS out of the Ultimate Muscle game. There are connection issues where moves ghost threw people that never happened in UM, more match types in UM even, UM was by far the tighter game the only way it can be considered a more fun game is because it has a WWE roster, everything else was just not as quick or responsive as the UM game.

Wwe all-stars was similar to tna impact it took some bits out from the Legends of Wrestling control system while injected with a crate full of steroids. While this sounds a disaster it was THQ actually released something that was jolly good fun (which mattered) it missed some fun bits like a royal rumble mode but it was excusable.

But with Wrestlefest - too many cooks spoilt the broth with this one even with the low price tag.

Played it earlier, its an horrific 'game'. Just screen mashing until you tire your opponent out before he tires you out.

That's all WrestleFest would ever be in singles matches though. That's why the arcade game only had rumble and tag, I assume. To keep it interesting despite only having one button for moves.

An odd thing about the game is that Justin Roberts is massive compared to all the wrestlers.

AmMBmLvCMAEdNAU.jpg

Archived