Raw 13th February Discussion

iamtheman

• Paid Members

I saw this fucking amazing comment by someone DVDR regarding the Cena/Kane/Ryder/Eve storyline:

Ryder, meanwhile, was like the little wheelchair kid in RUMBLE IN THE BRONX, but in this version instead of helping him beat bullies, Jackie Chan locks him outside with them so he can make out with the kid's mom undisturbed.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking hell, Ryder has really pissed on their biscuits lately hasn't he. They seemed intent on pushing him to the moon a few months ago, now he's a cripple wearing a less-cool version of D-Lo Brown's chest protector while his girlfriend snogs his best mate in front of him. Honestly, I have absolutely no problem with his inclusion in this storyline, but I do have a problem with Eve. Get her the fuck out of this mess and the segments might be half decent. That last segment with Ryder and Cena was great, and Kane pushing him off the stage looked very nice, but as soon as she came out I wanted to just slap her. She didn't even look that upset that her crippled boyfriend had just been pushed off the stage in his wheelchair by the man who raped her last week.

I do fear for Ryder's health mind. Cena threw up the X sign so it must be serious.

This RAW was a tale of two stories. On one hand, you've got the great HHH/HBK segment, wheich was fantastic and both proved that they've got pretty good acting chops by wrestling standards.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes. On the other hand, you've got the Cena/Kane stuff, which is becoming more hillarious by the minute. I lost it when Ryder got injured by Kane AGAIN. What a brilliant part he's had to play in all of this. A true epic in television storyines.

The matches were all fairly decent, which made for a fairly solid RAW overall.

"Wait, what? You've had your hair cut? Fuck it then, I change my mind, I accept the challenge now." It made no sense.

Cena/Ryder/Eve was gold. The kiss in front of Ryder has redeemed the whole thing.

Michaels/HHH was alright, but I find it hard to buy their "we are serious and angry at each other!" stuff.

I've not watched the opening debates properly yet.

• Paid Members

I loved the Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels angle. I just thought the delivery was world class. If you watched the opening segment and then listened to Triple H say "we are the last of the dying breed, there aren't guys like us anymore", you'd probably say "he's got a point there".

One theme that arises in Japanese drama, be it film or anime, is a character dramatically cutting off her hair. This is signals some kind of dramatic, life-altering change.

I got the impression that he's either so haunted by last years tainted victory that he's "done a Britney" or he's removing all that was once recognisable from the "brand" Triple H is eager to protect. Either way, there's about six weeks left to go, so an angle like that for me is perfect to have early on in the feud. Maybe we'll see a different Undertaker soon? If Triple H is not fighting him because he wants to protect the Undertaker brand, Undertaker might get rid of the Undertaker character and fight him man on man.

The rest of Raw I could take or leave. Zack Ryder's bump off the stage was great though. Didn't need to see an injury angle after the TNA thing to be honest, though.

• Paid Members

Like the Undertaker's brand defacement - he needs to find Michael's old Rockers gear next, or Owen's High Energy pants and braces.

Eve... is on Kane's side.

Ryder is fucking painful - he must be pissed off, he's sliding into the Santino ghetto right now. It should be a new WWE meme, Cena should be caught by Zack doing all sorts of the wrong thing - Ryder should see him pissing and then not washing his hands, or shaking a vending machine to get multiples. Maybe he could catch him nuke boosting.

• Paid Members
I've not watched the opening debates properly yet.

Not worth your time. Nearly everybody is awkward in their delivery and features lame insults.

I'm actually glad HBK is the special referee now. If he's putting in performances like that up to 'Mania, then we're all the better for it.

Zack Ryder is the new Serg Salinas.

It would be funny if Undertaker's haircut was about trying to damage his brand. "There, now all the ringbinders at Tesco with photos of me on are out of date, you big-nosed fucker! They're gonna have to put them in the reduced aisle now." It's the only logic for the haircut that would explain Triple H being angry enough about it to fight him as well.

Ryder flying off the ramp was a highlight, but the rest of that storyline is just absurd as fuck. The big bad evil monster Kane who tried to drag Ryder to fucking Hell underneath the ring and nearly broke his back has decided he only wants to put Cena out of action for a specified amount of time so he can at least be fit and healthy for his Wrestlemana match like a caring and considerate enemy should, whilst causing a love triangle that's had Cena kissing Eve is his ULTIMATE BAD ASS act.

After last nights shenanigans, the angle has just become very very entertaining for all of the wrong reasons to me because I want to see if this thing can get any stupider.

• Paid Members

Yeah that thought occurred to me too. silly as it would be I can see them going down that road. Though if Kane amassed an army of haters, and starting bringing hate to everyone I might enjoy that. Might being the operative word.

It writes itself. Undertaker running around sabotaging his own image. Next week on Raw, he could threaten Triple H with telling everyone he hasn't really got magic powers. "It's just some bloke backstage pressing buttons. The cabin was a show home as well."

An interview with a man from WWE Shop, saying people have been sending their Undertaker gnomes back wanting refunds because he's not as good as he used to be. That can push Triple H over the edge. "We're out the cost of postage on all them now!" And then he tells the man to get him a sledgehammer out the warehouse, and tells baldy it's on for WrestleMania.

• Paid Members

Yeah that thought occurred to me too. silly as it would be I can see them going down that road. Though if Kane amassed an army of haters, and starting bringing hate to everyone I might enjoy that. Might being the operative word.

Leading to a titanic Survivor series showdown between the Marks of Kane, and the B-Funk Explosion.

• Paid Members

Leading to a titanic Survivor series showdown between the Marks of Kane, and the B-Funk Explosion.

Why not go the whole hog, and have Eve and the others wear Kane masks. I'd crack up at Eve wrestling kelly kelly or whoever while wearing a kane mask!

Archived