WWE Wrestlemania Revenge Tour lineup

Ant

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder why they have changed from the O2 Arena in London to Wembley...

Most likely because they don't sell out at the O2 and it probably costs them a lot of money to book there, hence it may be better financially to book the cheaper Wembley Arena and sell out.

To anyone who's been to a house show on this tour, what is the merchandise like? I'm always tempted to buy a tshirt when I go to a show, what was available?

Last night in Nottingham they mostly had Raw stuff although they had some Smackdown stuff in there too (Randy Orton and Myesterio... wait, is he Smackdown these days?)

Also, if it was anything like Nottingham, and if something catches your eye at a merchandise stall, I suggest you buy it there. My young nephew was with us and wanted a CM Punk wrist band/glove thing that was on display on the stall outside the ticket barrier. We went through because queues were huge... unfortunately none of the other merchandise stands had em.

Also, the T Shirts only go up to XL in my past experience

I wonder why they have changed from the O2 Arena in London to Wembley...

Most likely because they don't sell out at the O2 and it probably costs them a lot of money to book there, hence it may be better financially to book the cheaper Wembley Arena and sell out.

WWE.com says that the show will be at the O2.

Edit: WWE.com changed it to the Wembley Arena.

Nope, says Wembley Arena.

It said O2 for a few minutes. They changed it.

Shame, as Wembley Arena really is a dump, but can understand them going there just for a house show. Still reckon i'll go, always ends up being a fun night out!

WWE.com is run by a bunch of monkeys. They're constantly correcting things.

It is odd that they would select the same venue that TNA uses. They seem to avoid doing that when they can. London has other buildings that WWE could've picked instead, including a few that WWE ran prior to the O2 opening, such as Earl's Court and the Royal Albert Hall.

Do WWE have to pay to book a room...?

I was certain, what with the business they bring to the complexes they vists as well as the cut the organisers get of the merchandise, the WWE would receive a fee to put a show on. That's what happens with big bands and the like isn't it? ...A venue pays a promoter to get profitable acts and gives him a budget, said promoter uses budget to book acts and acts bring money in via business/merchandise etc.

Spoiler for Smackdown

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Antonio Cesaro was on in the NXT dark match v UK Kid and in a vignette on Smackdown as Arksanas love interest

In a dark main had to witness Bryan getting beaten by Shaemus in 18 seconds after he got on the mic and promised it would never happen again.

Do WWE have to pay to book a room...?

I was certain, what with the business they bring to the complexes they vists as well as the cut the organisers get of the merchandise, the WWE would receive a fee to put a show on. That's what happens with big bands and the like isn't it? ...A venue pays a promoter to get profitable acts and gives him a budget, said promoter uses budget to book acts and acts bring money in via business/merchandise etc.

I think you've got it completely the wrong way around. As far as I'm aware, the promoter/touring act pays to book the building. You've got me questioning it now, though.

Archived