TNA Against All Odds Discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I've caught TNA in a good while,and my god Bully Ray is an excellent heel,his promo with/in spite of Christy Hemme backstage was gold,and then when he interrupted/insulted her again when she was introducing him at the start of the main event was brilliant.Would be cool to see this version of him back in the WWE at some stage.

Great news about Jesse too,hopefully TNA will cover all of his medical bills.

More Bully Ray love from me. Imagine if he was in WWE? It would be like JBL all over again and he'd be universally hated (well loved, on the net) for his dickish ways. I refuse to believe that Bully Ray wouldn't be rockin' the 'WWE Universe' up and down North America. I just don't get why they don't have the TV Title on him instead of Robbie E. I def think that whenever Roode's first title reign is done that Bully should be that guys that beats whoever beat Roode. He's really earned it.

Could you imagine, two champions in the two big companies that both wore camouflage shorts eh?

Should prob say something about the show too, pretty much all the heels won, which left it a bit flat and there wasn't as many crazy whacky finishes as usual in TNA, which was good but all the PPVs just feel the same no matter who is wrestling who. Thing is they could be having, and actually are having good matches (Aries/Shelley, AJ/Kaz, 4-Way) but they don't stand out because of the PPV, or the dreaded fact its in the Impact Zone.

Bobby Roode's face was magical when Sting was counting the 3 Count.

More Bully Ray love from me. Imagine if he was in WWE? It would be like JBL all over again and he'd be universally hated (well loved, on the net) for his dickish ways. I refuse to believe that Bully Ray wouldn't be rockin' the 'WWE Universe' up and down North America. I just don't get why they don't have the TV Title on him instead of Robbie E. I def think that whenever Roode's first title reign is done that Bully should be that guys that beats whoever beat Roode. He's really earned it.

If they kept up the Robbie invitational, fighting just random guys and sneaking out a win every week or two, before having a semi credible babyface beat him. Then Bully Ray should pick up the TV title along the way. The only guy they've teased beating Robbie E was Eric Young, and as much as Bully Ray slapping the shit out of the retarded EY would be good TV and get him some serious heat, I think he'd benefit from beating someone who's a little more credible. However the EY scenario works for me just as well if I'm honest.

As long as he didn't stay at that level and brought the TV title up a few notches to the upper mid carders.

Also am I the only one who's enjoying TNA a lot more now that RVD, Anderson and co aren't stinking up the place? Right now they've got the right mix of the established stars like Ray, Hardy etc etc and the young 'TNA Homegrowners'

Bayless hasn't been with TNA since last August.

Cheers, shows how often I give TNA a watch!

So, Sorenson gets seriously hurt on a moonsault to the floor, what does the next match feature? Yup, Shannon Moore hitting an Asai Moonsault to the floor. Madness. Oh, and an injury angle in the match after that.

Is it just me though or does the ringside area in the impact zone give them no room to work with? It seems so narrow,

So, Sorenson gets seriously hurt on a moonsault to the floor, what does the next match feature? Yup, Shannon Moore hitting an Asai Moonsault to the floor. Madness.

Hardly, the incident that caused the injury was just a freak. The asai moonsault is one of the most common dives around, and isn't notorious for being particularly dangerous. The lad could just as easily have broken his neck on a clothesline or a bodyslam.

more great news concerning Jesse Sorensen. from pwinsider

Believe it or not, Jesse Sorensen has been released from the hospital and is back home in Tampa, FL.

While that's an awesome piece of news, Sorensen will have some ways to go in recovery, so keep him in your thoughts as he recovers

So, Sorenson gets seriously hurt on a moonsault to the floor, what does the next match feature? Yup, Shannon Moore hitting an Asai Moonsault to the floor. Madness.

Hardly, the incident that caused the injury was just a freak. The asai moonsault is one of the most common dives around, and isn't notorious for being particularly dangerous. The lad could just as easily have broken his neck on a clothesline or a bodyslam.

Whilst it was absolutely an accident, I am guessing that when they did their match Moore had no idea how hurt Sorensen was and you would think he would have just eliminated that spot from the match. It is not like it was a clothesline or bodyslam which occur in every match. Plus, who on earth books a card where two wrestlers in CONSECUTIVE MATCHES perform moonsaults to the floor? Great psychology there! A complete lack of understanding how to book and a way to trivialise and make moves seem unimportant.

