Casting Actors to play Wrestlers

Charles goodwill

• Paid Members
I reckon Tom Hardy would be a brilliant Dynamite Kid if a story of his life was ever made.

Going off his performance in The Fighter I think Christian Bale could do a better job. Hardy would make a better HHH.

I think if you watch Bronson, you'll be sold on Tom Hardy too. He's perfect for the role I think, and can pack on the mass to look just like him too.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Although he's already played a 'wrestler' I've always though Jack Black would make a cracking Mick Foley if the autobiographies were to be made into a film.

Am I right in thinking the book 'Ring of Hell' about Benoit is being made into a movie?

• Paid Members
Am I right in thinking the book 'Ring of Hell' about Benoit is being made into a movie?

Yeah, but it looks like a no budget TV movie deal that will probably never see the light of day.

• Paid Members

That guy from the Big Bang Theory isn't quite nerdy enough!

I'm definitely going for Timothy Olyphant to play Vince (as mentioned earlier). He's even got the crazy walk and looks like butter wouldn't melt in his youth but certainly not to be messed with!

I don't know how to post pictures on here but I was watching an episode of friends the other week and I swear on my life that Chandlers boss is based entirely on Vince. The size, the hair, the voice, the mannerisms everything.

He's got it to a t. Even the swagger!

Archived