PRO WRESTLING ELITE - Friday 27th of April - Ayr Town Hall

Pro Wrestling Elite

• Paid Members

Tickets for this event are selling very fast indeed. and as word of the impending "Huge Announcement" does the rounds it will only get better... We anticiapate a sell out crowd for this event so don't wait to get your tickets...

This week the Ayrshire Post newspaper will feature an in depth interview with NOAM DAR about his upcoming match with MARK HASKINS, his thoughts and preditions on "that announcement" and what being on the Elite roster means to him...

Also, keep an eye out for a small preview in the upcoming issue of Fighting Spirit Magazine (FSM) of this show and the huge Main Event!!

Any more predictions??

:yinyang:

Right, a wee preview.

Noam Dar is beginning to look like the top dog in PWE at the moment. He's a cracking wrestler so he's definately worth it. Mark Haskins is a good step from Zack Sabre Jr., in that he's another well travelled guy who he's most likely going to steal the show with. When the match was first announced, I was instantly into it. Certainly should be worth the long trip south to Ayr. As for a prediction for this match, I can't really see past Noam Dar. I'm still working under the assumption that he's going up against the name coming in, so a win over Haskins would be perfect to move onto that.

On that subject actually. I've seen the ideas of big names being submitted being kinda dismissed. Yet this is supposed to be one of the "biggest announcements in Scottish wrestling history", which sort of leaves a few questions hanging. A man who has wrestled in the UK. Not in Scotland. The six sided shape in the clue. The colours. Now, this is way out of leftfield, but the six sided shape could represent one of the big Mexican lucha companies, not necessarily TNA. So start looking at AAA and CMLL. This now leads me to Taiji Ishimori. Ricky Marvin entered my head too, but I've went with the one with the most European appearances and a guy who Sloan has had on single shows before. At least, I'm sure he has.

Looking up and down the card, I see that James Scott doesn't have a match yet. BT Gunn and James Scott vs. Fight Club? Would certainly appeal to me. There's obviously only so much you can say about this match because we don't actually know who's in it, but you have three guys in there who we all know are very good. I'd say it's a given that the fourth guy is going to be put there knowing that their presence will lead to a great match. Prediction seems a bit redundant at this point. I'll just say Fight Club.

Andy Wild vs. Mikey Whiplash happened not long ago at the Kilmarnock Grand Hall. That match was an absolute cracker. Andy Wild also seems to be on something of a decent run. Watched a match he had with Sean South this morning ( the actual match didn't happen this morning :p ) and it was pretty damn good, which sort of cements the kind of form he's on at the minute. Mikey Whiplash is Mikey Whiplash? Prediction? Really tough to call, so since Wild took the match in BCW, I'm going to go with Whiplash returning the favour.

The four way is the main reason I'll be seeking to get the last show. It's apparently off the charts. So yeah, this one should be a cracker. I'm a bit high on Kris Travis especially. That guy is the bees knees. Erm... prediction. With four guys, it really could be anyone, couldn't it? I'll go with Kris Travis since I'm a mark.

Kay Lee Ray vs. Carmel is a match we've seen many times before. We've also seen them have many different types of matches and rarely disappoint. I tend to think their normal matches are very good, so this should be no different. I think having had all of the different types of matches in different environments makes things continue to feel a bit fresher than they would have in other circumstances. Prediction is gonna go with Carmel I think.

Last, but certainly not least, Joe Coffey vs. Wolfgang. Wolfgang is coming off one of the best matches he's EVER had against BT Gunn. He's usually the biggest guy in a match and I'm pretty sure he is here as well, but the difference is that Joe Coffey is a bit of a beast himself, and will hit Wolfgang every bit as hard as he gets hit. Prediction is Joe Coffey again, because we all want Coffey.

Finally found out I'm able to make this which is a massive relief. Finding out who "He" is will either be a massive anticlimax or a great moment. Either of the two will probably be worth it. The card is also bloody good.

Looking back at it, it's still the main event that leaps out at me, but that tag match just can't help intriguing me. I'm still hoping for James Scott though.

Right. First off, the Ayr Town Hall is a cracking wee venue. When I walked into the main hall, my instant reaction was "niiiiiiice".

BT Gunn and Lionheart df. Fight Club

This was a cracking way to open the show. There was a great early exchange between Kid Fite and BT Gunn. BT Gunn took a hell of a beating, especially the inital combo of moves from Kid Fite to turn the match around. Another highlight was Lionheart on the apron going nuts over every little thing. Anyways, yeah, good opener.

Wolfgang df. Joe Coffey

This match just felt like two guys beating the shit out of each other, which I'm always a fan of. Someone else told me the Discus Lariat was a bit off, but from where I was sitting, it looked like he caught Wolfgang hard. Liked the ending with Wolfgang reluctantly taking the pin ( gotta take yer wins where ye can get em ) with Boddington's help.

Noam Dar df. Mark Haskins

A bit of a disappointment I thought. They seemed to be going down the route of technical classic and it didn't seem to be working, although the crowd remained into thanks to Noam Dar being super over with the audience. Even when the match kicked into the upper gears, I didn't enjoy it much.

Andy Wild df. Mikey Whiplash

This was an absolute corker of a technical match though. With Whiplash being the way he is at ICW, it's easy to forget that as a straight laced technical guy, there isn't much better up here right now, and Andy Wild was right in there as well putting on yet another good performance in 2012.

So the announcement came after this, which as we now know was AJ Styles. The reaction that this got was huge, so obviously a lot of TNA watchers in the audience.

Carmel df. Kay Lee Ray

Thought the match ended a bit abruptly I thought, but it was good stuff. Although I am finally getting a bit fed up of seeing the two wrestle. I don't think it matters how good their matches are anymore.

El Ligero df. Joey Hayes, Kris Travis and Martin Kirby to win the main event.

This was a belter of a way to end the show. All four men had their chances to shine. Kris Travis was actually the stand out of the match before he was sadly chucked out of it first. El Ligero was always going to be the fan favourite here and the audience were eating from the palm of his hand. It helped that Martin Kirby seemed to be the main heel in there, and with his new skinhead he looked like an utter psychopath. Anyways, a terrific main event.

Overall, it was well worth the entry fee.

Archived