championship manager 1997 /1998

wwffan2

Gutted to see no love for LMA Manager 2007 on here. By far the best console manager game of all time. Toifilou Maoulida, Guiseppe Rossi and Jordi up front. Perfect for any new-build team. Maoulida was a menace that I grew to be a massive fan of in real life.It genuinely upsets me there was never a sequel.

Also, has anyone played the latest Champ Manager? You'd think it'd be a pathetic Premier Manager-like franchise by now, in the shadow of Football Manager, but it's actually fantastic.

Also always had a spot for FIFA Soccer Manager's option for bar you from playing at home, if your pitch was shoddy and Ultimate Soccer Manager 98-99's utter magnificence.

LMA is a beast on the ps2, Its a cross between Champs and Premier Manager and that is not a bad thing.

Champ Manager is now owned by Square iirc and there is a rubbish Facebook game bearing its name.

The Manager on the Amiga is all kinds of class and well worth checking out, if only for the insane ingame animations

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody used to play Onside on PS1? You could fly through 20 seasons in half an hour, winning the league every time. It was a terrible game really, but I kept going in the hope of seeing a top quality player as one of the 2-3 players a week that were for sale. I remember going through so many seasons that the players should have actually been dead.

Anybody used to play Onside on PS1? You could fly through 20 seasons in half an hour, winning the league every time. It was a terrible game really, but I kept going in the hope of seeing a top quality player as one of the 2-3 players a week that were for sale. I remember going through so many seasons that the players should have actually been dead.

Yeah I had Onside, used to play the matches sometimes too but it was pretty dreadful as you say. Youri Djorkaeff was the best player on the game, randomly.

Was it 97/98 which had Chris Smith and Dave Richards on? Two young strikers who had all stats in the high teens or 20, would normally score about 30 in a season but virtually always retired at the end of one of the first two seasons.

I remember always buying Ibrahima Bakayoko, amazing player in the game such a shame he was so shit when Everton actually bought him.

There was another Spanish striker from Real Betis I think, had Jesus in the title I think...he got me 65 goals in one season.

• 3 months later...
What you really should be playing is Prem Man 98. That is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest football management game of all time. Nothing touches Prem Man 98. Here’s a free tip: sign Blackpool striker Scott Taylor. He’s about 4

I'm sure I'm not the only that has enjoyed wwffan2 bumping every single one of the threads he's created in the last few months tonight.

I am glad it gives you so much pleasure thanks for your comments pretty worthless as usual at least stay on topic.

Archived