Raw 13th February Discussion

iamtheman

WWFHS1-001L.JPG

I have that one, but longtime readers will remember that he fell off the top of the tv and lost a finger. There was a thread about it on here.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I bet you went nuts for the Hogan with no top on though! I was jealous when my mate got it.

I'll not lie. I'll never forget opening up a WWF magazine when Hogan wasnt even in the WWF anymore and there was a big two page advert in it, with the Undertaker standing over the new Hasbro line. I had to get shirtless Hogan and suitless Ted DiBiase to recreate some half naked battles from late 80s house shows. From that line, I think got Tatanka, IRS and a few others. And Crush of course. You had to get Crush.

They should recreate that Undertaker advert, but have him smashing all the new figures to further destroy the brand (see how I got that back on topic?)

I bet you went nuts for the Hogan with no top on though! I was jealous when my mate got it.

I've always wondered if that Hogan figure was a conscious decision post-steroid scandal. I realise Hasbro just re-used the same moulds so Hogan was always going to look like that when using that mould for the release, but it just looks so small (and pale) compared to the previous Hogan figures:

WWFHS1-001L.JPG

Hulk3.jpg

fkv39e.jpg

• Paid Members

Hasbro made zero conscious decisions, though. Hasbro used to just go "pass my that body, we'll stick Hogan's head on it". I never really noticed Hogan's lack of physique on that figure before, so it does tie in. But they did release another Hogan around the same time with the same body as the Hulk Plex figure, so its probably just laziness on Hasbros part more than anything.

I got the impression that he's removing all that was once recognisable from the "brand" Triple H is eager to protect. Either way, there's about six weeks left to go, so an angle like that for me is perfect to have early on in the feud. Maybe we'll see a different Undertaker soon? If Triple H is not fighting him because he wants to protect the Undertaker brand, Undertaker might get rid of the Undertaker character and fight him man on man.

Have to say that this thought had not occurred to me but would actually be a great thing to do, storyline wise.

HHH, HBK and Undertaker [albeit in a cameo role] were great and WWE does this kind of stuff really well. I look forward to the next several weeks of Raw to see what finally makes HHH accept the match.

Great stuff.

• Paid Members
I loved the Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels angle. I just thought the delivery was world class. If you watched the opening segment and then listened to Triple H say "we are the last of the dying breed, there aren't guys like us anymore", you'd probably say "he's got a point there".

One theme that arises in Japanese drama, be it film or anime, is a character dramatically cutting off her hair. This is signals some kind of dramatic, life-altering change.

I got the impression that he's either so haunted by last years tainted victory that he's "done a Britney" or he's removing all that was once recognisable from the "brand" Triple H is eager to protect. Either way, there's about six weeks left to go, so an angle like that for me is perfect to have early on in the feud. Maybe we'll see a different Undertaker soon? If Triple H is not fighting him because he wants to protect the Undertaker brand, Undertaker might get rid of the Undertaker character and fight him man on man.

I really like the idea of him removing everything recognisable from the brand, but it didn't make sense in that video package.

It was blatantly a video package, and not something pretending to be live. So for him to do that in response to something HHH just said makes no sense.

I would like them to go down that route though, so I'm happy to ignore it. I'd just prefer, at times, not to have to actively ignore stuff in order to enjoy WWE.

• Paid Members

Very strange episode of Raw. Pretty good though. There are a few things I really hate:

* R-Truth - This just doesn't work for me. It's not funny at all. It's utterly pointless. It's typical of Wrestling to take soemthing mildly amusing like the little Jimmy gag and make it an intrinsic part of an act, thus completely killing it.

* Having the Elimination Chamberites fight each other. What the fuck is the point of having 3 of your main eventers lie down a week before the PPV? Kofi Kingston deliveres his best soundbite ever and then looks bad-ass taking out Jericho. A couple of minutes later he's a loser. Dolph Ziggler's the stupidest man alive and The Miz has no momentum whatsoever. This called for 6 squash type matches to showcase the guys. Stick a couple of them on Smackdown to spread the load. Awful booking this.

* Zack Ryder. He's fucking awful. Everything about him is forced and the colour of his hair drives me insane. Eve was absolutely right to snog another geezer. Zack is a wet sack.

Gripes aside, I did love the story progression. The Cena/Eve thing was ace. I love that they keep having Cena look utterly evil only for him to follow up with an apology and a complete refusal to alter his character. I really wanna see him turn. If they go with him being utterly dispicable to the other wrestlers and yet cutting promos and standing in front of the fans as if he's the biggest babyface ever, that would be incredible.

The crowd were great for this show. CM Punk came across as a superstar in that opening. Their response to some of HBK and Trips' lines and the Cena stuff made it all the more great. That opening was a bit of a car crash but at the end of it, Punk looked like the fucking man and Jericho got his point across so it worked. Whoever was timing the 45 seconds needs a new stopwatch. Would anyone else switch the belt to Jericho at EC and have Punk do the chasing? Perhaps have Johnny Ace screw Punk and stack the decks for WM? Oh, if Ace gets rid og Long from Smackdown, I'll love him forever.

Really enjoyed trips/HBK/Taker. Just thought HBK turned on Trips way too early. About 3 weeks worth of tension went down in 2 minutes. Loved the hair stuff. Wonder where it goes?

Orton/Big Show was cracking, aside from the botch. Orton is brilliant in every way except the promo bit. If he could talk like Steve Austin, he'd be up there with anyone from anytime. Love that Michael Cole is starting to climb up Bryan's arse. It's out of character for him to stick to the Bryan bashing. Cole would suck up big time.

Where's Brodus?

They really should not put Chris Jericho and the Miz side by side. They look like exact clones of one another. Angry little heels. Maybe they could be a new tag team and light up the tag division...wait I forgot there isnt a tag division.

• Paid Members
They really should not put Chris Jericho and the Miz side by side. They look like exact clones of one another. Angry little heels. Maybe they could be a new tag team and light up the tag division...wait I forgot there isnt a tag division.

Of course there is. It's just like that football division on the Isle Of Man (or where ever it is) where the same two teams play each other 18 times a season.

• Paid Members

Besides we all remember the short lived 'Team Jiz'

Besides we all remember the short lived 'Team Jiz'

The-Hart-Dynasty-vs-The-Miz-Chris-Jericho.jpeg

united over their mutual dislike of the big show had the one title shot and then that was it

Archived