It looks like Vince Russo is Capital G, Double O, Double N, E

IANdrewDiceClay

Russo gets too much shit flung in his direction. He's no saint, but he isn't the antichrist the majority of fans make out. It's not like there is a perfect booker out there who is going to come in and make TNA the best product overnight. Wasn't Russo the head booker in the months before Hogan and Bischoff came in? I loved TNA at that point, Styles had just become champion, Nigel McGuinness was wrestling Angle and the tag division was superb with MEM, British Invasion, Team 3D etc.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
in the last few years where he's been pretending that he has some kind of great wrestling brain

That's what I'm desperate to see. He talks a very good game doesnt he? I want to see if he's been reading to many issues of Figure 4 Weekly or if he's actually any good.

I know its not his fault, but Friends died on its fucking arse when he was writing for it.

• Paid Members
Who blamed Russo for Owens death? I was just talking about the character.

Piper did. Did you read my post?

Wait so was Piper working with Vince Russo and WWF at the time? I thought he was doing films and stuff.

It was in TNA when Piper had a book or something coming out.

• Paid Members
in the last few years where he's been pretending that he has some kind of great wrestling brain

That's what I'm desperate to see. He talks a very good game doesnt he? I want to see if he's been reading to many issues of Figure 4 Weekly or if he's actually any good.

I know its not his fault, but Friends died on its fucking arse when he was writing for it.

Those Bruce Willis Friends episodes are rotten.

• Paid Members
If Pritchard's been writing the last few months, then I like his style. Lagana was the guy who got fired for leaking to the dirt sheets, right?

Was the Lagana the one that sort of pushed himself on some of the lads as well. Kevin Thorn or someone?

• Paid Members
He also made ROH interesting for a week

Lagana certainly talked a good game while he was with ROH, but I couldn't say the product improved tremendously while he was on board.

• Paid Members

As far as organisation, production and presentation it totally did. Even you have to admit that. Final Battle was let down by the production of the show, which everyone blamed on the fact Lagana was no longer there. In fairness, he's probably more useful to what ROH needs, than what TNA is looking for. He's really good at doing things TNA dont actually need help with (such as producing video backages, directing and backstage skits).

Lagana's passionate about wrestling and as you say, he talks a good game. I'm willing to give him a chance. Hopefully he does a good job. If not, then fuck knows what TNA's next move will be.

Surly if TNA are allowing him creative, does that mean he is in control of tonights PPV? If so 3 hours ago he tweeted, the calm before the storm... hopefully not a link to the winner of the main event. Just kidding other than the is he in charge of the PPV?

Dave Lagana is not replacing Vince Russo on the TNA Creative Team. Lagana is at tonight's Against All Odds PPV and is "helping out", according to one top placed source in the company. Lagana was hired by the company last year specifically to work on Ring Ka King and other potential new series, not the Impact brand. He is at the PPV helping to produce backstage segments.

Vince Russo is not at the PPV and while there are some in the company that believe he is gone, nothing has been announced to the TNA roster or staff. Sources I spoke to either declined to comment or weren't aware of what Russo's situation was. "Nothing has been said officially to anyone," according to one person who was in today's production meetings.

from PWInsider, it makes sense that they would want him for the Indian shows, they probably are'nt going to get much bigger in the US no matter who books the shows but India has huge potential.

This is bad news IMO (if true, we'll see)...

Ever since the Prichard switch, TNA has been drifting towards a more formulaic "wrestlers squabbling at the start, which leads to a GM figure coming out to make matches for later" approach.

Another 6 months in that direction, and TNA will finally be the "WWE-lite" that foolish people accused it of being, when it wasn't.

The question mark is Bischoff though. Lagana coming in to work with Prichard probably leads to mediocrity at best, but Bischoff taking more of an interest and applying the logic of his book? That would be interesting. OR might just lead to "WCW-lite." Which, again, would be true at last! For the unimaginitive folks who always say that. Good for them.

What Russo haters might not have thought about, is that he will get the chance to recharge his batteries whilst away, and might be able to come back in 6-12 months with more power than ever. Dixie loves him. She has seen who does what first-hand, and knows that Russo is creative and productive etc. She won't stick with Lagana and Prichard doing 101 wrestling, if the numbers aren't encouraging. She'll make a move based on what she knows.

This is bad news IMO (if true, we'll see)...

Ever since the Prichard switch, TNA has been drifting towards a more formulaic "wrestlers squabbling at the start, which leads to a GM figure coming out to make matches for later" approach.

Another 6 months in that direction, and TNA will finally be the "WWE-lite" that foolish people accused it of being, when it wasn't.

I agree with this post. For about 6 months now the Total Non stop Action Impact Wrestling show has started with people talking and getting a tagteam matc just like on Smackdown. Its getting on my nerves, TNA is even worse when the VERY FIRST thing they do is call somebody out...

Storm: ''Ok Bobby, I just saw you seconds ago when we stood at gorilla.. come out here cause I have something to say to you..''

Cue Roode and the segment ends in a tagteam match with the Icon Sting, playah. Hollah, hollah.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

And it's now official: Russo is out of TNA. Dixie just tweeted this:

TNA and Vince Russo have mutually parted ways as of this week. The separation is amicable and professional.We are glad for the opportunity to have worked together and wish each other nothing but good luck and success in the future.

Archived