WWE Wrestlefest Iphone App

xear

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FIREPRO CLUB

It seems there was an annoucement video that was quickly pulled.

0.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wrestlefest remake on IOS devices (Ipad & Iphone)

Apparently the trailer showed -

The Undertaker

The Rock

Randy Orton

HBK

Sheamus

HHH

CM Punk

Rey Mysterio

Jake the Snake Roberts

Macho Man Randy Savage

Stone Cold Steve Austin

John Cena

Big Boss Man

YAY!

The guy who posted the video that had to be made private has a live stream planned for 21/02 where he will be playing the new game. I am absolutely stoked that it's Wrestlefest, remade with a current/classic roster (perhaps too much to hope for that we'll get the classic version as an option/unlockable feature..). Cannot wait to get this on my ipad. Here's hoping for post release support with additional characters (and of course I'll still hold out for an XBLA release too).

I really want them to have the Legion of Doom backstage section that was on the original.

Also, the pictures have to appear in the top corner when the entrants come out in the Rumble.

Earthquake and Mr Perfect would be good too.

• Paid Members

Dont want to sound like a miserable cunt (I do really), but this is my equivalent of a new Rolling Stones album. I liked WrestleFest because of the characters from the time period, mashing buttons in the Seaburn Amusements and the fact that I was 8 when this was all happening. A 2012 version of WrestleFest makes me sad.

Are those screenshots/pulled trailer definitely from an official project and not the rumoured fan-remake of Wrestlefest that WWE shut down a few months back?

yeah, the fan remake didn't get past the initial stages and the graphics were just going to be a straight port from the arcade version.

Ah, cheers. I hope they do a PSN version of it, I fucking hate the touchscreen controls on iPads and iPhones. I'll still get it, though. I haven't even got one, either. I'll play it on my girlfriend's. They can get Stephen Hawking to do Hawk's voiceovers, like he did on the original.

Dont want to sound like a miserable cunt (I do really), but this is my equivalent of a new Rolling Stones album. I liked WrestleFest because of the characters from the time period, mashing buttons in the Seaburn Amusements and the fact that I was 8 when this was all happening. A 2012 version of WrestleFest makes me sad.

I can't remember seeing WrestleFest in the Seaburn Amusements, maybe slightly before my time. But they did have it at the Bowling Alley on Newcastle Road up until about 2003 because they couldn't afford new games, wish I knew where they got rid of it.

• Paid Members

They had it all over Sunderland and Shields back in the early 90s. WrestleFest, the Terminator game with the gun and this Turtles machine I cant remember the name of seemed to be everywhere. Shields also had WWF Superstars in (the one with Andre and Honky Tonk), but I only remember playing that once or twice. The Bowling Alley in Sunderland still has an Arcade machine in (last time I was in), which features a Mr. T and Hulk Hogan rip off walking through streets giving people good kickings.

I'll never forget going to Blackpool in 1993. It was like WWF Axxess came to the UK. There was wrestling stuff everywhere. The WrestleMania album just came out, the figures were still everywhere, they were selling knockoff caps and shirts. My Mam took me and my cousin to this big fun house thing, with ball pools, bouncy castles and all kinds of shit knocking about. On the wall was a framed picture of Davey Boy Smith, Hulk Hogan and some old bloke wearing tracksuit bottoms. Even since I've wondered who this old bloke was.

Archived