• Paid Members

Its not the bookers or the wrestlers fault. Its typical of Al Snow and Simon Diamond's way of scripting wrestling matches. Its the same thing all the time. Thats why the storylines dont connect with the matches half the time, because TNA's road agents are the dirt worst and have been for years. Its the big advantage WWE has over TNA. No matter how shit WWE's booking is, they still have the likes Michael Hayes, Pat Patterson, Ricky Steamboat, BG James, Jamie Noble, Mike Rotunda and Arn Anderson handing out finishes. TNA on the other hand has relics from ECW. TNA needs someone like Fit Finlay or something. Every PPV or TV show, you are guarenteed a ref bump or a belt shot or something else straight from a 1999 episode of Sunday Night Heat.

I really enjoyed the PPV!

The Jesse Sorensen incident upon first watch in real time doesn't actually look as bad as I expected. Had I not known what the outcome was before watching the match I wouldn't have known any different and that Sorensen was seriously hurt as a result of it. The Wiley Coyote slow mo shot does look a lot nastier and I'm glad Jesse Is making a recovery already. I think he's been harshly criticized in the past and, lack of personality aside I've found him to be enjoyable in the ring since his TNA debut. He's only 22 and can only get better so it's really good to hear he's doing ok. Fair play to Zema Ion for staying in character during the whole ordeal- another guy who I feel isn't given the credit he deserves at times. He's playing his role well and is another young guy who can only improve with time.

The X-Division title match was really enjoyable and probably the best 1 on 1 X-division match from the past year in my opinion. Austin Aries is by far the best thing in TNA right now and is getting the lengthy run he deserves. The problem is they need to start building somebody else in the division to somehow get close to his level because otherwise him losing the belt to anybody else in the near future would be an absolute disaster. The only person who's close to being the full package like A double is right now is Alex Shelly, and an extended feud would definitely not be something anybody would turn their nose up at id imagine.

In ring wise, I thought AJ vs Kazarian was solid but was hurt by the beyond dead Impact Zone crowd. Styles Moonsaulting onto Daniels on the outside was probably one of the biggest pops of the night but other than that,I think the fact nobody knows whats going on with Kaz and Daniels hurt the match and crowd rather than add value to it.

I can't help but think TNA have totally gone about things arse over tit when it comes to Garrett Bischoff. They can stick him with Hogan and have Sting endorse him all they want but the audience aren't buying it because they know its not genuine. If Hogan were to publicly endorse somebody like Austin Aries as an example, it would garner the desired reaction because he legitimately IS that good. Having him do so for a rookie just add's fuel to the nepotism claims. Plus the crowd don't want to cheer for him, they want to cheer for Hogan!

Ironically had they played up to the nepotism claims, have Garrett be a cocky protected chicken shit heel with the help of his old man and Gunner, maybe then he'd have gotten over the right way. That could also given him time to improve as a wrestler so that when he did eventually turn and feud with his old man, he was an established character. Luckily they had Gunner go over which was the right thing to do. On a side note, I know why he's now using the DDT as a finisher but i'm slightly gutted as I've always been a fan of the F5!

I also really liked the main event. I had high hopes for it before the PPV and whilst it was a fun little match with some nice touches (Beer Money tease), I'd have liked to have seen it go on for 5-10 minutes longer as it felt a little bit rushed at times. There was some decent stuff in there that just needed to be padded out over a longer period of time. I also personally LOVED the ending. I might be in the minority here but I thought it was brilliant and Roode's facials throughout the whole thing, especially during the final pin were tremendous.

TNA's main event scene is probably the strongest it's been in a while now. All 4 men in the main event have established characters and are all more than capable in the ring...plus they're all over even with the mutants!. That's probably the most Pro-Hardy the crowd have been since his return.

Not a fantastic PPV by any stretch but by TNA standards it was pretty solid if unspectacular.

Whilst it was absolutely an accident, I am guessing that when they did their match Moore had no idea how hurt Sorensen was and you would think he would have just eliminated that spot from the match. It is not like it was a clothesline or bodyslam which occur in every match. Plus, who on earth books a card where two wrestlers in CONSECUTIVE MATCHES perform moonsaults to the floor? Great psychology there! A complete lack of understanding how to book and a way to trivialise and make moves seem unimportant.
Aye, I don't disagree that two near identical, cruiserweight highspots should be getting used in successive matches. Either change the match order so the similar stuff is kept apart, or have the flipfloppers speak beforehand to see what they're thinking of doing, so that they can vary the spots accordingly. Shannon Moore always uses that asai moonsault but he'd be as well not bothering as it's really ugly looking, his running flip dive over the top rope always looks better.I just don't think there's any need to avoid common spots on account of coincidence that a similar spot caused an earlier injury. If it was a ridiculously risky and stupid spot then sure, but a moonsault to the outside is relatively safe and easy to control for guys who know how to do it and take it.

Archived